Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort {US-FL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort {US-FL}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2020, 8:59 pm

Programs: IHG Rewards Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, UA/DL/AA Back of the plane...
Staying here in a few weeks as a diamond... any recent stays and maybe a heads up on anything I might need to be aware of?

thanks in advance!
Old Jan 14, 2020, 5:40 am

Originally Posted by fwfdan
Staying here in a few weeks as a diamond... any recent stays and maybe a heads up on anything I might need to be aware of?
I'm local to Fort Lauderdale, so I haven't actually stayed at any of our area hotels. But, I think this is worth highlighting:

Originally Posted by Seat 1F
...to the noise and dust from construction next door that rendered the beautiful balcony basically useless.
That construction site is the Four Seasons Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort. It's located to the north of the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort. If you're planning on spending any time in your room, you might want to request a room on the south side of the Hilton. The east or west side would work, too. East would be ocean view. West faces away from the ocean but you'd get to see the lights of the city and the Intercoastal Waterway as long as you are not on the first couple of floors.

If you're a map person, look at the following to give you an overview. North is to the top of the screen.
https://binged.it/30ld9sr
Old Jan 21, 2020, 8:34 am

Programs: IHG Rewards Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, UA/DL/AA Back of the plane...
Thanks, we will call about the room location (we have a king ocean view and will request a south side room if possible

Will report back after our stay in February....
Old Feb 15, 2020, 7:44 pm

Stayed a few weeks ago.... pretty good stay!

- we had a junior suite oceanview booked - they said the junior suite is one of the smaller rooms (350sqf) but the website says it should have been the larger (650sqf) but that was moot as because of a small mix-up they upgraded us to a king 1BR...
- floors 23 (I think) and higher have had the rooms remodeled and are identified as "beach house" rooms... they are working on the rest of the hotel...
- breakfast buffet was quite nice... and the staff were really good
- we did not really like the bar (and we like bars!) as it was on the 6th floor near the pool but no views...
- did not dine in the restaurant
- like all beach properties, parking and resort fee 'extras' are quite high (we did not have a car and it was a reward stay so did not pay them)
- pool was nice but poolside bar service lacked (sign said you could not bring outside food/drinks)
- for the time being I would not worry about the construction next door on the north side... rooms start at the sixth floor and views are still quite nice (from the pool looking north as we were south side view)
- restaurant S3 (Sun, Surf, Sand) is in the hotel building but is unaffiliated with the hotel. That being said, you can put your bill there on your room. Good food and a nice ocean view right on A1A.

Overall a nice stay and we would stay there again if we could get it for reasonable points....
flockavelliFT likes this.

Last edited by fwfdan; Feb 15, 2020 at 8:16 pm
Old Sep 1, 2020, 10:20 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond
Looking to book in mid-September... can anyone PM me the GM's email address? Looking for some information from them. Thanks!
Old Mar 25, 2021, 4:20 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Have been staying here the past 5 days on points (52,000 per night). Considering the peak season pricing of $600/night, using the points was a no brainer. The place was pretty busy, but not to the point of making it unenjoyable.

Our arrival would not be until until 1am so I had called that day at around 1pm to advise them of this and ask if they could provide something a nice view, knowing that coming in that late at night could mean the last of the pickings. The front desk gentlemen I spoke to was very nice and said he'd do everything he could to take care of us as a Diamond guest with a long stay. I noticed a little while later that my reservation showed an Oceanview Deluxe Junior Suite (upgraded from the booked standard King sunset view).

Even after landing in FLL at nearly midnight, the app still showed the room type. When I arrived, however, the reception informed me that they had us in a Queen junior suite. I honestly would have preferred to stay in the King room as we didn't need the 2 beds. But, I also knew at 1am there was not a lot that could be done so we decided we'd talk to the MOD the next morning about a switch to a King, which is what we booked, despite the generous upgrade to the 2 queen juinior suite.

