Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2017, 2:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Ausriver
Will be staying in this hotel on 16th Sep, during the F1 weekend, will we be able to actually see the F1 race from some of the hotel rooms?
Here's the coursemap: Singapore GP

When I was at the JW recently, they told me you can see the race from their property. Looking at the map, it appears the Conrad is a bit farther off, with the Pan Pacific blocking most or all of the view.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 7:58 am

Programs: SQ KF, A3 Gold, CI Dynasty, UA MileagePlus, ANA AMC, HH Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Did you get one of the renovated rooms?
Well i specifically booked the deluxe room and got what i booked with no upgrade.

when i was checking out today, another guest was checking in and had apparently booked the same room as me. and he was given a one category upgrade to an executive room. he was obviously unhappy about it and mentioned that's only a one category upgrade even though he's a diamond which was what he used to get as a Gold. the staff apologised to him and said they were running on full capacity.

that guest was preparing to go all out with the staff, but since i've completed my checkout, i beat a hasty retreat before having to see an ugly scene play out.

but yeah checking the app after i'm away, i did see that CCS wasn't running on "full capacity". some suites were still available for booking.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 8:04 am
IHG 5+ Badge

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by RCTP
Well i specifically booked the deluxe room and got what i booked with no upgrade.

when i was checking out today, another guest was checking in and had apparently booked the same room as me. and he was given a one category upgrade to an executive room. he was obviously unhappy about it and mentioned that's only a one category upgrade even though he's a diamond which was what he used to get as a Gold. the staff apologised to him and said they were running on full capacity.

that guest was preparing to go all out with the staff, but since i've completed my checkout, i beat a hasty retreat before having to see an ugly scene play out.

but yeah checking the app after i'm away, i did see that CCS wasn't running on "full capacity". some suites were still available for booking.
Did you see his giraffe ?

Thats nothing compared to Scubaccr getting the presidential suite here on my birthday. still mad
Old Aug 20, 2017, 9:00 am

Programs: Eurobonus EBD, BW Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, IHG Plat Amb, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jedicat666
Did you see his giraffe ?

Thats nothing compared to Scubaccr getting the presidential suite here on my birthday. still mad
rofl, and a helipad?
on topic.
I checked in and got a king exec room. So a one level upgrade I guess from cheapest to king exec, or isnthat more than one here?
Old Aug 20, 2017, 9:07 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
[QUOTE=RCTP;28712957]Well i specifically booked the deluxe room and got what i booked with no upgrade.
QUOTE]

I wasn't aware that all of the deluxe rooms were renovated. If that was the case I would take the deluxe room over an Exec room as a DIA since I would still have EL access.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 9:25 am

Programs: SQ KF, A3 Gold, CI Dynasty, UA MileagePlus, ANA AMC, HH Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jumbooze
rofl, and a helipad?
on topic.
I checked in and got a king exec room. So a one level upgrade I guess from cheapest to king exec, or isnthat more than one here?
it's classic king, deluxe king, executive king. They are essentially the same room type at different levels and a coffee machine in it.

For it now the deluxe room type is renovated up till level 8. Level 9 till some where in the middle is currently being worked on. You can definitely hear the construction works going on.

Not sure if it's due to the works, I got two or three power trips during my stay. The first trip kinda freaked me out as I was on my royal throne discussing a major business proposition with Mother Nature.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 9:39 am

Programs: Eurobonus EBD, BW Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, IHG Plat Amb, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by RCTP
it's classic king, deluxe king, executive king. They are essentially the same room type at different levels and a coffee machine in it.
Ahh so I got two levels up from classic to exec.
I have the coffee machine but also a minibar list stating coffee as 5 SGD, usally the nespresso machine with pods is free but I guess the exec level here everything is at a premium but hey I got complementary choclates and fruit
Old Aug 20, 2017, 5:19 pm

I have the coffee machine but also a minibar list stating coffee as 5 SGD, usally the nespresso machine with pods is free but I guess the exec level here everything is at a premium but hey I got complementary choclates and fruit
oops I didn't look at the minibar price list!! The coffee capsules were complimentary in the past! And I consumed a couple of them during my stay.

Think you should clarify with exec lounge staff.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 10:13 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
I think the nespresso coffee is free, but if you ask for a refill after using up your capsules, then they will charge...at least that was my understanding. Correct me if I am wrong.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 12:25 am

Originally Posted by gummibar
I think the nespresso coffee is free, but if you ask for a refill after using up your capsules, then they will charge...at least that was my understanding. Correct me if I am wrong.
hmm shouldn't be. Housekeeping always refill them during turn down or next morning and there are times I consumed one or two again.

best to check with the staff although I'm sure they are supposed to be complimentary
Old Aug 21, 2017, 7:16 am

After a closer look the box with capsules is labeled with the word complimentary so I wonder whats the coffee and tea mentioned in the minibar list.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 5:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
After a closer look the box with capsules is labeled with the word complimentary so I wonder whats the coffee and tea mentioned in the minibar list.
I would speculate that requesting a pot of tea or coffee isn't complimentary.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 6:37 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, QF Plat, Velocity Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
The refurbished rooms now appear on the website just the base level rooms at this stage

Deciding between another Conrad stay or the Shangri La Singapore City

Thoughts?
Old Sep 11, 2017, 2:50 am

As I understand,the all day open bar concept in the EL, including the Champagne BF is gone !

Can some one confirm ?
Old Sep 11, 2017, 7:36 am

Programs: SQ PPS *G, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by moeser
As I understand,the all day open bar concept in the EL, including the Champagne BF is gone !

Can some one confirm ?
The last time I was there (last month), beers and wines are still available all day free of charge up to 8pm. They just don't advertise it. Sparkling wine is only during the happy hour. All alcoholic drinks are chargeable after 8pm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.