Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Osaka {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2017, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by BenSenise
ah, that explains why weekend rates are higher. i was wondering about that especially since it's the opposite of what you normally find elsewhere in the world.

i also mean to edit my post to include our stay date which would be the second half of september.

thanks
If you prefer a hotel near Namba station, Swisotel Nankiai Osakal is the most convenient. While Hilton is located in the best place around Osaka station, Swissotel is around Namba. The room rate and the hotel class are almost the same, though you can't enjoy the benefit of hhonors.

http://m.swissotel.com/hotels/nankai-osaka/
Old Jun 25, 2017, 10:22 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by tvisitor
If you prefer a hotel near Namba station, Swisotel Nankiai Osakal is the most convenient. While Hilton is located in the best place around Osaka station, Swissotel is around Namba. The room rate and the hotel class are almost the same, though you can't enjoy the benefit of hhonors.

http://m.swissotel.com/hotels/nankai-osaka/
thanks. the rates there for our dates come out to quite a bit more for a king, or even queen bed with two people since i can use the "second guest free" benefit of hilton honors. if you add breakfast, it is even more. i would do the Swissotel if it were at a comparable rate because of its proximity to the namba stations.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 9:39 pm

Hilton Osaka - May 2017

Background:

I booked a two night stay for three people here. I was status matched to Hilton Diamond. I chose the Hilton Osaka for its excellent location at Shin-Osaka station and it really was very useful because of that.

Check-in:

I checked in at the lobby. My Diamond status was noted and I was told I was upgraded to some kind of room which was not a Suite. I commented that given we were three people it would be nice to get a better upgrade and more space. After a minute, she said that she had upgraded us to a King Tower Suite which I thanked her for.

King Tower Suite:

Club Lounge:

Unfortunately I haven't stored the pictures. There is afternoon tea in the lounge with some sandwiches and desserts (no scones).

The Happy Hour is disappointing with about 2 or 3 hot dishes served in small ramekins. The desserts are the same as at afternoon tea. Very uninspiring and not worth staying long for.

Breakfast:

Because the Club Lounge food was do disappointing, we went to the main restaurant for breakfast. This was not charged.

Gym:

No photos of the gym but it is very small and hot.

Conclusion:

The suite upgrade was very much appreciated and the breakfast was decent enough. The staff in the Club Lounge were friendly enough but not 5* service friendly. The location is extremely convenient and it seems like a competently run hotel.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 11:29 am

I need 2 beds for 2 adults.
I also prefer early check in 12 noon.

hilton osaka 52000 yen , one bed
cy osaka $30000 yen , they can not guarantee 2 beds

a) anyone have experience with early check request at hilton?

b) which is better has better room hilton osaka or cy?

c) any idea the fee for extra bed at hilton?

d) any idea on upgrades for gold at hilton?

Thank you all.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 6:35 pm

Deleted

Last edited by tvisitor; Sep 18, 2017 at 5:01 am
Old Nov 16, 2017, 8:49 am

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
Originally Posted by Singapore_Air
Background:

I booked a two night stay for three people here. I was status matched to Hilton Diamond. I chose the Hilton Osaka for its excellent location at Shin-Osaka station and it really was very useful because of that.

Check-in:

I checked in at the lobby. My Diamond status was noted and I was told I was upgraded to some kind of room which was not a Suite. I commented that given we were three people it would be nice to get a better upgrade and more space. After a minute, she said that she had upgraded us to a King Tower Suite which I thanked her for.

King Tower Suite:

Club Lounge:

Unfortunately I haven't stored the pictures. There is afternoon tea in the lounge with some sandwiches and desserts (no scones).

The Happy Hour is disappointing with about 2 or 3 hot dishes served in small ramekins. The desserts are the same as at afternoon tea. Very uninspiring and not worth staying long for.

Breakfast:

Because the Club Lounge food was do disappointing, we went to the main restaurant for breakfast. This was not charged.

