Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2017, 1:08 am

Programs: SQ KF, A3 Gold, CI Dynasty, UA MileagePlus, ANA AMC, HH Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold
Aye same here, if u need help with the extra booking I'd be willing to help you out too.

digital key is not an issue as you still can choose to use the traditional key cards .
Old Dec 5, 2017, 4:22 am

Surprised at the people offering their "help".

This is a general point, rather than responding to wantan specifically - you all do realise that you are going to be responsible for everything going on in that room, including any minibar consumption, F&B charges to the room, and so on? It doesn't even have to be anything malicious - a simple dispute with the hotel about damage to the room furniture, for example, will get extremely messy if you are stuck in the middle having made the booking.

For that reason, I would never book a room on behalf of a stranger, and would suggest that others think twice too. It's just basic risk management.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 7:34 am

I believe the offers to help by @gummibar and @RCTP are because @wantan is a regular here. I doubt they would have made the same offer if it was a random/new FT poster. I have made some good friends online that translated to a real world friendship. Of course, we all know this is a Gray area as well even if they do check-in in person.

Anyways, I will be here this weekend. Curious how the new rooms will feel like.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 8:02 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Anyway, not sure whether you all know but there is ANOTHER sale going on.. this time it’s only 20% off BAR... not as good as the recently concluded sale. But if you missed the previous sale, this is your chance!
Old Dec 7, 2017, 12:21 am

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
Originally Posted by gummibar
Actually you don’t have to worry about digital key as one can choose not to activate it.

If if you want lounge access for everyone then u need someone with diamond status to book for u, in addition to your booking. I’ve already reached 30 stays this year so I’m just offering to see whether u want me to help. Feel free to private message me if you want.
Originally Posted by RCTP
Aye same here, if u need help with the extra booking I'd be willing to help you out too.

digital key is not an issue as you still can choose to use the traditional key cards .
Thanks again for the offers very tempting but as I'm traveling with some elderly folks, I foresee plenty of questions if the room is in a name they are not familiar with :P

so just leaving this out here again in case somebody has past experience :

1 Diamond booking 3 rooms, cheapest combo to get lounge access for all , is it 1 Exec Room 2 Standard, 2 Exec Room 1 Standard or 3 Standards. Trip will be over Xmas, unsure if this is a busy time for the hotel ?

and just in case, I'm not booking 3 Exec rooms because lounge is not essential for us.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 1:50 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by wantan
1 Diamond booking 3 rooms, cheapest combo to get lounge access for all , is it 1 Exec Room 2 Standard, 2 Exec Room 1 Standard or 3 Standards. .
I thought I answered this, but maybe I wasn't clear. You need 1 Exec room and 2 standard (Deluxe or whatever) rooms to get lounge access for 4 adults when 1 is a Diamond.
You also need to book the Exec room for 2 adults. The rate here is the same for one or 2 guests in a standard room, but it is different in an Exec room.

You book the Exec room for 2 guests, neither of which is you, and those 2 guests get lounge access.
You book one standard room for 2 guests, one of which is you (the Diamond), and those 2 guests get lounge access due to your status. This room will also be eligible for an upgrade to a higher floor based on availability.
You book one additional standard room (they will not ask, but even if they did, you can say it is a "spare room"). This room will not be eligible for upgrade, but they might do something to keep you all together.

In sum, you're paying for lounge access for 2 guests booked into the Exec room and you get lounge access for 2 guests (booked into the same standard room) due to your Diamond status.
After you are checked in, you can decide on your own who sleeps where.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 9:19 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum AMB, PrivilegeClub Gold
Staying here on holidays now. Booked centennial king suite, got the same on 18th floor. The renovation noise is clearly audible from 9AM to 6PM plus unpleasant smell from paint solvent in the room. The room is newly redecorated one, feels modern and has all the necessities (USB ports next to bed). The pool area is also being renovated and noisy (pool is open though). Not the ideal stay for me, feels like a real downgrade from (over-touristy) Marina Bay Sands.

There is a temporary lounge on 4th floor, next to the pool and with basic offerings of canapés and beverages (sparkling instead of Champagne, wines, spirits). Can be crowded.

Got offered a 3PM late checkout as a diamond.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 10:21 pm

Originally Posted by Estratos
Staying here on holidays now. Booked centennial king suite, got the same on 18th floor. The renovation noise is clearly audible from 9AM to 6PM plus unpleasant smell from paint solvent in the room. The room is newly redecorated one, feels modern and has all the necessities (USB ports next to bed). The pool area is also being renovated and noisy (pool is open though). Not the ideal stay for me, feels like a real downgrade from (over-touristy) Marina Bay Sands.

There is a temporary lounge on 4th floor, next to the pool and with basic offerings of canapés and beverages (sparkling instead of Champagne, wines, spirits). Can be crowded.

