Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2017, 8:08 pm

Programs: SQ, BA, QR, Marriott Titanium & LT Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat, AmEx Cent
Originally Posted by PayItForward
Mine was the drawer in the bathroom with the salts and hairdryer but those 2,3,4 were missing.

Booked Classic and got a Business room. The app shows Deluxe Twin. They were definitely out of Suites although I saw Exec rooms for sale but told me my assigned room is best as rest were either next to lift or lower floors like 6. Also assured that while high floor, being weekend, there will be no hacking or drilling so noise should not be a concern.

Recognition amongst senior staff was evident and certainly made me feel guilty to have been sleeping around in other SIN properties and at the same time a sense of homecoming.

Update: 1 of the replenished slippers was the old fluffy one!!! Guess they still have some old inventory. Also found the sewing kit in the "shoe basket". One other observation. The new water bottles looks more generic but might feels slightly bigger. Circling back to the Conrad bear, every time we look at it, we can't help but Smile at their creativity. That small construction hat is absolutely genius.

Which floor were you assigned? I'm back tomorrow for 2 weeks, currently assigned a deluxe on 12th floor MBS facing. App shows no suites, but executive availability. I am wondering whether to ask for a higher floor, but want to avoid any strong paint smell. Any thoughts?
Old Dec 10, 2017, 4:00 am

Originally Posted by EGW1
Which floor were you assigned? I'm back tomorrow for 2 weeks, currently assigned a deluxe on 12th floor MBS facing. App shows no suites, but executive availability. I am wondering whether to ask for a higher floor, but want to avoid any strong paint smell. Any thoughts?
Was given 20th floor. There is an unmistakable new room smell but "easy" to get use to. Its there every time we exit the lift or enter our room. There was some drilling today around noon time. Suspect weekdays will be more.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 4:16 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
I was initially given 14th floor from OLCI but i chose a corner room on the 13th floor instead. I was hoping for a higher floor but I thought they were being refurbished at the moment.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 5:52 am

Should I ask for a room on lower floors to avoid "new room smell", assuming they were completed months ago?
Old Dec 10, 2017, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by broadwayboy
Should I ask for a room on lower floors to avoid "new room smell", assuming they were completed months ago?
If you are sensitive to those smell, you definitely should mention it during check-in. Lower floors also means further away from the rooms (floor) currently under renovation.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 3:09 am

Programs: BA Silver, LH FTL, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Accor Silver
So 8th floor should be fine in terms of noise and smell? What floor is currently renovated?
Old Dec 11, 2017, 3:51 am

Programs: SQ, BA, QR, Marriott Titanium & LT Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat, AmEx Cent
Originally Posted by stepfel
So 8th floor should be fine in terms of noise and smell? What floor is currently renovated?
23rd floor to 31st floor
Old Dec 11, 2017, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by stepfel
Yes that should be fine. I was on floor 10 (1026) a week and a half ago and had no paint smell (and room was renovated)
Old Dec 12, 2017, 3:33 am

For those who have stayed recently, how is the set-up of the temporary Club Lounge? Is it relocated to a part of a restaurant or a really temporary space with no atmosphere at all?
Old Dec 12, 2017, 4:32 am

Originally Posted by broadwayboy
For those who have stayed recently, how is the set-up of the temporary Club Lounge? Is it relocated to a part of a restaurant or a really temporary space with no atmosphere at all?
Level 4 has always been a restaurant/lounge. Business room (Deluxe) guests used to be told to have their included breakfast there. They now use it exclusively as the Exec Lounge while 31st floor is being renovated. Atmosphere is present but they need to manually check to see eligibility until they recognise you. This is cause there are no lift access to restrict (screen) guests. Afterall level 4 is also where the pool, gym and spa are located. Do note that there are some works going on around the pool area and can be noisy at times (day).
Old Dec 12, 2017, 7:15 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
I thought I answered this, but maybe I wasn't clear. You need 1 Exec room and 2 standard (Deluxe or whatever) rooms to get lounge access for 4 adults when 1 is a Diamond.
You also need to book the Exec room for 2 adults. The rate here is the same for one or 2 guests in a standard room, but it is different in an Exec room.

You book the Exec room for 2 guests, neither of which is you, and those 2 guests get lounge access.
You book one standard room for 2 guests, one of which is you (the Diamond), and those 2 guests get lounge access due to your status. This room will also be eligible for an upgrade to a higher floor based on availability.
You book one additional standard room (they will not ask, but even if they did, you can say it is a "spare room"). This room will not be eligible for upgrade, but they might do something to keep you all together.

In sum, you're paying for lounge access for 2 guests booked into the Exec room and you get lounge access for 2 guests (booked into the same standard room) due to your Diamond status.
After you are checked in, you can decide on your own who sleeps where.
Thanks I've done just that 2 nights over Xmas, will report back how it goes. Only concern is that hotel assumes I'll be the one in the Exec room ... however I've split the booking into 2 (1 Confirmation# for Exec, and 1 Confirmation# for 2 standards).

Any idea if the hotel has any special Christmas activity going on ?
Old Dec 12, 2017, 8:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by wantan
Thanks I've done just that 2 nights over Xmas, will report back how it goes. Only concern is that hotel assumes I'll be the one in the Exec room ... however I've split the booking into 2 (1 Confirmation# for Exec, and 1 Confirmation# for 2 standards).
You could mention in the comments section who is who in the exec and standard rooms, putting 2 guests other than yourself in the exec, or simply explain that at check-in. This method is definitely legit, since you are paying for the exec room. I can't see why a Diamond would ever book an exec room for themselves at this property. The only difference is the floor level.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 8:48 pm

As a FYI and probably due to the renovation and holiday period, I did not get upgraded to an Exec room although that is not necessary to have lounge access as a Diamond.
Remember to register two pax in the Exec room and two pax in your room.
They are currently manually verifying room details when entering the "lounge"
Depending on the crowd, breakfast might be taken at Exec Lounge / Oscar / Lobby Lounge

But I was never really bothered nor inconvenienced by the renovations.
The staff are all fantastic especially the Exec lounge team.

Having 2nd thoughts but we are committed to Hilton for Christmas instead of our regular Conrad.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 10:18 pm

Currently in residence - got a corner room on one of the lower floors, which smells "new" but nothing like the horrid solvent smell in the past. Impressed, but the rooms do lack colour. Incidentally, I did overhear a guest complaining in the lounge about said smell on the higher floors. Room is nice, bed is more comfortable than I remember, and corner rooms retain the bed facing towards the windows, rather than the TV, which I prefer. Next week I should be able to try a suite and will report back.

Lounge on 4th is ok - gets quite busy at peak times and generally doesn't feel very luxurious, but it serves its purpose.

Lobby is nicely decked out in Christmas attire and candles lit in the evening in the lobby are a nice touch.

Renovation noise is fairly limited (although I'm out 8am-6pm).

Good to be back...my only observation is the air con can now only be controlled via a panel at the door, rather than next to the bed. I have found the air con to be either particularly aggressive, or hot air.

PayItForward - I wouldn't go to Hilton unless it is a great deal. I've stayed 3 times - once in a dated suite (the bathroom steam room was the best feature...), once in an Executive Room which was ok, and once on the Executive floor with a balcony room (well, rooms, I moved to almost all of them because of damp issues in each room). The Conrad, if the price is right, is a no brainer...
Old Dec 21, 2017, 3:31 pm

Any news on the lounge? Whether it is done being renovated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.