The 'upgrade' was just a longer room (from door to window) with the 2 queen beds and a kitchenette along the hallway separating the entrance from the sleeping area. The kitchenette has an electric stove, microwave and fridge. There was a balcony off the room facing North and a view of the Ocean to the right. Unfortunately, we were also facing the Four Seasons residences high-rise which is still under construction. From the looks of it, I'd guess it will be at least 6-7 months before the exterior will be completely done, which means noise on the weekday mornings.

The next morning, I went and spoke to the front desk supervisor and explained that we were thankful for the upgrade, but would rather be in our originally assigned room type (King standard/no balcony) to avoid the terrible view and noise. I also showed him pictures of two long strands of black hair we found on the walls of the shower.

He was very understanding and apologetic. After a few moments, he was able to move us to an Oceanview Deluxe Junior King Suite, facing the other side away from the construction. The suite has a spacious bathroom with shower and large tub, a bedroom with King bed and TV, and a separate living room (separated by a short walkway, but no door) with TV, kitchenette with microwave, stove and mini fridge. The balcony is off the living room and, for us, was facing the W hotel with a view of the ocean facing South.

After the initial hiccups of the first night, we were very happy with the overall stay. The property is in a good location to walk to few places, but also just far enough from the crowds around the bars around Los Olas.

When the hotel is full or near full capacity, if you want a recliner at the pool you'd best get down there by 8-830 at the latest and put a towel and some belongings like lotions, book, flip flops, etc. The double size daybeds that don't have any covering are first-come first-serve, and there's no charge to use them Mon-Thur. On Fri-Sun, they must be reserved for $150. There are other day beds under a covering that can be reserved (all days) and even large cabanas that are fully enclosed with a curtain that can be closed on the front for privacy. Those also, of course, require a paid reservation.

The same goes for the beach chairs. If you get down there at an early hour, you can snag the beach chair and it's yours as long as you want. There are 2 chairs available for no charge per room. An umbrella is $20.

The pool restaurant (6th floor) is where the Diamond breakfast is given and you receive a blue chip for each guest (up to 2). Ryan at the bar was fantastic in remembering his customers and what they tended to like. Food/drink service at the pool deck didn't start until 12pm during the weekdays when I was there, so you would have to into the bar and get a drink and/or order food if you wanted to consume it outside at pool chair. They may start the service earlier on the weekends. The menu choices were all good, but the service in general was pretty slow.

If you're fitness minded, there is also a nice gym on 6, and be sure to check the daily class schedule (including beach yoga) as there are a good many that are complimentary for guests.

During our stay, we decided to extend our stay a night with points, I booked it through the Diamond desk and then let the front desk know so they could join the two reservations. They took care of that and were able to keep us in our upgraded junior suite.

Though the Diamond benefit gives 2 bottles of water per day, you can request them at the front desk any time (2 at a time) and they don't ask for room number.

We were able to get our checkout time pushed from 11am to 1pm. It's rare. at any Hilton stay that they extend my check out time to 4pm like Marirot does for it's top tier elites. It's not really a benefit since, even before Hilton added it to the Diamond benefit list, anyone of any elite level could request a late check out and the hotel would grant it based on their incoming checkins.

I would definitely stay again on a future stay in FLL.
flockavelliFT likes this.

Last edited by PHL; Apr 1, 2021 at 6:43 am
Old Dec 22, 2021, 11:56 am

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Are there standard award rooms here that accom 4 people (2 adults and two kids?). Has anyone had success booking a standard King room for two on points, then contacting the hotel to switch to a double bed room?
Old Feb 14, 2022, 8:27 pm

Question standard room not available?

I am looking to stay at Hilton Fort luaderdale beach resort from july 16th through 22nd. First time using hilton points and I am a little confused. It looks like only the premium room is available as it wants 190k per night. But if I look it up with dollars, it doesn't seem that expensive per night and I see standard room available. Am I missing something? I looked at several other properties and I don't see this behavior. Can someone explain what this means and if I can just wait until the points rate is better?
Old Feb 14, 2022, 8:40 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
I see rooms available (Sunset View Studio or Ocean View Studio Suite) for 80000 points every night in your date range.
I guess that you are trying to book for more than 2 people.
Try checking the Accessible Rooms box, that shows some rooms for more than 2 adults for the 80000 rate.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by jbeckett
I see rooms available (Sunset View Studio or Ocean View Studio Suite) for 80000 points every night in your date range.
I guess that you are trying to book for more than 2 people.
Try checking the Accessible Rooms box, that shows some rooms for more than 2 adults for the 80000 rate.
yes I am booking for two adults and two children. Let me try that accessible rooms.

wow it works.. I dont get it, why is accessible rooms cheaper? And why are kids driving up the price?

Also whats the difference between acc w/tub and hearing acc...
Old Feb 14, 2022, 11:24 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
In many Hiltons the standard rooms have a maximum occupancy of 2, so they won't appear if you put children in the search. Standard rooms have a capped points price, no matter how much the paid rate is, 80000 in your case.

Higher category rooms will only be available for the premium points price which is a function of the cash price, around 0.3-0.5 cents per point.

However it may not be a problem to have children in a standard room that normally only sleeps 2. For example my 2 year old will sleep in our bed, so the hotel doesn't need to do anything extra and I don't include him on the reservation. Or you may have your own travel cot.

​​​​​For older children who may need a rollaway bed, some hotels will be able to provide this in a standard room, but obviously you need to tell them before arrival and they may charge. See also the hotel's family policy on the Hilton website.

Some hotels will not allow an extra bed especially with 2 children, and force you to book a higher category room, which means it usually is not worthwhile to use points, unless the accessible room trick works.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by :D!
In many Hiltons the standard rooms have a maximum occupancy of 2, so they won't appear if you put children in the search. Standard rooms have a capped points price, no matter how much the paid rate is, 80000 in your case.

Higher category rooms will only be available for the premium points price which is a function of the cash price, around 0.3-0.5 cents per point.

However it may not be a problem to have children in a standard room that normally only sleeps 2. For example my 2 year old will sleep in our bed, so the hotel doesn't need to do anything extra and I don't include him on the reservation. Or you may have your own travel cot.

​​​​​For older children who may need a rollaway bed, some hotels will be able to provide this in a standard room, but obviously you need to tell them before arrival and they may charge. See also the hotel's family policy on the Hilton website.

Some hotels will not allow an extra bed especially with 2 children, and force you to book a higher category room, which means it usually is not worthwhile to use points, unless the accessible room trick works.
Thanks for the explanation!

I need to do some more research and see whether booking without kids or booking accessibility room is a safer choice for us. I don't want to fly all the way over there and then tell me I can't stay there.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 7:58 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by sdfly
yes I am booking for two adults and two children. Let me try that accessible rooms.

wow it works.. I dont get it, why is accessible rooms cheaper? And why are kids driving up the price?

Also whats the difference between acc w/tub and hearing acc...
Most accessible rooms have a roll in shower to make it easier for a wheelchair, etc. Hearing accessible in our experience is the room is standard but there is a doorbell that causes lights to flash so if you're hearing impaired you know someone is at the door. Or if the fire alarm is going off.

Last edited by Eujeanie; Feb 15, 2022 at 3:34 pm
Old Feb 15, 2022, 2:36 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by sdfly
Thanks for the explanation!

I need to do some more research and see whether booking without kids or booking accessibility room is a safer choice for us. I don't want to fly all the way over there and then tell me I can't stay there.
Book the accessible room.
JJeffrey likes this.
Old May 9, 2022, 5:09 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, CC Gold, UA Silver
Just had 3 night stay at Hilton FLL Beach resort and wanted to give quick review and hope this can help others who were in the same situation as us.

Quick background of us - We are family of 4 with 2 teenagers from East Coast, and wanted quick beach location to refresh. 1st trip since COVID started. I wanted a resort with beach and pool access and somewhere where we didn't need a car or have to drive lots and still have access to restaurants. Narrowed it down to Miami, FLL, Clearwater. I also had one free Hilton night. After reviewing all of my options, I chose Fort Lauderdale Beach since we have never been before and I liked the options available to us. Bonus, the FLL air show was the weekend we went which was amazing to see all the planes and US Thunderbirds right from the beach! I am pretty surprised I was able to get a room with this going on.

Once I narrowed it down to FLL, I looked at Marriott, Hyatt and Hilton properties. Initially I had booked at Conrad, but then switched to Hilton FLL. Changed to Hilton due to 15k cheaper a night plus I heard larger pool area for the kids plus we were able to get oceanview room and larger balcony vs partial view and smaller balcony at Conrad. I also looked at Westin and W but they only had double beds and Hilton properties were all 2 queens. Also, Hilton had no resort fees on award stays and $30 food credit.

Upgrade - I emailed front desk ahead of time and was able to secure a 1 bedroom 2 queen suite three days before arrival. All rooms at this hotel are suites with kitchen but our original 2 queen studio suite was only partial kitchen and no separate living space. Plus larger balcony! Score

Decor - As someone mentioned, think Ikea beach decor. Nice all white, very clean. Only thing I didn't like was floors were tile and cold. No slippers and since we didn't get housekeeping, I hated having sandy floors. Full kitchen was great, although due to COVID, nothing stocked which is understandable. Not even paper towels or dishsoap. You had to ask for everything to be brought up to room which they did promptly

Service - they had text service which was great

Pool - on 6th floor like many of the properties. It was really windy in the shade. Airshow was Saturday and Sunday so was big party and loud music with lots of adults partying and drinking. We stayed mostly at the beach.

Beach - best part of the trip. Tip - when you cross the street from the Hilton, go to the beach area to the right. We didn't know until day 2 but this is W hotel beach area. No one seemed to care since all the beach chairs and umbrella set up are blue and no differentiation between the 2 properties. The difference is that Hilton charges $20 for an umbrella and $18 for extra beach chairs beyond 2. I looked at W resort fee and umbrella and chairs are included so the beach attendants don't seem to check who is staying where. Towels are free and we used the W hotels towels no problem. Could have been staff that weekend but I think worth a try to save some money. The staff at the W beach area were all young and seemed more interested in checking their phones and talking to themselves. I only saw them at the end to collect the chairs. The Hilton beach wait staff was also taking orders on the W side since the W had no waitress service! On the Hilton side, it was staffed by older gentlemen who were very nice but they definitely checked if you stayed at Hilton and also were charging for umbrellas and chairs.

Food - Le Marche in Hilton was nice for quick food but $$$. Gelato was $5 a scoop and Starbucks was $7 for a latte. Diamond got $15 a day credit x 2 people. Note it does not carry over and has to be used daily. Conrad you get $30 a day x 2 FYI. Didn't try S3, menu didn't excite us. Tip - for great breakfast try Archibalds 2 blocks behind Hilton. Great local owned bakery with good coffee and great homemade breakfast sandwiches, muffins and scones. Much cheaper than any of the hotel properties and better quality.

Other places we tried and had great meals - Wild Thyme for brunch (try the brunch board), Lona Cucina for dinner and Tinta for breakfast. Both at Westin. We also got Primanti brothers late when we arrived at midnight our first night. They are open 24 hours and doordash delivered!

Etc - Parking was $46 a night, so didn't bother renting car. We flew into PBI and Uber was $70 which wasn't bad for one hour drive. Rented a car last day since we had late flight out the next day. Avis is next door at the W. Use the one way code found on flyertalk. It was $30 a day. He also told me that he usually allows one free day of parking at the W if you rent from him so good to know for next time. Budget on site at Hilton, Sixt at Westin. In case anyone plans to drive and drop off car at hotel.

Overall great stay. Ft Lauderdale beach is interesting. First part of the beach all high end properties with high end restaurants to go with it. We took walk to the other end of the beach just to check it out and it got a little louder and definitely more adult like as we walked down.

It was perfect vacation for us however I find Clearwater Beach and maybe even Miami Beach near Hilton Bentley just as good with more to do. I think 3 day at FLL beach was great, but I couldn't stay there for 5-7 day vacation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.