Got offered a 3PM late checkout as a diamond.
To confirm, pool is open but noisy..?
How about the makeshift lounge? Noisy and cramp?
Will be arriving later for two nights and I would be lying if I do not have concerns how the stay will pan out.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 3:40 am

Quick onservations: Gone
- Fluffy slippers
- Razor kit
- Sewing kit
- Comb...
Old Dec 8, 2017, 6:52 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by PayItForward
- Fluffy slippers
- Razor kit
- Sewing kit
- Comb...
Strange, since those are Conrad standards, regardless of location. Did you ask for some?
Old Dec 8, 2017, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
To confirm, pool is open but noisy..?
How about the makeshift lounge? Noisy and cramp?
Will be arriving later for two nights and I would be lying if I do not have concerns how the stay will pan out.
Can't speak to pool (didn't have time to go) but I would only be concerned if you are planning to spend whole day at the hotel. As noted in my post, I had absolutely no issues during my stay there. Granted it was also the 6th out of 7 hotels I had stayed in over the past 3 weeks in 7 countries and 4 continents so I just cared about a comfortable room, good wifi, and location near my meetings. That and I was only at the hotel 10pm - 9am on day/night one and 10pm - 5am on day/night two, but I had no issues with construction noise during those times and no issue with paint smell in my renovated deluxe king (1026)

The lounge is certainly not going to wow anyone but I thought it was more than serviceable as a temporary lounge. Breakfast was perfectly acceptable and hit all the major points that I care about: a MTO omelet station with egg whites, decent homemade bread, and a self-service espresso machine.

If I came back on business I would definitely stay here again and would probably stay on personal travel unless I wanted to check out one of the other hotels nearby just because (like the JW or the Ritz).

- Fluffy slippers
- Razor kit
- Sewing kit
- Comb...
I had 1, 3, and 4 when I was there last week. They were all in the basket in the closet (and the slippers were put out at the side of my bed on a sheet following the 1 day of housekeeping service).
Old Dec 8, 2017, 5:06 pm

Programs: US, HH
- Fluffy slippers
- Razor kit
- Sewing kit
- Comb...
There’s a drawer underneath the bathroom counter, not really that obvious that it’s a storage space, and the rest of the usual toiletries were there, including some bath salts. If I remember correctly, that’s also where the hair dryer was.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Strange, since those are Conrad standards, regardless of location. Did you ask for some?
There are still slippers. Just the typical flat ones but in the same "fancy" bag.I like the old thick fluffy ones. The other items was just an observation. Maybe will ask for a shaving kit but comb and sewing kit I'll pass. I liked that the Conrad bear has a hard hat
Old Dec 8, 2017, 6:51 pm

Programs: QF gold, HH Diamond, VA plat, Aegean Gold
Oh no i loved those slippers
Old Dec 8, 2017, 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by Duke787
Can't speak to pool (didn't have time to go) but I would only be concerned if you are planning to spend whole day at the hotel. As noted in my post, I had absolutely no issues during my stay there. Granted it was also the 6th out of 7 hotels I had stayed in over the past 3 weeks in 7 countries and 4 continents so I just cared about a comfortable room, good wifi, and location near my meetings. That and I was only at the hotel 10pm - 9am on day/night one and 10pm - 5am on day/night two, but I had no issues with construction noise during those times and no issue with paint smell in my renovated deluxe king (1026)

The lounge is certainly not going to wow anyone but I thought it was more than serviceable as a temporary lounge. Breakfast was perfectly acceptable and hit all the major points that I care about: a MTO omelet station with egg whites, decent homemade bread, and a self-service espresso machine.

If I came back on business I would definitely stay here again and would probably stay on personal travel unless I wanted to check out one of the other hotels nearby just because (like the JW or the Ritz).

I had 1, 3, and 4 when I was there last week. They were all in the basket in the closet (and the slippers were put out at the side of my bed on a sheet following the 1 day of housekeeping service).
Originally Posted by GrjApp
There’s a drawer underneath the bathroom counter, not really that obvious that it’s a storage space, and the rest of the usual toiletries were there, including some bath salts. If I remember correctly, that’s also where the hair dryer was.
Mine was the drawer in the bathroom with the salts and hairdryer but those 2,3,4 were missing.

Booked Classic and got a Business room. The app shows Deluxe Twin. They were definitely out of Suites although I saw Exec rooms for sale but told me my assigned room is best as rest were either next to lift or lower floors like 6. Also assured that while high floor, being weekend, there will be no hacking or drilling so noise should not be a concern.

Recognition amongst senior staff was evident and certainly made me feel guilty to have been sleeping around in other SIN properties and at the same time a sense of homecoming.

Update: 1 of the replenished slippers was the old fluffy one!!! Guess they still have some old inventory. Also found the sewing kit in the "shoe basket". One other observation. The new water bottles looks more generic but might feels slightly bigger. Circling back to the Conrad bear, every time we look at it, we can't help but Smile at their creativity. That small construction hat is absolutely genius.

Last edited by PayItForward; Dec 9, 2017 at 5:37 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.