Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Old Nov 1, 2017, 4:20 pm

Thanks. I'd move my stay to Andaz then.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 4:48 pm

Okay. We caved in. Will be back for 2 nights in December with another 3 nights at the Hilton. Have had great experience here and thought we should really give it a try. There's still a month more to go, hopefully things are better by then.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 12:18 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Several of my own making in which I was recently fast-tracked to super-duper-über-elite status
I'm trying to book a standard room award, but nothing availabe from Jan 27th onwards.

Maybe they decided that after renovations are complete all rooms are premium.

Hoping it's only a booking engine glitch and that inventory will re-appear soon.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 8:15 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
Looking at this hotel for Xmas trip to SG. Will be traveling with family + infant ... 4 rooms in all.

Rates don't seem to bad around that time, ~266SGD. Any idea if renovation continues on public holidays ?

And any experience on getting Diamond benefits for 2 rooms ?
Old Nov 2, 2017, 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by stanj
I'm trying to book a standard room award, but nothing availabe from Jan 27th onwards.

Maybe they decided that after renovations are complete all rooms are premium.

Hoping it's only a booking engine glitch and that inventory will re-appear soon.
I suspect it is just the new rooms (names / types) are not properly configured
or updated yet. Maybe call / email the property to check?
Old Nov 2, 2017, 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by wantan
Looking at this hotel for Xmas trip to SG. Will be traveling with family + infant ... 4 rooms in all.

Rates don't seem to bad around that time, ~266SGD. Any idea if renovation continues on public holidays ?

And any experience on getting Diamond benefits for 2 rooms ?
While SGD 266 is not bad, I have had seen better rates. In fact, there are SGD 249 on certain days for Dec 2017. For Christmas, I usually book into suites direct as there are high chances of getting only the room booked during this period aka no upgrades . While we will be here in Dec, we have opted to spend Christmas itself at Hilton. First time there and excited to see what they have to offer.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 12:00 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Several of my own making in which I was recently fast-tracked to super-duper-über-elite status
Originally Posted by PayItForward
I suspect it is just the new rooms (names / types) are not properly configured
or updated yet. Maybe call / email the property to check?
That's probably the case. Looks like they're callling the unrenovated rooms "classic" and renovated rooms "deluxe."

Only deluxe and above are showing availability after 1/27, which is probably when they anticipate the renovations being completed. Earlier today the deluxe rooms were showing a premium award rate, but now they're not showing any kind of award rate.

I've emailed them and hopefully it will be sorted out. Thanks for the insight.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 5:55 pm

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Duke787
Recent thoughts on here vs. JW? Have a work trip coming up with the event at MBS but don't really feel like staying at MBS.

Have Diamond at HH and Plat at Marriott so those seem to be the best options within reasonable walking distance
Diamond HH Gold Marriott here. Spent 3 or 4 nights at the JW late Sept on the way to Indonesia and 2 nights at the Conrad on the way back a week or so ago.

In the future I'll book whichever is cheaper. For me, breakfast at the JW was limited to the lounge and fewer selections than the buffet. Service about equal. Fitness area smaller (I think) at the JW. It felt cramped. Breakfast at Oscars has deteriorated and they have cheapened the bears at the Conrad. Service at both is good.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 8:42 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
well ... seems to be a flash sale for Conrad Singapore going on. Bookable via Hilton.com or most OTA (agoda etc)

Dates in December are starting from SGD200 for Classic Room. Executive SGD250. Suite SGD350.

I'm going to guess the Executive Lounge closure is one of the reasons for this slash especially during school holidays ?
Old Nov 6, 2017, 8:45 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by wantan
well ... seems to be a flash sale for Conrad Singapore going on. Bookable via Hilton.com or most OTA (agoda etc)

Dates in December are starting from SGD200 for Classic Room. Executive SGD250. Suite SGD350.

I'm going to guess the Executive Lounge closure is one of the reasons for this slash especially during school holidays ?
The Lounge and refurbishment should end by Jan 2018. However the sale extends to the whole of 2018. Good rates!
Old Nov 7, 2017, 1:53 am

Originally Posted by gummibar
The Lounge and refurbishment should end by Jan 2018. However the sale extends to the whole of 2018. Good rates!
True but must remember these rates are prepaid and non-changeable. Great if plans are fixed though.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by manneca
Diamond HH Gold Marriott here. Spent 3 or 4 nights at the JW late Sept on the way to Indonesia and 2 nights at the Conrad on the way back a week or so ago.

In the future I'll book whichever is cheaper. For me, breakfast at the JW was limited to the lounge and fewer selections than the buffet. Service about equal. Fitness area smaller (I think) at the JW. It felt cramped. Breakfast at Oscars has deteriorated and they have cheapened the bears at the Conrad. Service at both is good.
Thanks for reply. May end up just going with the Conrad.

This is for business travel and weirdly the Conrad is in policy despite being slightly more expensive than the JW. I think it's probably easier to just take the in policy hotel vs. jumping through the hoops of documenting the JW being cheaper and then having to stay on that if I get any pushback on expense reimbursement.

Bummer about the construction (this is end of November so definitely won't be done) but I'll survive / will be out of the hotel most of the day anyway.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 8:29 am

When I try to book a room this Conrad,I found a new room category "Grand Deluxe Room". It is slightly expensive than ”Deluxe room". They used to upgrade from deluxe room to executive room for Honors Gold booking.
After having this new room category I wonder a Gold member need to book a grand deluxe room for getting upgrade to an executive room or not.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 2:14 pm

Programs: SQ KF, A3 Gold, CI Dynasty, UA MileagePlus, ANA AMC, HH Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold
As a frequent guest at this hotel, and being a diamond, they’ve been giving me one category upgrades.

Getting real disappointed as previously as a Gold the upgrades were pretty fantastic up till about a year ago. Things have been going downhill since then.

Even their sister property Hilton Singapore is giving 2 to 3 cat upgrades occasionally.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 4:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by RCTP
As a frequent guest at this hotel, and being a diamond, they’ve been giving me one category upgrades.

Getting real disappointed as previously as a Gold the upgrades were pretty fantastic up till about a year ago. Things have been going downhill since then.

Even their sister property Hilton Singapore is giving 2 to 3 cat upgrades occasionally.
Well, remember, that due to the renovations, the number of rooms available overall has been reduced for the time being. Let's see what happens once the project is done..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.