Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Help Me Spend My Points - I'm looking for somewhere to go in March

Old Aug 15, 06, 10:45 pm
Original Poster

Alright, I need help. I've got about 250,000 points burning a hole in my pocket and I need somewhere to spend them. My wife has a week off in early March and I have two free passes for anywhere that Airtran Airlines flies. Where should I go? We're not hard to please. The best answer wins a pat on the back.

Thanks,
Nick Adams
Marietta, GA
Old Aug 16, 06, 1:48 am
Community Director

Where does Airtran fly?
Old Aug 16, 06, 6:31 am

Location: Franklin, TN HHonors Diamond, Worldperks Platinum, Priority Club Platinum
Well, first of all, March starts spring break for the kiddies and, from personal experience the warm weather resorts (Palm Springs, Florida, etc) rooms are tight and you may not want to mess with the college kids.

I would select a destination I probably would not otherwise go to due to distance or price. This is a great opportunity

How about flying into Buffalo and going to the ES at Niagara Falls, Canada. Spring in NYC or DC wouldn't be bad.

I don't believe AirTran flies to AZ, Hilton has some nice resorts,there.

San Francisco or Vegas are options I would consider.

Good luck and have fun.
Old Aug 16, 06, 7:01 am
Moderator: Travel Bidding forum

I'm fairly certain that airtran doesn't go to AZ.
It all depends on what you like. Since itís March do you want beach, skiing or museums? Makes a difference.

This might be a good one: Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach. Brand new all-suite resort in March should be nice. Come to think of it, maybe I'll use of my points there as well.
Old Aug 16, 06, 7:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jabez
I'm fairly certain that airtran doesn't go to AZ.
It all depends on what you like. Since itís March do you want beach, skiing or museums? Makes a difference.

This might be a good one: Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach. Brand new all-suite resort in March should be nice. Come to think of it, maybe I'll use of my points there as well.
Jim,

Museums or beach would be nice. I like your suggestion about Fort Lauderdale, but how bad will the Spring Break crowd be there?

Nick
Old Aug 16, 06, 8:38 pm

Programs: Hilton (Gold), Starwood
Talking

Fly Airtran nonstop into Sarasota, rent a car (Enterprise good prices using entertainment card) and stay at the Hilton Longboat Key, Florida. This is more of a family oriented place so it will not be overloaded with spring break teenagers I don't think. The beach is better here than in Fort Lauderdale if you ask me. There's culture in Sarasota, upscale shopping in St. Armand's Circle, Tommy Bahama's restaurant in St. Armand's Circle, and fun casual food at Old Salty Dog in Longboat Key.

http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/hotels/i...tyhocn=SRQHIHF
Old Aug 17, 06, 7:53 am

Using Airtran ,I'd either go to DC or NYC for museums. Spring break can be bad most every beach area, but FLL has become a very nice and upscale destination. The new Hilton looks like it will be great.
If you want the most "bang for the buck" ,or in your case points/miles, I'd go to Los Angeles and plan a trip at a few different properties north and south of there. There's lots of possibilities.
Old Aug 17, 06, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta Platinum, HHonors Diamond, PC Platinum
Originally Posted by nickjadams
Jim,

Museums or beach would be nice. I like your suggestion about Fort Lauderdale, but how bad will the Spring Break crowd be there?

Nick
For several years now, Ft. Lauderdale has discouraged spring breakers and tried to go upscale and attract more families. The spring breakers are at Panama City, Daytona, Padre Island, Cancun, etc. For sure, there will be some, but they won't be driving down Oceanfront Blvd (or whatever the name is) bumper to bumper with the top down doing shots of jagrmeister.
Old Aug 18, 06, 7:01 am

FLL is quite nice with good restaurants, nice shopping and water taxis. Add to that what looks to be a nice new Hilton and you've got a winner.
Old Aug 18, 06, 7:12 am

Programs: UA Plat,HH Diamond,Hyatt Plat, Marriott Gold (Thanks UA!)
delete - I need to study geography more.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: