FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Hilton Boston/Dedham {US-MA} (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/588055-hilton-boston-dedham-us-ma.html)

Motion122 Apr 16, 2005 8:55 pm

Any updated stay experiences at this property?

MacDaddie Apr 18, 2005 2:17 am

Originally Posted by Motion122
Any updated stay experiences at this property?

----------

I was there somewhat recently...if your travelling for business its a solid hotel.

Easy to find
Excellent gym for a hotel
Free Breakfast
Free Wi-Fi
Free Parking

Room I had was good and thats about it.

AlanB Apr 18, 2005 6:47 am

Was there last weekend and will echo the comments above, along with the following.

No Exec floor, but free buffet breakfast offered to Golds/Diamonds.

No upgrade to suite as gold, but then not expected either.

Avoid rooms that overlook the lobby area, as noise levels can get high if there is a party in one of the ball rooms.

Free shuttle to Amtrak Route 128 station, shuttle or short walk (3 blocks) to the MBTA Dedham Corporate Park station for commuter train into Boston proper.

Decent restaurant.

mikey1003 Apr 18, 2005 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by dale246
I was there about 2 months ago for 3 days. The property is kind of old and has an odd lay out. The rooms were somewhat substandard in my opinion, but the gym was above average in terms of the equipment.

Same opinion. I had to lug rollerboard past dining room and banquet rooms to get an "old" suite.

Hotel needs renovation.

hollyweasel Apr 21, 2005 8:36 am

Hilton Boston/Dedham - Anyone been?

Good morning!

Just wondering if anyone has stayed at the Hilton Boston/Dedham (3 Miles from Hyde Park). If so, do they do gold upgrades?

Please advise if you get a moment! :)

Thank you!
Holly

Canarsie Apr 21, 2005 8:41 am

Please see the following thread for further information, hollyweasel:

Any comments on the Dedham, MA Hilton?

hollyweasel Apr 21, 2005 11:22 am

Originally Posted by Canarsie
Please see the following thread for further information, hollyweasel:

Any comments on the Dedham, MA Hilton?

Thank you!

Motion122 Apr 22, 2005 1:24 am

[QUOTE=MacDaddie]----------

Free Wi-Fi
QUOTE]

Someone else posted above that the Wi-Fi isn't free? Can anyone verify?

AlanB Apr 22, 2005 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by Motion122
Someone else posted above that the Wi-Fi isn't free? Can anyone verify?

The Wi-Fi is not free. It costs $9.95 for a 24 hour period as shown on my bill.

emw9000 Jul 12, 2006 10:09 pm

I am at the Hilton Dedham right now, so I'll update the thread with my experience.

Pros:
  • Room was clean and well appointed
  • Nice workout facilities

Cons:
  • The walls are paper thin. I have been kept up past midnight the past 2 nights in a row by loud guests on either side of me. Multiple calls to the front desk did little to quiet them down.
  • Service in the restaurant during breakfast is very slow.
  • Front desk staff is unhelpful. They lost 2 faxes of mine in 2 hours, and didn't even bother to apologize.
  • They still charge $9.95/night for internet access.
  • No upgrade for this Diamond VIP.

I could have stayed at the HI in Braintree and gotten better service than this (although the rooms here are physically nicer.) I'm not likely to stay here again.

mikey1003 Jul 12, 2006 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by wsbombers

While the hotel was not horrible, it certainly wasn't what I would expect from a Hilton. I think the lack of competition in the area has led to a decline in service. We had to be in Dedham. Boston is just far enough away to make it inconvenient for that. If I can avoid it, I will not stay at this property again, though.

This pretty much sums up this property. Not the best..not the worst.

The only reason I stay here because my business is in Dedham....There really is nothing else around except a horrible Holiday Inn.

DoubleJ Jul 13, 2006 12:11 am

Originally Posted by mikey1003
This pretty much sums up this property. Not the best..not the worst.

Wish I had found this thread earlier (before confirming my upcoming reservations at this property). Still, for the rate reserved, can't really complain. Will report after my stay.

MarkXS Jul 14, 2006 1:11 am

Stayed there 4/28. Got an upgrade to a suite with a nice terrace deck looking over the wetlands and jogging trail behind the hotel. You could almost ignore how close Rt 128 was.

Echoing a prior poster's comment about an unusually good gym for a hotel. Almost a real health club, albeit a small one.

WiFi is not free, it's a T-Mobile roaming partner location if I recall. However since I arrived early and needed to use the wifi before checking in to attend a meeting, the manager on duty said just to buy the day pass for the current day, and then he'd take the day of the stay's wifi off my bill. Since I already have a T-Mobile account my day pass on their roaming partner was 1/2 the price that the manager took off my bill, so I came out ahead on the deal.

If you need to be in the western suburbs of Boston, along the Rt 128 corridor (ok, now it's called I-95 but we all know it as 128), it's not a bad choice at all. I wouldn't stay there for working in downtown Boston unless none of the other more convenient and reasonably priced Hilton Family properties were available. But supposedly they do shuttle you to the T commuter rail station if you need to get downtown.

AlanB Jul 14, 2006 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by MarkXS
But supposedly they do shuttle you to the T commuter rail station if you need to get downtown.

They will indeed shuttle you over to the RTE 128 Amtrak/T commuter station. Additionally, the hotel is basically within walking distance of yet another T station Dedham Corp Center, on the Franklin line. If you don't want to walk, they'll also shuttle you over to that station.

MarkXS Jul 17, 2006 10:08 pm

Thanks for the shuttle info. I may end up staying there on an upcoming BOS trip then if I can't get a cheap rate at something downtown. My client is near South Station so the Franklin line probably works ok for me.