Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Osaka {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2006, 10:05 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Earlier in these posts someone indicated you get a 1000 yen voucher for a return visit use.

I found the staff in the Lounge lacking regarding tourist info.. My question was regarding the Haruka which I have never taken from Osaka. I was told I could take from Osaka Station and I could take from Shin Osaka. The answer is the later. From Osaka Station take track 8 back to Shin Osaka. There is a ticket office window within the JR area to get a Haruka ticket to KIX. I believe the train left from platform 11. Train leaves at 15 and 45 after the hour.
Old Jun 1, 2006, 12:51 am

Just got back from Osaka. For bars, the staff usually recommend Captain Kangaroo for foreigners, but I found that place to be tiny and overcrowded. A better place is Bar, Isn't It on Friday night because with cover (men 3000, women 1000) it's free drinks all night. The staff is very nice, they gave me a different email to contact the Exect Lounge directly. I'll have to look it up later.
Old Jun 1, 2006, 9:51 am

I also just got back from a long stay at the Osaka Hilton a few days ago. A 4 star hotel with a 5 star staff imo. Particularly the exec lounge staff's help with tourism related information was excellent and extensive. I was also impressed with the level of english spoken at this hotel (almost every employee really) compared to everywhere else in Japan. Its a misleading feeling actually.
Old Jun 2, 2006, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by Pointeater
I was also impressed with the level of english spoken at this hotel (almost every employee really) compared to everywhere else in Japan. Its a misleading feeling actually.
In addition, I think you'll find the level of English also high at the Tokyo Hilton and Conrad Tokyo as well. The only Hilton, of the 4 that I've stayed at in Japan, where the staff wasn't particularly good with English, was the Odawara Resort and Spa - and that was a few years ago less than a year after opening as a Hilton. Things may have changed there.
Old Jun 3, 2006, 6:28 am

Although I didn't get a chance to stay at the Conrad, maybe next Sumo season , I did also stay at the Tokyo Hilton. The level of English spoken there was also impressive and again threw a wrench in to my ability to practice Japanese.
Old Jun 7, 2006, 1:39 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
I posted a review of my stay here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...&postcount=527

In short, a good hotel with outstanding service.
Old Jun 20, 2006, 6:06 am
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
Hilton Osaka mini-review

Just returned from a 5 night (Expedia/Hilton mistake) stay. The hotel rooms/public areas are a solid 4*, but the service is 5*+ ALL THE TIME.

The Executive Lounge staff is just the warmest and helpful staff I've ever encountered at any EL, and that includes the Conrads in HKG and BKK, and believe me, up to this stay, I thought they can't be beat, but they were.

I had a minor medical problem of which I informed the young lady at the EL during my check in, asking for help locating the appropriate doctor/clinic. Obviously English speaking doctor would be a great plus...

Not only did she locate an English speaking doctor just steps away from the hotel, but she left a note on my reservation folio so that anybody working could help me without needing to ask all the questions again, and know what's going on. I asked them to make an appointment for the following morning. It worked out great. Very competent and personable doctor, did what he could on such a short notice and although the girls at the EL scared me about costs, because they were constantly asking if I had some kind of insurance to cover the costs, it ended up being very reasonable, actually, very inexpensive, and for the most part my problem was resolved. I just need to do a quick follow up with my doctor here in SRQ.

What made the experience very special was the fact that within hours the entire EL staff knew about my little problem and they were genuinely concerned and went out of their way to inquire about my state of being and comfort me as much as possible whenever our paths crossed, and that included some staff that I didn't remember meeting... at least not up to that particular moment. (and before somebody freaks out about the fact that my medical history was being discussed amongst all the staff, just relax. I did say it was a minor medical problem. It was only a minor eye infection but it did require an immediate attention.)

The evening cocktails were officially served between 6-8pm, but on couple of occasions I would go down to the lounge in mid-day with my laptop to make a quick Skype call or check e-mail and I was served couple of glasses of wine without any charges. Free wi-fi in the lounge.

The pampering went on and on and as much as I loved it (we're all suckers for that kind of treatment... ), there were times that I felt somewhat guilty of the exceptional treatment........staying there for few $ a night...

Wonderful stay.

