Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2017, 12:42 am

Programs: Exec Club - Gold, HH - Diamond, Club Carlson - Gold, IHG - Spire
A few more things which may be of assistance...
- The noise on the last two days was quite bad, considering it was about 10 floors away. They are doing work poolside which you can hear to about floor 20, plus the floor by floor renovations! I would recommend not staying here until its complete as it was loud enough to wake people up a lot earlier than needed.
- The room was great, further to the comments below, the large bench isn't very comfy and the backrest is a bit useless. Its more of a space filler.
- I couldn't find that extra bin
- Thinking back, the noise from the air con control unit was the biggest issue as its guaranteed to wake any one up during the night, so set it wisely. I'm not sure if the automatic drapes/blinds were there prior to the renovations but they worked perfectly. After staying in a large suite at the Waldorf NYC prior to its closing, it was a morning task to open the sets of curtains in all the rooms every morning so a one press button in each room here was a nice amenity.
Attached Images   
Old Oct 28, 2017, 10:24 pm

Programs: QC Life, QFF Gold, VA Gold, HH nothing,IHG Gold
Looking at the Hilton website the lounge is being renovated from November, I wonder when that will finish. An area on level 4 will be used in the mean time. One of the good things about the lounge was the view.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 1:22 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Originally Posted by Bundy Bear
Looking at the Hilton website the lounge is being renovated from November, I wonder when that will finish. An area on level 4 will be used in the mean time. One of the good things about the lounge was the view.
Ohh does not sound good. I would guess that it will be in the small area beside pool that is used for breakfast. It is very small. Also a construction site near as they build some new meeting space. Hope not but if so will not be pleasant
Old Oct 29, 2017, 3:44 am

Programs: QF LTG, VA Gold, BA Gold, HH, SFSC
Well I ended up in a corner room on the 31st floor (exec level). This has yet to be renovated so no comment on the new rooms. I was told there would be building work during the day, but I heard nothing.

Waffles and ice-cream for breakfast went down a treat!
Old Oct 29, 2017, 5:39 am

Yeah, will use the breakfast area in level 4. Nice enough, probably as big as the current lounge.
Anyone know anything about the gym renovations, if any, or can anyone ask for me please?
Old Oct 30, 2017, 7:29 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
Originally Posted by Bundy Bear
wonder if some additional perks will be offered to lounge guests ?

When the Le Meridien KL lounge was being renovated 2 years back, all lounge guests were given free dinner buffet at main restaurant AND free flow alcohol during cocktail hour. ^

Hilton KL on the other hand, just set aside a space in the coffee house ... and food option was even less than lounge.

Meeting facilities were not FOC in both hotels during renovation despite being a lounge perk.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 10:53 pm

Renovation

Is renovation still on going? How disruptive is it? Is there a problem with new room “smell” (paint, chemical)? Thanks.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 3:29 am

Programs: Exec Club - Gold, HH - Diamond, Club Carlson - Gold, IHG - Spire
Originally Posted by broadwayboy
Is renovation still on going? How disruptive is it? Is there a problem with new room “smell” (paint, chemical)? Thanks.
I didn't notice a smell, the noise is quite disruptive, or it can be... The noise near the pool was quite loud as was which ever floor they were working on at the time. On the occasion we slept in, or tried to, the noise woke us up around 9:00 am
Old Oct 31, 2017, 4:00 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by sean1231
I didn't notice a smell, the noise is quite disruptive, or it can be... The noise near the pool was quite loud as was which ever floor they were working on at the time. On the occasion we slept in, or tried to, the noise woke us up around 9:00 am
Second that! For my stay on a Sat-Sun, they started work at 8:45 am on a sunday. Totally woke me up from my sleep. NOT RECOMMENDED!
Old Oct 31, 2017, 5:53 am

Thanks for the heads up and posting exact times!
i don't sleep past 6am so noise shouldn't be an issue. My main concern is the gym renos and whether they have gutted it to make room for other things...
Old Oct 31, 2017, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Recent thoughts on here vs. JW? Have a work trip coming up with the event at MBS but don't really feel like staying at MBS.

Have Diamond at HH and Plat at Marriott so those seem to be the best options within reasonable walking distance
Old Oct 31, 2017, 9:59 am

It's an easy walk but can be a bit warm as you'll have to cross the road and bridge in the heat. (Maybe a max half mile out in the open- from hotel hit the Centennial Mall, then out at the far end, cross 2 roads and you are at the helix bridge).
Never stayed at the JW but it would be a bit further to walk.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 9:44 pm

All these posts about the renovation noises is making me hesitant to book my usual year end stay here. More surprisingly, there seems to be no "discounts" to encourage bookings with all these inconveniences going on. Monitoring closely to see if anything turns up... Really like this property for the staff and location but if the stay is going to be disruptive and still priced at a premium, I will rather stay elsewhere.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 2:48 am

Programs: SQ, BA, QR, Marriott Titanium & LT Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat, AmEx Cent
Originally Posted by PayItForward
All these posts about the renovation noises is making me hesitant to book my usual year end stay here. More surprisingly, there seems to be no "discounts" to encourage bookings with all these inconveniences going on. Monitoring closely to see if anything turns up... Really like this property for the staff and location but if the stay is going to be disruptive and still priced at a premium, I will rather stay elsewhere.
Just to help your decision...I stayed the best part of a year off and on from Nov 2016 to July 2017. I switched to the Sheraton because of the reno. Sheraton was full this week so I returned...the paint smell in the original renovated room (although beautiful) was too overwhelming to stomach...switched to an older style room which is nice but showing its age. The noise is bearable from the upper floors. End of year will coincide with the final re-furb phase including the lounge. I won't be back until it's completed...and I agree, the pricing at the moment is ridiculous considering the extent of the re-furb.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by EGW1
Just to help your decision...I stayed the best part of a year off and on from Nov 2016 to July 2017. I switched to the Sheraton because of the reno. Sheraton was full this week so I returned...the paint smell in the original renovated room (although beautiful) was too overwhelming to stomach...switched to an older style room which is nice but showing its age. The noise is bearable from the upper floors. End of year will coincide with the final re-furb phase including the lounge. I won't be back until it's completed...and I agree, the pricing at the moment is ridiculous considering the extent of the re-furb.
Thanks for this update. Answers my question above about Conrad vs. JW. Will go with JW on this account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.