FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Best Hilton Pool (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/581528-best-hilton-pool.html)

Flying Lawyer Jul 23, 2006 2:24 pm

Frankfurt Hilton, 25m Full Size Pool :D

baccarat_king Jul 23, 2006 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by troyintn
The hilton old san juan is also very nice and has a bar in the pool.

? there is a hilton in old san juan ?

I thought the only "Hilton" in San Juan was the Caribe Hilton, which is in Condado. (this does NOT include the ES in Isla Verde).

I do like the pool and beach (bay area) at the Caribe Hilton, though it is definitely not world class, but very nice.

bearkatt Jul 23, 2006 4:54 pm

of course i would vote for the old shamrock hilton pool in houston?

dabee69 Jul 24, 2006 1:30 am

Originally Posted by dannyr

Why? Is there anything more than an average indoor pool? I used it; it was nothing to remember...

I really enjoyed Miami Airport pool because it's is pure fun to swim or sit in the Jacuzzi during the night and watch planes arriving and departing. Embassy Suites Phoenix Biltmore also has very nice pool. Both of these are normal sized pools not an underwater palaces or something :)

yep Jul 24, 2006 5:01 am

Originally Posted by dabee69
Birmingham Metropole: Why? Is there anything more than an average indoor pool? I used it; it was nothing to remember

the whole hotel was nothing to remember! The pool is ok for a business hotel (glass domed) but it is not comparable to anything in Asia or Egypt.

yep

Abidjan Jul 24, 2006 6:22 am

Ok, it won't win points for views, scenery, etc - but the Hilton DFW Conference Center has a nice, large indoor pool that I find empty quite often. Also, a great gym to boot. :-:

BamaVol Jul 24, 2006 7:22 am

Originally Posted by Abidjan
Ok, it won't win points for views, scenery, etc - but the Hilton DFW Conference Center has a nice, large indoor pool that I find empty quite often. Also, a great gym to boot. :-:

Empty? :eek: Any chance they filmed an old Bryan Adams video there?

volrichard Jul 24, 2006 10:56 am

Since I haven't been to all the Hiltons', I would say Cancun, so far. I'll update later if I come across a better one.

telisto Jul 24, 2006 11:56 am

HGV International Drive, Orlando

It's an HGV Club but it has a very nice pool. Whole property is brand new.

Venetian theme, large waterfall area you can swim under and behind, little jets shooting into the pool, several cul-de-sacs for semi-privacy.

There's a bar, but it's not swim-up.

drtravel Jul 24, 2006 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

I would go with;

(1) Hilton Waikoloa Village with its huge Kohala pool and water slide and grotto and the Kona pool wihch is on multiple levels

(2) Hilton Tapatio Cliffs ( Phoenix) Two large pools wsith an enclose water slide in the Falls Vater Village and 6 other pools spread about the resort os you often had a pool to yourself.

Regards

TBS

I second for both Hilton San Juan Puerto Rico and the private pools at Tapatio Cliffs (Phoenix, AZ).

Hammocks in the palm trees on the sandy side of the pool area in PR are memorable. Tired of the hammock? Swim over to the waterfall or the bar. Just plan to spend the whole day.

The large pool at Tapatio Cliffs has piped-in music in every corner and under every bush. Tough to read a book or do much concentrating, but the filter is needed to offset the screaming kids. You know that going in. In contrast, the private pools and lots of them are wonderful.

Xyzzy Jul 25, 2006 5:20 am

I liked the pools/spa at the Cavalieri in Rome. While I'm sure they can't compare to some of the more exotic resort pools mentioned above, they were very nice for a city hotel.

Mustang1 Jul 25, 2006 6:11 am

Hilton WDW in Orlando is pretty nice.

phillygold Jul 25, 2006 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by volrichard
Since I haven't been to all the Hiltons', I would say Cancun, so far. I'll update later if I come across a better one.

I'll second this recommendation. The Squaw Peak resort in Arizona would be a close second with its lazy river. Perfect for kids and relaxing.

Always Travel Ready Jul 25, 2006 3:31 pm

Cancun

I have to agree with those voting for Cancun.

The pools there were pretty spectacular.

Abidjan Jul 25, 2006 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by BamaVol
Empty? :eek: Any chance they filmed an old Bryan Adams video there?

ha!, not sure. hmmmm...what i meant to say is no one's there. lol :p