Thanks Expedia and Hilton for 2 wonderful trips to Japan, but a very special thanks goes to the Osaka Hilton staff

Last edited by Canarsie; Sep 3, 2006 at 2:26 pm Reason: This milepost (and the following eleven mileposts) were merged into this thread unedited.
Old Jun 20, 2006, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Thanks for the excellent review. I am really looking forward to staying in Hiltons in Japan. I have heard nothing but good things about the service. I am going to have to add Osaka to the list!
Old Jun 20, 2006, 10:23 am

Ms REC1111 and I will be there in September and looking forward to the facility and service. Oh, and we'll be sure to develop a minor medical problem by then.
Old Jun 20, 2006, 11:56 am
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
Originally Posted by ContinentalFan
Thanks for the excellent review. I am really looking forward to staying in Hiltons in Japan. I have heard nothing but good things about the service. I am going to have to add Osaka to the list!
The first stay was at the Tokyo Hilton, and although it was a very nice stay, I didn't get the same feeling about the staff as I did at the Osaka property. The main reason was that the Executive Lounge was not open, so breakfast at one of the restaurants, drinks at the main bar, etc... great, but without the personal attention and pampering that I received at the Osaka Hilton from the EL staff.

Rooms were almost identical, but Osaka looked newer and with some minor improvements, but IMHO there were only a solid 4*, not the 5* type that I thought the HKG or BKK Conrads provide.

I believe that both properties, in fact all 5 Japan Hiltons and maybe the Conrad as well, are owned and operated by the same people.
Old Jun 28, 2006, 6:21 am

Location: Chapel Hill, NC - UA Nobody (sigh)/0.925MM, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by yasuki
Yes, D members can definitely get the access to the exe lounge.
Well I've just been informed by email that I won't get lounge access if not on Exec floor (see below). Any advice on how to gently press them much appreciated. By contrast, the Hilton Beijing responded that I would get lounge access even if not on Exec floor.

I sent the following email to the Hilton Osaka RE lounge access if not on Exec floor:

Greetings again,

Thank you very much for your kind reply.

Regarding upgrades to Executive rooms, I understand that you cannot confirm that in advance as it depends on availability when we arrive.

On the rare occasion when, as a HHonors Diamond, a hotel has not been able to upgrade me due to lack of Executive room availability, I have still been given Executive Lounge access. I hope it is the policy of the Hilton Osaka to extend Executive Lounge access and complimentary breakfast to Diamond members even if they cannot be upgraded to the Club/Executive Level. Can you confirm this?

We are very much looking forward to our stay with you! I have heard great things about your hotel and staff.

Regards,
Chapel Hill Guy
Reservation: XXXXXXXXXX
HHonors Number: XXXXXXXXX

And received this in reply:

Thank you very much for your email dated today.

According to the membership guidebook, every Hilton hotels cannot confirm that in advance as it depends on the availability upon check-in.

If upgrades will not have been given, we can confirm the complimentary American buffet breakfast as an alternative. Please note that only the guests who are staying on the Executive floors are able to access to the lounge. Therefore, the Executive lounge access will not be allowed in the case of lack of Executive room availability.

Your kind understanding would be very much appreciated.

Yours sincerely,

Noritsugu Ohba
Reservation
Hilton Osaka
Old Jun 28, 2006, 7:24 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
I was in the same position on my last trip into Osaka. I was enjoying a nice very comfortable stay at the Westin. I had booked the next evening at the Hilton and watched as the Hotel went totally sold out. I called the Hilton the evening before and day of arrival to see about a upgrade. They could not guarantee. I could have saved a couple thousand yen by staying at the Westin. I needed to Hilton stay for the 5/10/15 promo so went for it. At check-in I was firm about asking for the upgrade reminding them of my past stays. Asking kindly of course I also remained flexible. Like taking a double bedded room versus the king. I also offered to have my luggage held until something did become available. I also reminded her I did still have time to cxl my res if necessary. The Westin was still available at a lower rate and I was up for making it out to the Hyatt to try for the first time. The agent found me a room.

So the net. Ask kindly but firm. Pull and put down your D card. Be flexible and willing to wait a reasonable time. Good luck.
Old Jun 28, 2006, 7:39 am

Location: Chapel Hill, NC - UA Nobody (sigh)/0.925MM, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
So the net. Ask kindly but firm. Pull and put down your D card. Be flexible and willing to wait a reasonable time. Good luck.
Thanks for the info.

So is this now the policy at this property? No upgrade = no lounge access? Some of the earlier posts seem to indicate there was lounge access for diamonds even if not upgraded.
Old Jun 28, 2006, 8:02 am

It sounds like they have adopted no Lounge access unless you are on the proper floors. Maybe Yasuki can get the real word for sure.
Old Jun 28, 2006, 6:55 pm

Programs: NH-PLT/SFC, JL-JMG/JGP, SPG-PLT, HH-DIA, GP-DIA,PC/IC-P/RA,MR-GLD
Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
It sounds like they have adopted no Lounge access unless you are on the proper floors. Maybe Yasuki can get the real word for sure.
Mmm... I have stayed at the DX room once and asked if I could have an access to the lounge. The staff told me that I could have an access to the lounge because I was a HH-D member. The lounge staffs never checked my room number because they knew that I was HH-D member as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.