Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2022, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by wels0n
staying here sun - wednesday. just got an email saying i got upgraded to executive room. i'm excited, first time in singapore...!

Hi,

Enjoy Singapore ( and the Conrad)!

Regards

TBS
Abidjan likes this.
Old May 19, 2022, 3:00 pm

You’ll love it, I hope. Not sure how much SE Asia you’ve done, but you’ll find the hotels so much nicer than equivalent US and EU versions of the same brand. Enjoy! And don’t be afraid of the hawker centres, they are the best places to eat.
bamboola, kirkwoodj and Schwann like this.
Old May 19, 2022, 4:28 pm

Programs: QF gold, HH Diamond, VA plat, Aegean Gold
Some feedback on the lounge offering would be great
Old May 19, 2022, 4:55 pm

Any hawker stalls near the Conrad?

Originally Posted by Cynicor
You’ll love it, I hope. Not sure how much SE Asia you’ve done, but you’ll find the hotels so much nicer than equivalent US and EU versions of the same brand. Enjoy! And don’t be afraid of the hawker centres, they are the best places to eat.
Old May 19, 2022, 6:04 pm

There are small ones, kind of, near to the raffles on smaller streets.
and then upmarket ones like glutton’s bay at the marina. (Maybe closed for covid?)
My suggestion is take a taxi to old airport road for dinner or maxwell food market near Chinatown.
bamboola and Abidjan like this.
Old May 20, 2022, 8:09 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: FlyingBlue | Krisflyer | SPG | HHonors
Re: Hawker stalls near the Conrad, I highly recommend the Beach Road Army Market not far from the Nicoll Highway MRT station (one stop from Esplanade MRT station above Conrad).

This market has a food centre and is so named by the locals because the upper levels actually sells army supplies for Singaporean males that have reached enlisting age due to the compulsory National Service in Singapore. It is worth a visit for tourists as well since around the area is the Kampong Glam neighbourhood which is the community for some of the earliest native inhabitants of the island.
Old May 20, 2022, 11:20 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by wels0n
staying here sun - wednesday. just got an email saying i got upgraded to executive room. i'm excited, first time in singapore...!
Enjoy! Some of favorites as suggestion. The Singapore Zoo and an air conditioned bus service is available on the other side of the mall. The Botanical Gardens, but make sure to check the weather in advance. It is huge, but you can even picnic there, Chinatown for people watching from any numerous restaurants/bars. Of course the various hawker markets. And since you have EL access at the Conrad, I recommend getting back in time to freshen up and get to the lounge as it open to get window seats.
Old May 20, 2022, 1:43 pm

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Some great guidance here - - FT at its finest.
Old May 20, 2022, 4:21 pm

Ditto. Thank you for all the suggestions!

Originally Posted by Abidjan
Some great guidance here - - FT at its finest.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 12:20 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
No more Shanghai Tang or other toiletries. “Ms TravelLawyer please be informed that the Bathroom Amenities that we are using now is BYREDO, and unfortunately we do not offer any other amenities. Thank you.”
Old Jun 9, 2022, 3:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by TravelLawyer
No more Shanghai Tang or other toiletries. “Ms TravelLawyer please be informed that the Bathroom Amenities that we are using now is BYREDO, and unfortunately we do not offer any other amenities. Thank you.”

hi

Are they in large bottles or single small bottles.
here in conrad dubai we have large byredo bottle's of
shampoo
body wash
Conditioner

There are small shanghai tang bottles of body lotion.

Looks like byredo is spreading

Regards

Tbs
Old Jun 9, 2022, 8:12 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Old Jun 9, 2022, 8:24 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
With a surname like TravelLawyer, I guess it's only natural that you'd work as a lawyer and have travel as a hobby
TravelLawyer likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 8:40 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
hi

Are they in large bottles or single small bottles.
here in conrad dubai we have large byredo bottle's of
shampoo
body wash
Conditioner

There are small shanghai tang bottles of body lotion.

Looks like byredo is spreading

Regards

Tbs
They are large communal bottles of Byredo in Mohave Ghost scent. Even the lotion is a large communal bottle. We are not fans of this brand - nothing very special or memorable. Reminds me of the generic bottles they use at business hotels and cruise ships.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by yurtripper
With a surname like TravelLawyer, I guess it's only natural that you'd work as a lawyer and have travel as a hobby
Lololol!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.