Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Osaka {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2019, 4:23 am

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Hilton service

Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
I was on a paid stay, but at only 17955 Yen ($145 USD), I thought it was a cheap stay for a Hilton in Japan. Plus the double summer bonus, plus the upgrade etc etc.

If you have not traveled internationaly before as a HHonors Gold or above, it is a true pleasure. I have only been gold for the past five years, but all my stays in Europe, I have been upgraded, free breakfast, executive floor, great service etc. etc. all w/out asking. They see gold and respond. Too bad the US Hiltons are not like that.
everytime I read something like this it makes me dread staying in the USA
I have pretty well only stayed in Hilton in Asia and Australasia and the service is pretty good
Old Mar 20, 2019, 1:34 am

Programs: ex-UA 1K, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by RedElmo
Is there a “onsen” here? The communal bath?
The men's locker room has a whirlpool.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 1:35 am

Programs: ex-UA 1K, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by RedElmo
Does Hilton Osaka Give access to all Gold members to the Executive Lounge? Or is it specific to the floor / room type you booked?
As per the T&C, Gold members only have access to Executive Lounge if they're upgraded to an Executive Room. When I was a gold, I was not able to get upgraded during Sakura season so no lounge access.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 12:26 pm

Programs: Southwest, Hilton
Dining near Osaka Hilton

Are there any interesting places to eat around the Osaka Hilton. We will be tourists by day but would like to walk to restaurants at night. No preference on price or cuisine.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 9:48 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Windows at this hotel can NOT be opened at all for fresh air.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 9:53 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Really enjoyed the lounge at the Osaka Hilton.
A lot of space with many tables and various food choices and good portion sizes.
Food was very tasty.

In comparison I stayed at the Hilton Odaiba in Tokyo Bay as well recently and their lounge was much smaller in size, tables were much closer together and more cramped and it had a lot less choices for evening food. Portions were quite smaller as well. Only thing that was better than Osaka was the view onto Tokyo Bay and the rainbow bridge and the fact you could eat outside on the terrace (weather permitting).
mphall and Beano like this.
Old May 9, 2019, 3:58 pm

Osaka Hilton shuttle from train station?

does anyone know if Hilton has one and where to pick it up at train station?
Old May 9, 2019, 4:34 pm

Programs: NH Dia/SFlyer, JL Crystal/JGC, MB Plat, WoHyatt Glob, IHG Dia Amb, HHonors Dia
I assume you mean JR Osaka station. There is the Granvia Hotel run by JR West just inside/above the station building, but beside of that the Hilton might be the hotel which is closest to the station building. So I would be heavily surprised if they would run a shuttle bus for a 2 to 3 minute walking distance.
Old May 10, 2019, 1:01 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
The entire complex is quite large, there are at least 5 stations in the area which are all connected underground. Depending on where you are and where you arrived from, it might be a longer walk to any potential shuttle than walking to the hotel. You need to look for Nishi-Umeda station on the Yotsubashi line (metro). If possible, plan a route which ends by taking the metro there. From there it is pretty easy to find the Hilton entrance.
Old May 10, 2019, 1:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
The Hilton is across the street from JR Osaka station.

I don't mean to be rude, but spending 5 seconds on Google Maps would show you where the hotel is... At that point you could ask specific questions about which exit to take from the train station... Or if you don't even know which train station you'll be arriving at (could easily be Shin-Osaka) you could ask for help about Osaka public transport.
Old May 10, 2019, 3:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
There are a number of descriptions(some very detailed) of the route from the station to the Hilton in the Hilton Osaka thread:
Hilton Osaka {JPN}
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old May 13, 2019, 2:01 am

Saying hotel is across from train station is a bit misleading. Osaka station is but we arrived on bullet train from Tokyo at Shin Osaka. Lugging bags to yet another station which is only one stop away might be easy fir someone younger. We took taxi for $30. Google maps doesn’t do it all. Seems like hundreds of meters of tunnels and thousands more of hurrying Japanese isn’t for the faint hearted. If all you have is a chance of clothes and s briefcase then no big deal. One out of 100 passengers might be a tourist.
Beano likes this.
Old May 13, 2019, 11:51 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by mphall
Saying hotel is across from train station is a bit misleading. Osaka station is but we arrived on bullet train from Tokyo at Shin Osaka. Lugging bags to yet another station which is only one stop away might be easy fir someone younger. We took taxi for $30. Google maps doesn’t do it all. Seems like hundreds of meters of tunnels and thousands more of hurrying Japanese isn’t for the faint hearted. If all you have is a chance of clothes and s briefcase then no big deal. One out of 100 passengers might be a tourist.
Nobody misled you. Your question was misleading. Nobody would walk from Shin-Osaka to JR Osaka with bags. You would take the metro to Umeda then walk through the tunnels. But if you don't want to experience commuting in a big Japanese city then taxi is the right choice.
Old May 13, 2019, 12:04 pm

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by :D!
Nobody misled you. Your question was misleading. Nobody would walk from Shin-Osaka to JR Osaka with bags. You would take the metro to Umeda then walk through the tunnels. But if you don't want to experience commuting in a big Japanese city then taxi is the right choice.
I was misled too in March. It was a hike! And hard to find the right path from the JR station
Old May 13, 2019, 12:12 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Originally Posted by mphall
It is across from Osaka Station .... that Shin Osaka is a different station was never in doubt (same goes for Yokohama / Shin Yokohama) .... why do you lug bags that is what luggage forwarding is good for

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.