Hilton London Tower Bridge {GBR}

Old Mar 1, 20, 1:50 pm
  #541  
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: norwich, uk
Programs: hhonors diamond
Posts: 4,334
Originally Posted by Winniesbestfriend View Post
I never got a PM from you, can you re-send it please?
Really?...oh okay., will do.

Update - have sent it, let me know you received it Winnie.

Last edited by wizla; Mar 1, 20 at 2:21 pm Reason: Update
wizla is online now  
Old Mar 1, 20, 1:55 pm
  #542  
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: UK - BHD
Programs: BMI Diamond Club refugee: BA-Br; HH-D
Posts: 899
Originally Posted by wizla View Post
I actually didnít ask as the frittata on the buffet looked good ( and tasted good too ) but Iím pretty sure they will knock you up an omelette as there were many chefís working behind the buffet flying around, I also think I saw a guy eating one whilst walking back to my table.
Overall it was great, Iím sure you wonít be disappointed and it definitely is very much like Bankside......try the granola!, dollop of Greek yogurt and a drizzle of honey.
Originally Posted by Dax1956 View Post
I just completed a stay there, and there was not an egg station. I always order an omelette if available. I asked the cook and she said no, then pointed me to the fried eggs already cooked. Nice restaurant, plenty of choices, good service, but no omelettes.
Thanks Both ... sounds like a good breakfast anyway!

I must say, the option to order a la carte items is a big plus in the doubletree (@ Tower)... the Eggs Benedict there is a nice change from the usual buffet stuff.
diamond club freeloader is offline  
Old Mar 1, 20, 2:27 pm
  #543  
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: norwich, uk
Programs: hhonors diamond
Posts: 4,334
Originally Posted by diamond club freeloader View Post
Thanks Both ... sounds like a good breakfast anyway!

I must say, the option to order a la carte items is a big plus in the doubletree (@ Tower)... the Eggs Benedict there is a nice change from the usual buffet stuff.
To be honest, Iím the same..... when there is an egg chef I usually have an omelette too, however I certainly was not disappointed with the hot offerings here , there was definitely fried eggs, scrambled and frittata on the buffet.
The other items were very tasty ( especially the flat mushrooms) .....nothing tasted cheap like some Hiltonís.
I usually just have scrambled egg on toast if no egg chef but tried all the hot items for research purposes ( honest! Haha ).
MoodyB likes this.
wizla is online now  
Old Mar 1, 20, 2:51 pm
  #544  
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Posts: 5,501
Originally Posted by wizla View Post
To be honest, Iím the same..... when there is an egg chef I usually have an omelette too, however I certainly was not disappointed with the hot offerings here , there was definitely fried eggs, scrambled and frittata on the buffet.
The other items were very tasty ( especially the flat mushrooms) .....nothing tasted cheap like some Hiltonís.
I usually just have scrambled egg on toast if no egg chef but tried all the hot items for research purposes ( honest! Haha ).
In addition to the granola?

In my case, I think I would save some room for the Borough Market for lunch. Sauteed duck breast sandwich, and/or raclette with new potatoes, hello!
MoodyB likes this.
teemuflyer is offline  
Old Mar 1, 20, 3:09 pm
  #545  
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Tampa
Programs: Hilton Gold
Posts: 143
The only two negatives with this hotel compared to backside are no omelettes, and no real afternoon tea. Everything else was on par. Location in my opinion is better here too.
MoodyB likes this.
Dax1956 is offline  
Old Mar 1, 20, 10:12 pm
  #546  
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: norwich, uk
Programs: hhonors diamond
Posts: 4,334
Originally Posted by Dax1956 View Post
The only two negatives with this hotel compared to backside are no omelettes, and no real afternoon tea. Everything else was on par. Location in my opinion is better here too.
Completely agree.........and backside can be an arse to get to 🤭
NoY and MoodyB like this.
wizla is online now  
Old Mar 2, 20, 1:26 am
  #547  
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: norwich, uk
Programs: hhonors diamond
Posts: 4,334
Originally Posted by teemuflyer View Post
In addition to the granola?

In my case, I think I would save some room for the Borough Market for lunch. Sauteed duck breast sandwich, and/or raclette with new potatoes, hello!
Wow....sounds good, yeah I had to drive home after breakfast so wouldnít have happened but yes I skipped lunch after eating quite a lot for breakfast.
wizla is online now  
Old Aug 14, 20, 4:14 am
  #548  
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: FAT, LHR
Posts: 6,657
Anyone have a revert stay, say July or Aug? Only 7 quid more for this property vs DT. Last report for DT is reporting a bag w a few items for breakfast Never stayed at either but need a stay soon
chanp is offline  
Old Aug 14, 20, 4:39 pm
  #549  
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: London
Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, Shangri La Jade
Posts: 254
I know that the restaurant and bar is open, but I haven't stayed there recently so can't comment on the breakfast
sarahluv is offline  
Old Aug 19, 20, 6:22 am
  #550  
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: FAT, LHR
Posts: 6,657
Originally Posted by sarahluv View Post
I know that the restaurant and bar is open, but I haven't stayed there recently so can't comment on the breakfast
Thanks, I think the rooftop bar at the DT nearby is open as well. Rates are pretty low, may check out soon.
chanp is offline  
Old Jun 3, 21, 12:57 pm
  #551  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Programs: HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire, Bonvoy Gold. Hold AA, UA, BA, LH, SQ, VX, AF, AMEX, Citi, Chase balances
Posts: 1,872
Is an exec room here the same as a base room, just a higher floor? It looks like they may be zeroing out exec rooms, possibly due to lounge closure?
saaveraward is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: