Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Q3FN Hilton Honors Certificate Questions and Information: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2006, 5:42 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: UNITED 2K HILTON DIAMOND

attn mods: please merge this after 24hrs. I dont like to start a new thread, but I presume this post would get lost on the 5-10-15 thread after 2 hrs. Thanks Rwill
Old Jul 25, 2006, 10:28 am

Programs: UA, AA, MR,HH
expiration of Q3FN certificates

I have 2 Q3FN certificates that has a post date of 5-February-2006 and 19-February-2006. Can someone confirm if these certificates expire a year from the posted date?. I would also liek to use these certificates in March of next year. I was going to make the reservations shortly but was not sure if I can use these certificates since I am making the reservation now.

Any help is appreciated

Thanx in advance
Old Jul 25, 2006, 10:37 am

The expiration date is printed on the actual certificate immediately below the "Issue Date". A couple of certificates that I have expire on 20 June 2007 - which is slightly more than one year after issue.
Old Jul 25, 2006, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by Bondiboy
The expiration date is printed on the actual certificate immediately below the "Issue Date". A couple of certificates that I have expire on 20 June 2007 - which is slightly more than one year after issue.
Correct. To the OP, I hope this isn't true for you, but my Q3FN's issued in Feb. 2006 expire Feb. 28, 2007.

Last edited by zachary; Jul 26, 2006 at 7:00 am Reason: typo
Old Jul 25, 2006, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by zachary
Correct. To the OP, I hope this is true for you, but my Q3FN's issued in Feb. 2006 expire Feb. 28, 2007.
I was referring to the second batch of certificates prompted by the "offer" from Cynthia. I sadly confirm that, after checking, the certificates issued to me in dec 2005 and feb 2005 will expire on Feb 28, 2007.
Old Jul 25, 2006, 6:10 pm

Mine arrived by post and say jun 07
Old Jul 25, 2006, 8:17 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Bondiboy
I was referring to the second batch of certificates prompted by the "offer" from Cynthia. I sadly confirm that, after checking, the certificates issued to me in dec 2005 and feb 2005 will expire on Feb 28, 2007.
Err Whats sad about it? HH certs are generally valid for about a year.

Two of mine RE-ISSUED on May 15th are valid until June 29, 2007.
It appears that if you have not gotten them in the mail ( which I did not) you actually can "extend" their validity dates by requesting them to be re-issued at a later date.

Not sure though if one can try that with one actually mailed or even if HH are able to check such.

mike
Old Jul 26, 2006, 7:03 am

Originally Posted by tinkybelle
Mine arrived by post and say jun 07
Remember that there have been two recent 5/10/15 promotions that have led to the issuance of these Q3FNs. The first of these resulted in e-mail certificates that (at least for me) expire Feb. 28, 2007. The second (the one that Cynthia opened up to all FTers) resulted in snail mail certificates (at least as reported by some) that expire in June 2007.
Old Jul 26, 2006, 6:01 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Advantage Gold
I received my three 5/10/15 certificates by e-mail today with an expiration date of 07/31/07.
Old Jul 26, 2006, 6:05 pm

Programs: UA, AA, NWA, Hilton, Starwood, Marriott
Originally Posted by rfctex
I received my three 5/10/15 certificates by e-mail today with an expiration date of 07/31/07.
Same here. All three arrived at once, although the first one was earned in May.
Old Jul 26, 2006, 6:08 pm

Location: MSP (Mahtomedi, MN, USA) - Delta hub captive, Marriott Gold, US Mint Silver, CVS Red
Programs: "We've been starving, and sitting on a ham sandwich the whole time."
Question

does the Q3FN work everywhere? Even the W=A, HHV, HWV, etc for example??? I could not find any mention of category level, only that it was subject to availability and capacity controlled yada yada yada
Old Jul 26, 2006, 6:12 pm

Programs: AA/EXP 3MM; UA/1K; HY/DIA; SPG/PLT; Fairmont/Life PLT
Originally Posted by wbl-mn-flyer
does the Q3FN work everywhere? Even the W=A, HHV, HWV, etc for example??? I could not find any mention of category level, only that it was subject to availability and capacity controlled yada yada yada
YES. Used them at the W=A.....

Now, I haven't tried to use them at other W=A collection properties, seems like the Grand Wailea is a good deal to use at....
Old Jul 26, 2006, 6:16 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

gray area?

bump. Sure seems like the T&Cs have a gray area in the wording. Seems to me that once the stays are achieved, they free nite goes in your record in redemption history. Last time I used one I had to call the DD and make a reservation, then they sent me a reward cert which had to be presented at checkin. Why cant your use this for a relative if it isnt issued prior to the resv??? Seems this cynthia promo got out of hand and the higher ups put the CLAMP on the original Rules. Any one else find a way around this???
Old Jul 26, 2006, 6:33 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

heres the rule

this is off my email

GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS

1. Reward Confirmations are nontransferable (AFTER) issuance and are valid for use only by the person whose name is specified on the face of the Confirmation. If a person other than the individual named on the Confirmation attempts to use it, the Confirmation will be deemed void and the accommodations will be denied.

sure seems like they changed horses mid stream. A free nite is a free nite, Who cares who uses them? And why would they use all this convoluted legalize to say "this can only be used by you"
Old Jul 27, 2006, 10:58 am

Programs: HH Gold
Originally Posted by jkc22
YES. Used them at the W=A.....

Now, I haven't tried to use them at other W=A collection properties, seems like the Grand Wailea is a good deal to use at....

I have 3 Q3FN certs and called HH today, the CSR told me that the certs are only good for the W=A in New York and not other properties in that collection, especially the Grand Wailea. She did state that the certs are good for any other properties up to category 6.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.