Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Embassy Suites San Francisco Airport - South San Francisco {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Embassy Suites San Francisco Airport - South San Francisco {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2019, 8:36 pm

Programs: DL, HH, Bonvoy
Since this is still the first thing that comes up on a Google search, wanted to add a data point.

I booked here for three nights as a Diamond member, booking through my corporate portal (Concur). At check-in I was told that they no longer offer Diamond upgrades at this property for my corporate rate code. I stay at Hilton properties frequently and this is the first I’ve heard of this. I asked if I’d get my normal points for the stay and I was told “probably”.

The rooms definitely havent been been renovated since any of the above posts and the parking situation doesn’t appear any better. There are a number of Diamond spots outside of the gated area so I assume Diamond members park free, which at $30/nt parking fee is a pretty huge perk. The spots are all still tiny and if I was parking my car (I.e. not a rental) I would seriously consider parking elsewhere to avoid door damage.

The pool appeara functional and full of people.

I’m pretty irritated about the no-upgrades rule since all my stays are for work and if this is something Hilton is rolling out at a larger scale it’ll mean moving my business to Hyatt/Marriott. I don’t want to assume with a single stay but she was pretty confident about it at check-in.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 12:57 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Any recent experiences here? Looking for a nice SFO hotel with easy shuttle.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 2:11 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Gomac
IMHO the Hilton is probably the pick of Hilton properties near the airport. None of them are anything amazing, but I've always had a good stay there.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by sbiddle
IMHO the Hilton is probably the pick of Hilton properties near the airport. None of them are anything amazing, but I've always had a good stay there.
+1 for the Hilton Bayfront. Solid but unspectacular. The DoubleTree (South?), as a hotel, is fine too, but I had a bad shuttle experience. Reviews of this particular ES are quite off-putting.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 11:34 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by kenbo
+1 for the Hilton Bayfront. Solid but unspectacular. The DoubleTree (South?), as a hotel, is fine too, but I had a bad shuttle experience. Reviews of this particular ES are quite off-putting.
Originally Posted by sbiddle
Thaks guys, yeah the Embassey tripadvisor reviews are off putting, all the SFO Hilton properties seem quite dated.

Think I may book the Hyatt Regency instead and just forgo the HH points and benefits.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 9:38 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
How long are you there for?
I would avoid the ES, especially on weekends when it is overrun by families with kids. My first choice would be the HIlton and my second choice the Doubletree. I usually pick the DT because it is cheaper for one night.
Old Oct 7, 2022, 7:48 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Any recent stays here? on app it says only grab & go breakfast available...
EDIT:
Found on google maps reviews that breakfast is up & running (and good)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.