FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   The Cloud 9 Bed at Hampton Inns (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/584278-cloud-9-bed-hampton-inns.html)

Truck Guy Jul 28, 2006 8:03 pm

The Cloud 9 Bed at Hampton Inns

I usually stay at a Hampton or a HGI when I travel.

All I can say about the new Hampton Inn Cloud 9 Bed is........WOW! That thing is comfortable :D
More like what you'd see at a four or five star hotel or B&B.

This is what it says on the their press release:
The new Cloud Nine bed does away with the old-fashioned bedspread, featuring instead a crisp, white duvet cover, enveloping a lofty white comforter. The white sheets are 200-thread count with a fitted
bottom sheet. The bed features three or four pillows (depending on room type) providing consumers a choice in firmness (some filled with soft down, some with firmer foam),

a lumbar pillow in a soothing color that provides guests back support if they choose to read, watch television or enjoy the Hampton lap desk and work while resting in bed.

Anyone else sleep on one of these new beds yet?

Lehava Jul 28, 2006 8:05 pm

Many many many times (at least 100 nights this year as a matter of fact) and I LOVE them, wish the other hilton family properties had gone with the same one. I would take one at home in a heartbeat.

trm2 Jul 28, 2006 8:22 pm

Yes, these beds are wonderful. The only thing I don't love is the pillows. I prefer a very thin pillow, and it seems like ALL hotels have the thicker ones. But this bed is so comfortable, I usually just push aside the pillows.

flyinglan Jul 28, 2006 10:13 pm

I just had a week stay at HI Houston Brookhollow. A wonderful and pleasant stay. It was also my first time try on the Cloud 9 bed. The mattress is comfortable. but I thought the sheets are too rough on my skin. Maybe 200 thread count isn't enough.

OB one Jul 28, 2006 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by trm2
Yes, these beds are wonderful. The only thing I don't love is the pillows. I prefer a very thin pillow, and it seems like ALL hotels have the thicker ones. But this bed is so comfortable, I usually just push aside the pillows.

I agree. Wonderful bed, rotten pillows. The soft pillow smothers me but at least is starts out comfortable. The firmer pillows seem just guaranteed to give a stiff neck.

Traveling Salesman Jul 29, 2006 4:11 am

Great bed! I am staying at an es at moment with one of the worst beds I have had in the last 40 stays. It's back to HI for me ;)

SharonLPK Jul 29, 2006 7:38 am

Yes, I've experienced that too and now everything else seems to be a step-down... As far as pillows, I have the worst luck finding anything comfortable lately... I remember the days when I could sleep anywhere on anything at anytime lol

Truck Guy Jul 29, 2006 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by trm2

I use all four pillows. I usually find a way to get comfortable then :D

theblakefish Jul 29, 2006 8:14 pm

Dare I say.....the best beds in the Hilton system! These beds rock!!!!

Westcoaster Jul 30, 2006 10:40 am

You must all be taller than I am. My only complaint with the bed is that it is just too high for me. It's awkward getting up on to it. But once I'm up there it is indeed comfortable. I do have to remember how high it is when I get up in the middle of the night.

theblakefish Jul 30, 2006 11:58 am

I like the high clearence.....6'2"

OnMedic Jul 31, 2006 6:33 am

We are in the process of moving and will be buying a new bedroom set. The HI bed is on the list and I hope to be sleeping in one at home soon!

wjudge Jul 31, 2006 10:35 am

I normally stay in HGI and Hilton as well. Last week, due to all of the hotels being sold out, I stayed at a HI. I absolutely loved the bed too! Best bed in the chain! I really liked the fitted sheet - the flat sheets on beds irritate me because they never stay on. I had a double-bed room and one bed had soft pillows, the other, firm. I combined all of the pillows onto my bed of choice and had 4 wonderful nights of sleep! ^

kat99 Aug 1, 2006 3:13 pm

Where Can I Buy One?

Originally Posted by OnMedic
We are in the process of moving and will be buying a new bedroom set. The HI bed is on the list and I hope to be sleeping in one at home soon!

Where are you finding one to buy? I have looked on line and I can't find anything.

Thanks,

OnMedic Aug 1, 2006 4:38 pm

I hope to be calling in a favour with a local General Manager. But do they not have an onlinestore similar to Hiltontohome.com?