Gym:

No photos of the gym but it is very small and hot.

Conclusion:

The suite upgrade was very much appreciated and the breakfast was decent enough. The staff in the Club Lounge were friendly enough but not 5* service friendly. The location is extremely convenient and it seems like a competently run hotel.
Congrats! I have never been successful at getting free upgrades to a suite!
Old Nov 20, 2017, 9:39 pm

REMOVED

Got new and different info from hotel.

Last edited by saaveraward; Nov 22, 2017 at 12:23 pm
Old Mar 3, 2018, 7:22 pm

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Looks like several restaurants, including where they do breakfast is closed for much of 2018.

From their website:
As from 1st January 2018, Dynasty & Genji will be closed for renovation work,
and from 26th march 2018, Checkers will be closed for renovation work.
The new dining floor will open August 2018.

Any idea where breakfast is served now?
Old Mar 14, 2018, 7:54 am

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Originally Posted by bkafrick
Looks like several restaurants, including where they do breakfast is closed for much of 2018.

From their website:
As from 1st January 2018, Dynasty & Genji will be closed for renovation work,
and from 26th march 2018, Checkers will be closed for renovation work.
The new dining floor will open August 2018.

Any idea where breakfast is served now?
In case anyone is still wondering, they are serving breakfast buffet on the 35F in Windows on the World between 6:30am-11am.
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 6:05 am

Having been upgraded to a suite as a Diamond member at Hilton and Conrad Tokyo, I wonder how well this hotel treats Diamond members provided suites are available?
Old Apr 16, 2018, 6:27 am

Programs: LH lifetime Sen; HH lifetime diamond; flying blue silver
Originally Posted by broadwayboy
Having been upgraded to a suite as a Diamond member at Hilton and Conrad Tokyo, I wonder how well this hotel treats Diamond members provided suites are available?
My experience is a few years old, but suite upgrades last year at Hilton Tokyo were great, but Hilton Osaka has only ever upgraded me to an executive room, and I had to ask for that.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 12:31 am

Programs: ex-UA 1K, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bkafrick
In case anyone is still wondering, they are serving breakfast buffet on the 35F in Windows on the World between 6:30am-11am.
It's nothing special though. The decor and color scheme is a flashback to the 80s. The layout isn't conducive for a breakfast buffet which makes things quite hectic. Also, the windows have some uv film coating that is starting to bubble which reduces the viewing experience.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 10:14 am

Programs: united, Hilton, Amtrak
Is the restaurant situation enough to justify booking some place else?

i usually eat around 7 am. I’m assuming eating early will mitigate some of the confusion l.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 11:11 am

Programs: ex-UA 1K, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by steve4031
i usually eat around 7 am. I’m assuming eating early will mitigate some of the confusion l.
i should mention that there's also a restaurant downstairs called My Place that servers breakfast as well. They were closed by the time I got there last time so I don't know what they actually have.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 2:31 pm
duo

Originally Posted by BenSenise
I made a reservation at the Hilton Tokyo during the recent flash sale and thought the rate was okay.
I didn't have our itinerary for travelling south a bit so i didn't reserve in Osaka. the current price i'm seeing there is JPY23,324 per night for four nights pre-paid hilton honors discount. with tax and service charge it comes out to JPN114,658 for the four nights or JPN28,664/night. That's for one person and i'll use the Gold benefit of second person staying free.
So my question is, does this seem average or above or below? should i wait or nab it now? i have currently booked a flex rate which is higher as a hedge. I would be very grateful for any suggestions from anyone with experience at this hotel or hotels in japan in general.
i've looked at other hotels in osaka and found them to be not as good for just a few yen less. i'd like to be near the Namba stations or in the case of this hilton, an easy subway ride to that area.
I've stayed at this hotel many many times and they've never agreed to amend my booking so that I pay just for one person citing that it's only applicable for full rates - which no one pays. Do you just select one person when booking then add a guest?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.