FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by herorist
Add Content
Please do!
Old Oct 17, 2012, 10:55 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Hello,

Visiting Osaka for the first time... Is the best way for one with luggage still to take the train to shin osaka from KIX and than take a cab from there to the Hilton? Any chance this lowly gold will get upgraded to executive floor?

Thanks!
Old Oct 18, 2012, 7:17 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by SKYEG
Hello,

Visiting Osaka for the first time... Is the best way for one with luggage still to take the train to shin osaka from KIX and than take a cab from there to the Hilton? Any chance this lowly gold will get upgraded to executive floor?

Thanks!
Hi,

the hotel is just across from the train station.

Do not know about possible upgrades as HHG.

Good luck!
Old Oct 18, 2012, 2:24 pm

Programs: HHD
Last year we stayed at the Osaka Hilton and were upgraded for two rooms as Diamond. This year we stayed at Nagoya and Hilton Tokyo and I must say I liked those hotels a bit better: larger lounge with nicer food.
Nonetheless I would gladly return to the Osaka Hilton on my next trip: friendly staff, nice views and the lounge is better tnan most European hotels.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 10:26 am

Programs: Delta (SkyTeam) Plat, Hyatt GP Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by more4less
Hi,

the hotel is just across from the train station.

Do not know about possible upgrades as HHG.

Good luck!
To clarify, the hotel is across the street from the Osaka train station, not the shin-Osaka train station. Shin-Osaka is one stop away from Osaka on the local train.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 11:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
As with all hotels and stays, YMMV. Diamond there recently got nada.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 12:18 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
I have a couple of questions. I remember an offer when I booked the hotel about paying for a breakfast buffet but can't seem to find any info on it now. How much would the buffet cost? I can also upgrade to an executive room for 4200 jpy per night. Would that be worth it for the lounge and buffet in the morning or am I better off just paying for it at the restaurant? From what I read there are buffets at the lounge and the restaurant but the one at the restaurant is expensive. Although I'm yet to find an actual price. Also there is free beer and wine as well? What type of beer do they serve?
Old Feb 20, 2013, 10:06 am

twin bed diminsions

We're a family of 2 adults and 2 small children interested in staying at the Osaka Hilton. The Osaka Hilton has a family policy where kids can stay on existing bedding. I'm curious if these twin beds are more like double or full size bed in the U.S. standard. I apologize if this question has already been asked. I may be missed it when scanning or searching through this thread. Thanks.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 6:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ssung
We're a family of 2 adults and 2 small children interested in staying at the Osaka Hilton. The Osaka Hilton has a family policy where kids can stay on existing bedding. I'm curious if these twin beds are more like double or full size bed in the U.S. standard. I apologize if this question has already been asked. I may be missed it when scanning or searching through this thread. Thanks.
Always assume on the small side when dealing with Japan.

If they're pre-school children, you may be alright. Any older, and it will be a tight fit.
Old Mar 3, 2013, 5:53 pm

Osaka

Checked in last night for six days, gold member. Upgraded to the Executive Floor, 34th floor. Happy to receive it.

Visited the lounge last night for happy hour. As previous posts indicate, a little small; depending on the night, you may not find a seat. Half decent selection of bite size portions, self-serve liquor and beer (or they can bring it to you if you prefer)

At the breakfast buffet on the 2F now, Checkers. My second time in Japan. I'm still amazed by the variety of offerings for the free breakfast. Piggy time. Executive Floor guests can eat either in the lounge or on the 2F.

Easy trip here - took the JR Rapid train from KIX to Osaka Station. Left Osaka Station via the South Central exit, crossed the street and headed to the right. Hilton is in the Hilton West plaza on the left.

Train from KIX to Osaka station took about 80 minutes on a Sunday night. I thought I had read it is 65 minutes. Did I take the correct one? The fare was 1160 yen (or 1120, can't remember). Every extra minute after a long flight seems like triple.

Being new to the trains, it was a little confusing figuring out which JR train train to take. However, previous flyertalk posts mentioned the JR train to Shin-Osaka does not stop at Osaka Station, which by the process of elimination help me clue in which one to take. From the platform I was on, there were only two options.

Off to Kyoto for the day!
Old Mar 3, 2013, 7:07 pm

twin bed dimensions

Hi all, Like to share my research about the bed dimensions of the Osaka Hilton. the twin beds are 110 cm wide and 203 cm in length.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 4:11 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by jimmayz
Checked in last night for six days, gold member.
{snip}
Being new to the trains, it was a little confusing figuring out which JR train train to take. However, previous flyertalk posts mentioned the JR train to Shin-Osaka does not stop at Osaka Station, which by the process of elimination help me clue in which one to take.
Thanks for the mini-trip-report, jimmayz. (By the way, "shin" means "new," so "Shin-Osaka" is the new Osaka station, to distinguish it from the old.)
Old Mar 11, 2013, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by sfgiants13
I have a couple of questions. I remember an offer when I booked the hotel about paying for a breakfast buffet but can't seem to find any info on it now. How much would the buffet cost? I can also upgrade to an executive room for 4200 jpy per night. Would that be worth it for the lounge and buffet in the morning or am I better off just paying for it at the restaurant? From what I read there are buffets at the lounge and the restaurant but the one at the restaurant is expensive. Although I'm yet to find an actual price. Also there is free beer and wine as well? What type of beer do they serve?
Was at the Hilton Osaka last week. The buffet breakfast on the 2F, Checkers, is 3000 yen per person. Good mix of Western and Japanese foods.

Alcohol (beer, wine, liquor) is available in the executive lounge during specific late afternoon hours.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by ssung
Your situation sounds very similar to mine. We are a family of four with twins aged 5.5 yrs. I booked 1 King bed for us all to sleep in, since I think that will be more comfortable than 2 smaller twin beds.

You should contact the hotel directly to let them know and inquire about bed size. The e-mail address I used when I contacted them was:

[email protected]

The person who replied to my inquiry was:

Noritsusgu OHBA I Reservations - Revenue
HILTON OSAKA
TEL: +81 (0)6 6347 7571 I FAX: +81 (0)6 6347 7833
8-8 Umeda 1 chome I Osaka-shi, Osaka 530-0001 I Japan
hilton.com I osaka.hilton.com I hiltonosaka.com I twitter.com/hiltonosakaconc

and he/she was very helpful.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 1:58 pm

I've slept in Japanese twin beds many times and can say they would fit two small children but two adults may be cramped unless you are both small and sleep very close to each other. I'm 5'6" and had plenty of room and could have snuggled with another smaller person but a restless sleeper or someone larger than me would definitely be crowded. They are larger than a US twin but not at large as a US full/double.

As for beer in the Exec Lounge, typical Japanese beers. Suntory, Asahi, Sapporo and Kirin.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.