Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Kuwait Resort {KWT}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2003, 5:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, US Silver; MR life plat, HH diam.
Arrow Hilton Kuwait Resort {KWT}

Anyone have info on the Kuwait Hilton. Exec floor, lounge, internet, airport transportation, etc??? Going to Kuwait early next year, Jan or Feb. Thanks for any comments.
Old Dec 23, 2003, 6:28 pm

Programs: NH-SFC, SPG-LTP, MR-P, HH-G
I have stayed at Kuwait Hilton at last beginning of March.
The location is very far from downtown and,
NO EXECUTIVE LOUNG and NO EXECUTIVE FLOOR.
Hotel transportation was available at the airport counter. I did use Internet through my ISP so I don't know if there is.
Free breakfast at restaurant was offered.
As I was put in a Studio room (upgraded as a Diamond VIP) which was very far from hotel reception, one porter took me to the other building, which had my room, by an electric car. And eventually I had to walk to the restaurant every morning even though it was nice exercise for me.
There are many US army or navy staying in there so that there was very strict inspection at the entrance of hotel which was same as the inspection at airports for security reason.
For me, I will not stay again in this hotel for some reasons in case it is on my business.
Old Jan 1, 2004, 3:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, US Silver; MR life plat, HH diam.
Thanks shinnene. Looks like I will stay at the Marriott.
Old Jul 27, 2006, 5:42 am

Hilton Kuwait resort

Wonder if anyone can shed some light on this...

I am staying at the Hilton Kuwait resort for three weeks in September, and I could only find one thread from a couple of years ago about it. Has anyone stayed recently? I am after some general information about the hotel, its location/area attractions and room upgrade details for Diamonds
I would be grateful for any info you have.

Many thanks

Jon
Old Dec 2, 2011, 6:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Overall I find this to be a very nice property. The standard "studio" rooms are about 4x as large as an average US hotel room. Furniture style is spartan but includes a nice sectional couch and a very large desk. Flat screen plus DVD player and full kitchen complete with stove and refrig though I doubt I'll be cooking Free in-room high speed wifi ^ and daily bottled water. After complaining about my first 2 rooms (too close to elevator, smoking, parking lot view) I was upgraded to an ocean view. As other noted, I didn't see any rooms in the main building so you have to hike to another building but mostly via A/C hallways. Not any farther than other low rise resorts.

I currently have no status (but soon to be HH Gold) but they still sent up a nice snack plate and fruit. From what I've observed about 5x more staff then you see now at US properties. Bank ATM off lobby for those like me who didn't exchange $$ at airport (which is about 1/2 hour drive). Beach outside my window has chairs and umbrellas just like Mexico though weather is a bit chilly. Sorry, no exec lounge, no bar (this is Kuwait), no attractions within walking distance though there is a free Kuwait iphone app that lists places around town.

As noted above, the permiter security is high and all vehicles are inspected. I would think threats are further reduced by the low rise nature of the buildings (historically attacks on hotels have focused on high rises) though I suppose somebody could approach by water. Maybe good to pre-arrange car service from airport as might be hard for a novice to spot from the road as there is only a small sign and it is set back a ways from the road.

Will update later with restaurant info. Starbucks next door ^

Last edited by Boraxo; Jun 3, 2016 at 9:55 pm
Old Jan 3, 2015, 6:25 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
I had two nights here after Christmas.

The resort is a long way from downtown Kuwait and there is very little in the vicinity of the hotel. It's a sprawling property with a couple of swimming pools, a big fitness area with gym and large indoor jacuzzi pool with jets and fountain-type things, as well as a separate jacuzzi, steam room and sauna. There was a notice saying house guests were required to pay KWD3 (AUD15) to use these facilities and I was expecting to have to point out that this doesn't apply to HHonors members but the charge did not appear at check-out. The property is set on a long stretch of nice beach.

It's a particularly expensive property that even with a points plus pay cost me close to AUD150 per night, plus 24k HHonors points. The rooms are large. I had a room on the second (top) floor overlooking the large outdoor pool and beach area. There was a two seater sofa bed with a coffee table and small desk. The TV had a very large number of channels, many in English. The bathroom was quite large with a separate shower and tub and Peter Thomas Roth amenities. Housekeeping was okay but not outstanding. Face towels were not replaced and toothbrushes not restocked. There was also a turndown service.

The resort has several restaurants as well as a Starbucks and Pizza Hut on the grounds. F&B is expensive.

Breakfast was in the main restaurant on the ground floor. There was no hot buffet but there was a chef station for cooked to order eggs. The food was a good quality.

All staff were very polite and helpful. The bell desk ordered a taxi for me one day to go to the Iraq War Museum and as I left gave me a bottle of water and some moist toilettes. I had a big issue making my way back to the hotel from one of the malls. I went to the taxi rank and got in the first taxi. I told the driver I wanted to go to the Hilton and showed him the room keycard (not the card wallet, so it didn't have an address on it) and he said he knew where to go. He did not. We ended up further away and at some three stay joint in the 'burbs. I refused to pay him and he got very angry. Another taxi was driving past and picked me up. He knew where to go. The hotel is probably about 25 to 30 minutes from downtown.

It seemed to be a very quiet time of year at the resort. I estimated occupancy might have been as low as 20%, given the few people I saw around the hotel.

One big plus for the hotel is they offer complimentary airport transfers in both directions. Given the high cost of the place and the fact the airport is a good 25 minutes away, this is a real advantage.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 3:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K M, AA 2 MM PREM, AVIS First, HYATT Explorist, Marriott Lifetime Platinum., Hilton Gold.
Lounge

Does this property has Executive lounge?

Thanks
Old Jun 3, 2016, 7:17 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by ACC2008
Does this property has Executive lounge?

Thanks
I was there in December 2014 and no, it did not have a lounge.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 11:50 am

Programs: UA 1K M, AA 2 MM PREM, AVIS First, HYATT Explorist, Marriott Lifetime Platinum., Hilton Gold.
Any recent reviews on this property? Thinking of staying there in July/Aug 2016 time frame.

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.