Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Osaka {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2013, 10:28 pm

Hilton Osaka internet

Has anyone syed there recently and could confirm that they only have wired internet? I find it hard to believe that a high tech country like japan only provide wired internet. Any idea how i would get internet to my ipad with the wired connection? Their website states wired in room only.
Old Mar 16, 2013, 10:42 pm

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Originally Posted by hqly2001
Has anyone syed there recently and could confirm that they only have wired internet? I find it hard to believe that a high tech country like japan only provide wired internet. Any idea how i would get internet to my ipad with the wired connection? Their website states wired in room only.
Buy an Apple AirPort (or similar). Create your own wi-fi spot within your room; about $80? You can bring the device with you every time you travel; wired is usually better than most hotel wi-fi anyway.
Old Mar 16, 2013, 11:19 pm

Originally Posted by fozziedoggie
Buy an Apple AirPort (or similar). Create your own wi-fi spot within your room; about $80? You can bring the device with you every time you travel; wired is usually better than most hotel wi-fi anyway.
Thx, i'll look into it!

Ive heard that theres like a portable wifi device for rent. Can i turn the airport into a portable wifi?
Old Mar 17, 2013, 8:27 am

I was there about 2 months ago and I can't remember the Internet situation. I only had my phone and iPad with me. I'm trying to remember if I got online there.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 8:55 am

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Thx, i'll look into it!

Ive heard that theres like a portable wifi device for rent. Can i turn the airport into a portable wifi?
That's what the AirPort is. You connect it to the hard wired ethernet port (usually on the desk), then you sync up your wi-fi devices; very strong signal.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 9:48 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Thx, i'll look into it!

There is a lengthy thread regarding smallest routers for hotel use:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...tel-rooms.html
Old Mar 18, 2013, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
It has been 7 years since I was there, at that time there was no wireless in the rooms, if their website says only wired I would think that was correct. There was wireless in the Executive Lounge.
Old Mar 23, 2013, 6:39 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club refugee: BA-Br; HH-D
Liked this hotel!

Just finishing a 2 night stay here. Overall, very good!

As a humble (well, ~ish) Gold was upgraded to exec room, which is nice.
Nice lounge breakfast, didn't bother with the offer of the alternative of Checkers restaurant!

Sadly didn't manage to get to the lounge for canapes, as arrived late on day 1; on day 2 there were no free tables. But interestingly, we were offered to re-locate to the lobby lounge for complimentary drinks and some pleasant savoury/sweet snacks, which was fine.

My only gripe is the internet. In the public areas it is unusable. In the bedroom, it is fine... until it drops off - which it does about once every 10 minutes!
Old May 20, 2013, 6:01 am

Programs: IC Plat Ambassador, GHA Platinum, HH Gold, A Club Plat, FB, Millemiglia, LH MM
Any gold stayed here on cash&points? Do they give upg on executive with lounge access ?
Old May 29, 2013, 3:42 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
We spent two nights here last week and were very satisfied.

Diamond status ensured a high ("Executive") floor and access to the pleasant lounge, which had a decent buffet breakfast and reasonable snack and drink offerings in the evenings. Easy pedestrian access (underground/covered) from Osaka station. We'd happily return.
Old Jul 21, 2013, 4:14 am

Programs: OW Sapp, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold
anyone? i have the same question too. im planning to stay with C+P in early aug.

Originally Posted by alewal
Any gold stayed here on cash&points? Do they give upg on executive with lounge access ?
Old Jul 21, 2013, 4:33 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club refugee: BA-Br; HH-D
Originally Posted by andy1022
anyone? i have the same question too. im planning to stay with C+P in early aug.
I was Gold when I stayed on C&P and got the exec level upgrade. My n=1 experience might not tell you very much about your chances, though.
Old Jul 21, 2013, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by gvaughn
Your situation sounds very similar to mine. We are a family of four with twins aged 5.5 yrs. I booked 1 King bed for us all to sleep in, since I think that will be more comfortable than 2 smaller twin beds.

You should contact the hotel directly to let them know and inquire about bed size. The e-mail address I used when I contacted them was:

[email protected]

The person who replied to my inquiry was:

Noritsusgu OHBA I Reservations - Revenue
HILTON OSAKA
TEL: +81 (0)6 6347 7571 I FAX: +81 (0)6 6347 7833
8-8 Umeda 1 chome I Osaka-shi, Osaka 530-0001 I Japan
hilton.com I osaka.hilton.com I hiltonosaka.com I twitter.com/hiltonosakaconc

and he/she was very helpful.
Thanks for your suggestions gvaughn! I've made arrangements with the hotel directly. What was your experience staying there with your children? We are getting twins and an extra bed. My kids are twins as well, 8.5 years old
Old Jul 22, 2013, 1:28 am

Originally Posted by ssung
Thanks for your suggestions gvaughn! I've made arrangements with the hotel directly. What was your experience staying there with your children? We are getting twins and an extra bed. My kids are twins as well, 8.5 years old
Our room was fine. No issues with the 4 of us in a room. Hotel staff was great.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 11:43 am

Can anyone explain to me what on earth the difference is between a "deluxe" and "hilton" room at this property? The only written difference seems to be presence of a flat-screen TV in the deluxe room. I've gone with the hilton king, but my only concern would be that if going with the deluxe would have given me a better chance, as a gold, of being upgraded to an exec room. Thoughts? Should I have done that to increase my odds of lounge access? Seemed somewhat pointless since the room was like an extra $50 USD a night for no discernable difference.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.