Hilton London Tower Bridge {GBR}

Old Apr 18, 2016, 6:30 am

Executive Floor rooms are being / have been refurbished and the lounge is exactly where it always was. I was told they moved it temporarily during the Executive room refresh.

We stayed on the 12th floor on Saturday. A bit of a mixed experience as there was a fair few snagging faults with the room, and the Exec Lounge had a few large groups in, one of which was made up of somebody staying at the Hilton plus his mates from other hotels who he was letting in.

When I mentioned the room snags on check out the recovery was good. A manager was called (without my prompting) took the details and offered some compensation. I also mentioned the Exec Lounge issue but he could only express the opinion that "this tends to happen at the weekend..."

Jamie's was one of the better breakfasts we've had in a Hilton.
Old Jul 10, 2016, 4:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, HH Diamond, AA EXP, VS Gold, BAEC Silver, Global Entry, UK RT
Any recent stays since the refurbishment? Any improvements to the executive lounge at all? This has always been one of my London faves. Have two stays booked for September.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 9:26 am

Programs: BAEC Silver Hilton Diamond
Does anyone know the EL hours here for booze and nibbles? I am flying in around half 7 in a couple of weeks and fancy trying here but may go Canary Wharf to guarantee a cheeky tipple!
Old Jul 25, 2016, 2:04 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by seacow
Does anyone know the EL hours here for booze and nibbles? I am flying in around half 7 in a couple of weeks and fancy trying here but may go Canary Wharf to guarantee a cheeky tipple!
Not too sure about tower bridge, however don't forget CW lounge great happy-hour times ( until 10-30 ) are only Sunday to Thursday........stay fri or sat and the shut off time is 9pm......just a thought in case you wasn't aware.
Old Sep 10, 2016, 9:12 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, HH Diamond, AA EXP, VS Gold, BAEC Silver, Global Entry, UK RT
Enjoying a lovely weekend here. Upgraded to King Executive room. Staff very good as always. Executive lounge is excellent, except there is really no afternoon tea still. Same chips and peanuts in canisters at tea time but there is cake out too. Breakfast is very nice at Jamie's and the evening offerings in the EL continue to be excellent. Back in a week!
Old Sep 24, 2016, 11:30 am

Ended the week at the Conrad on a high note. Back at Tower Bridge for the weekend. Upgraded to an Executive King and received a lovely welcome back and some extra treats in the room. Executive lounge is buzzing tonight. Very nice offerings in lounge. Had breakfast at Jamie's this morning and it was delicious as always, though I prefer the granola at the Conrad.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 5:45 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold
Hi fabulousflygirl, just wondering how the Tower Bridge lounge compares to the Conrad?

Do you know if they serve Prosecco at the Tower Bridge EL?
Old Oct 3, 2016, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by AndyRobin
Hi fabulousflygirl, just wondering how the Tower Bridge lounge compares to the Conrad?

Do you know if they serve Prosecco at the Tower Bridge EL?
Staying at both regularly, I would say Tower Bridge has the best evening service in terms of food offered. They serve more variety. They serve Cava in addition to red/white wines, beers, and spirits. Tower Bridge has a nice chill out, relaxing vibe going on and the terrace can't be beat with the views. My boyfriend and I enjoyed pre-dinner drinks on the terrace 2 weeks ago and it was lovely.

Unfortunately, Tower Bridge no longer serves the afternoon tea they once did, however Conrad wins in that area. Both serve adequate continental breakfast but I always chose to eat in the restaurants. Conrad's evening service is very adequate with their food offerings and they serve Prosecco, red/white/rose (that wins for me since I am a wine geek lol) wines, beers, and spirits. Both lounges have good staff and good service, but Conrad goes above and beyond with staff re-filling drinks at table, bringing extra items, etc.

It's a toss up. I would say both lounges are great in my opinion. My boyfriend and I go back and fourth a lot. Overall, he prefers the Tower Bridge lounge and I prefer the Conrad lounge.
Old Oct 5, 2016, 1:19 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold
Thanks so much fabulousflygirl for the detailed response, just what I was after!

I agree with you on the Conrad, the food was average in the evening but the service was excellent and they kept our drinks topped up all evening.

I think we'll give the TB a try as we have done the Conrad, it's just a shame they don't have an afternoon tea service.

Thanks again for your help!
Old Oct 6, 2016, 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by AndyRobin
Thanks so much fabulousflygirl for the detailed response, just what I was after!

I agree with you on the Conrad, the food was average in the evening but the service was excellent and they kept our drinks topped up all evening.

I think we'll give the TB a try as we have done the Conrad, it's just a shame they don't have an afternoon tea service.

Thanks again for your help!
I think what they lack with the afternoon tea, they make up for with in the evening. I mean they serve snacks in the afternoon (mostly cakes and snacks in canisters) but the evening offerings are wonderful. Do take advantage of the terrace if you can. The views are stunning. Come back and let us know your thoughts.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 8:10 am

I am new Hilton (diamon through status match) and wanted to know if a suite would be a good option for a family of 4 wife and 6 & 9 Year old. We are on our first trip and will be hitting the touristy spots. We will be taking the tube primarily. We fly into Heathrow and out of Gatwick.

Are there tube repairs or train repairs being done around this area during xmas? I heard Kensington area was going to have issues.

Any other recommendations for a family of 4. Rooms for 4 bigger than a double/double are hard to find!
Old Nov 25, 2016, 10:55 am

any help?
Old Dec 7, 2016, 3:46 pm

Hi all,

I couldn't work out what had happened to the Executive Lounge this year after various refurbishments.

Does the lounge still include the terrace? Or is that now part of the Sky Lounge only?

If it is in the same location on the 9th floor then I assume the view is still the same
Old Dec 7, 2016, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by Simon Schus
Hi all,

I couldn't work out what had happened to the Executive Lounge this year after various refurbishments.

Does the lounge still include the terrace? Or is that now part of the Sky Lounge only?

If it is in the same location on the 9th floor then I assume the view is still the same
As of 2 months ago, it is still on the 9th floor and includes the terrace with the same view.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by fabulousflygirl
As of 2 months ago, it is still on the 9th floor and includes the terrace with the same view.
Ah, excellent news Given the discussion earlier in the thread, I wasn't sure if the property had replaced the lounge or had reduced the space somewhat.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.