Best Hilton Pool

Old Jul 26, 2006, 5:30 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
I too would vote CUN at top of my list for overall experience. Tapatio Cliffs is OK but with a more confined (but still relatively spacious) space than CUN, I would rate it lower.
Old Sep 27, 2006, 8:35 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors
Best pool at Hilton or Affiliate

Hey guys, I wanted tto just get the kids out of the house for the weekend. I wanted to take them to a hotel with some of my points with a really cool pool. I remember as a kid, there was a Hilton that had an indoor/outdoor pool that was connected and you could swim from inside to outside. Any ideas. It needs to be located within 6 hours of South Carolina.
Old Sep 27, 2006, 8:43 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club, Emerald Club, Amtrak
www.hilton.com

EDIT: the next poster is correct. My apologies. [insert excuse list here]

Last edited by ZeppoX; Sep 28, 2006 at 11:17 am
Old Sep 28, 2006, 8:39 am

Programs: UA 1P, AA PLT, HH Diamond, SPG PLT, MR PLT, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by ZeppoX

That was a very helpful post Zeppo...

First welcome to the board. second, how about the Myrtle Beach Embassy Suites. It has a full waterpark and multiple pools as well as the beach.

http://www.embassysuites.com/en/es/h...s,waterpark,21

good luck

jk
Old Sep 28, 2006, 9:36 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
I think there is a previous post about "best pools". The OP might want to try a search if they already haven't.
Old Sep 28, 2006, 9:44 am
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
MODS, how about closing/merging this thread?

Originally Posted by Cheap Elite
I think there is a previous post about "best pools". The OP might want to try a search if they already haven't.
The most recent:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...highlight=pool
Old Sep 28, 2006, 11:05 am

Hilton Sedona

The Hilton Sedona pool was quite nice, 2 levels with a water fall and some kind of giant mushroom shaped fountain in the middle of the lower level. Very relaxing, not very crowded when I went.

JK
Old Sep 28, 2006, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by Cheap Elite

Unfortunately it's mostly a discussion of the cancun pools.

jk
Old Sep 28, 2006, 11:40 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club, Emerald Club, Amtrak
Humble Pie

Attempting partial atonement for my rude post:

"Six hours" opens up an awful lot of real estate, but to find cool pools, I would use the Hilton web site and concentrate my search on the SC and GA coast and in resort locations southward. Even if you are not interested in the resort (e.g., Six Flags), I think such pool amenities are more likely to be found in family vacation destinations than in cities. Each property will have a link to "tour" the hotel, and then there typically will be a link to pictures of the "leisure facilities."

For example, Orlando, Florida is within six hours driving of much of the State of South Carolina. This opens up some rather interesting possibilities such as the HGVC at Sea World, the HGVC on Intl Drive, and the Hilton at Downtown Disney (all category 6 for award stay, though, IIRC). The Embassy Suites Intl Drive-Jamaican Court has one of those indoor/outdoor pools, and is just a category 4 property.
The Embassy Suites Lake Buena Vista Resort also is cool, though cat 5.

A little poking around in the Florida and South forums here under "travel and dining" might turn up a nugget or two. You could search those fora "pools" and see what turns up.
Old Sep 28, 2006, 12:33 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors
Thanks guys for all of the suggestions, Didn't mean to stir up any controversy. The Hilton Page is very difficult to do any searches for "cool" pools, Much less search for anything on their website. I was just looking for some insider knowledge on the subject. I have 4 year and 6 year old girls who would rather enjoy the pool at Disney World than go in the park. One of my childhood memories was the indoor/outdoor pool. I am trying to re-create that moment for them too.

I will check out the suggestion about.
The Embassy Suites Intl Drive-Jamaican Court has one of those indoor/outdoor pools, and is just a category 4 property. That seems to fit the bill.

I am kind of tired of going to Myrtle since we live in SC, wanted to go somewhere new.

I was starting to lean a little towards Atlanta, Since I hear the aquarium is really awesome, and of course you have Sixflags.
Old Sep 28, 2006, 4:22 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Both the indoor and outdoor swimming pools at the Athens Hilton (Greece) are very pleasant.
Old Sep 29, 2006, 3:53 am

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Hilton Sorrento Palace--four (or five?) pools linked by slides. My four year old daughter had a blast! And the pols are so large, there's room for everyone.
Old Sep 29, 2006, 3:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
My vote for the Grand Wailea on Maui.
Old Sep 29, 2006, 7:27 am

Programs: DL Gold, WN A-List, HH Diamond, MR Plat, Avis 1st
Hilton Tapatio Cliffs is the best if you have kids with you. First it is very hot in Arizona. Being at the pool is a must. The five story slide kept our kids amused for hours. There were lots of iced drinks available for everyone.

I Found it even better than any in Hawii.
Old Sep 29, 2006, 2:40 pm

Programs: HH Diamond,Ambassador Club,Delta FF,USAIR FF
HWV - big island Hawaii

HWV - beautiful pools, temperature just right

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.