Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Old Sep 9, 2019, 10:19 pm

Programs: Airlines - Only in the pointy end on points, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by vnfilm1
Thank you ALL for sharing your inputs. I just make a 4 night stay at Conrad, no deluxe room available . I book the grand king room and not sure what is different between King deluxe vs grand king.

Please advise Which room number will give me a good view of Marina. Should I send an email ahead to request to see if I will get the room I ask for.

What is LP . Is it Laurent Perrier. If so, can I still ask for a glass or two in EL . And which lounge ( floor 31 or floor 4) . And what is the best way to ask for a glass of LP.

Does anyone know which brand bath amenity at Conrad Singapore.
Room numbers ending in 06 will give a view very similar to the lounge (depending on the height). We had 3006 (Exec Room) a few years ago. Keep in mind any room will have at least a partially obstructed view.

I didn't try at the level 4 lounge but at our stay last month I had no problem asking for the Laurent Perrier Champagne on 31 during the day. If you ask after 8pm you may find it is chargeable.

The default amenity is Shanghai Tang.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 3:56 am

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by alany611
As we will be here for our honeymoon it would be nice to get upgraded to a suite. Have diamonds been upgraded to a suite from a deluxe at this property?
A few pages ago someone did mention getting a suite upgrade. I can only share my data point: Stayed two separate saturday nights in August and didn't get suite upgrade for either.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 5:53 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
I'm Diamond. I went from a Deluxe to a Centennial Suite. This was for a Wed night in July and it was only for one night.
kevino and RafKa like this.
Old Sep 21, 2019, 3:00 pm

Programs: Executive Club - Gold, HH - Gold, Marriott - Gold
I would love some help in making a choice of where to stay - currently I have both booked for next week 25-29 September.

I am a HH and Bonvoy Gold member - and I had both the Conrad and Marriott price match third party sites but that means I cant decide which to keep...

The Conrad is going to cost me approx. 670 (with my price match) for a grand deluxe room and they have included lounge access and breakfast.
The JW Marriott is going to cost approx 780 (with price match) for a studio room and breakfast.

In theory I should be entitled to an upgrade in both as a gold member but the Conrad gives me executive lounge access.

What would you guys do?
Old Sep 21, 2019, 3:26 pm

May we ask who they price matched to and how you got it done? That rate for four nights is quite good.
Old Sep 21, 2019, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by saaveraward
May we ask who they price matched to and how you got it done? That rate for four nights is quite good.
I Just searched the cheapest rates online - and I find trip advisor is really good to find deals. And so I found a deal and they price matched plus the extra 25%.

However that’s not an answer to my question!
Old Sep 21, 2019, 9:05 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ, EY, QR, BA, ITA, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott
Originally Posted by Spinstorm
I would love some help in making a choice of where to stay - currently I have both booked for next week 25-29 September.

I am a HH and Bonvoy Gold member - and I had both the Conrad and Marriott price match third party sites but that means I cant decide which to keep...

The Conrad is going to cost me approx. 670 (with my price match) for a grand deluxe room and they have included lounge access and breakfast.
The JW Marriott is going to cost approx 780 (with price match) for a studio room and breakfast.

In theory I should be entitled to an upgrade in both as a gold member but the Conrad gives me executive lounge access.

What would you guys do?
Conrad, all day long. Better lounge (with free-flow LP Champagne) along with nice table service for drinks. Very nice, classy new rooms & generally excellent service. The JW underwhelmed in all of the aforementioned, IME.
Old Sep 21, 2019, 9:50 pm

I Just searched the cheapest rates online - and I find trip advisor is really good to find deals. And so I found a deal and they price matched plus the extra 25%.

However thats not an answer to my question!
If I had the product knowledge to answer your question, I would have been more than happy to. Thank you for your reply.
Old Sep 21, 2019, 9:54 pm

What would you guys do?
Im dont understand the difficult decision.

Conrad: equal luxury to the JW, slightly better location, less money, and all day lounge access. Plus their breakfast in the lobby is 💯. The JW is nice (maybe a better pool) but Im not sure what the benefit of staying there would be.
NoY likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2019, 11:18 pm

I think saaveraward was asking which website you used from tripadvisor to price match.

I haven't been to the JW but Conrad was great, you'll have a great stay with the full day lounge access, there's no point to look elsewhere and pay more
Old Sep 21, 2019, 11:43 pm

Programs: SQ, BA, QR, Marriott Titanium & LT Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat, AmEx Cent

What would you guys do?

Stayed regularly at both, wouldnt pay more for one over the other. If the Conrad is cheaper, easy decision! If you are particularly into hotels that are a bit more funky, artwork, and you really want to be at the south beach location or use of the spa, you could justify the extra, but otherwise not necessary. Conrad is a great hotel - personally having stayed about 100 nights this year, I find the lounge a bit repetitive on food options and over capacity (JW less so) but I suspect for 4 days itll be good enough variety.

Last edited by EGW1; Sep 21, 2019 at 11:48 pm
Old Sep 21, 2019, 11:46 pm

Programs: SQ, BA, QR, Marriott Titanium & LT Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat, AmEx Cent
Originally Posted by alany611

As we will be here for our honeymoon it would be nice to get upgraded to a suite. Have diamonds been upgraded to a suite from a deluxe at this property?
Yes, a few times, usually only if I have specifically requested the suite for a few days for a special occasion or meetings. Otherwise, its usually a 21 or 26 series executive.
Old Sep 22, 2019, 9:52 am

I cancelled the JW - I agree that with the lounge access and breakfast there isn’t much reason (if any) to stay at anywhere else.

The site I price matched was one I had never heard of before - it came up under the tripadvisor deals when I did a hotel search. I never saw that site listed on any other price comparison sites or google.
Old Sep 22, 2019, 11:13 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Amex Platinum
Well, Conrad is actually a good choice. JW Marriott isn't that much better than Conrad (plus, its more expensive too)
Old Sep 30, 2019, 5:00 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire elite, Qatar Privilege Club Gold, Hyatt Explorer, Nordic Choice Gold
No more LP at the lounge (31st neither 4th). Staying now for 15 nights and asked twice. But they are serving Chandon as a champagne.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.