Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2019] Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort {US-HI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2019] Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2019, 12:07 am

If I book a 3rd party tour through the concierge and charge it to the room, do I receive hhonors points for it?
Old Jun 15, 2019, 5:03 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond
I would think so, but it would be best to call the concierge desk and ask them. I know that the Luau receives points, but that is an in-house type of thing. Sorry I do not have a better answer for you. I am sure we will book a couple things via the hotel, so at the end of this month I will provide some feedback. Hopefully that will come in time to help you out!
Old Jun 15, 2019, 10:12 am

Thanks but I'm arriving today so actually I'll be happy to reply back with my findings
Old Jun 16, 2019, 11:06 am

Checked in today. Have 1 weekend night from aspire and 5 nights on points which are 2 separate stays for a total of 6 nights, originally booked as terrace king for all nights. I checked the Hilton app for the 1 weekend night (today) and it had me posted as royal club suite Napua tower (which is probably multiple upgrades) and club room Napua tower for the other 5. But when I checked in, they put me in a normal club room in Napua tower for first night, since the remaining 5 nights were posted there and they wanted to combine.

first time trying to check in through the app but seems strange to me? When i checked in in person i checked the app and the first night switched from royal club suite to a regular Napua tower room. Am thankful all nights are in Napua tower though but thought this seemed odd. Was looking forward to trying the suite, oh well. Room is nice though, probably better than what I had expected, and likewise for Napua tower.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 11:08 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by Boringbarry
Checked in today. Have 1 weekend night from aspire and 5 nights on points which are 2 separate stays for a total of 6 nights, originally booked as terrace king for all nights. I checked the Hilton app for the 1 weekend night (today) and it had me posted as royal club suite Napua tower (which is probably multiple upgrades) and club room Napua tower for the other 5. But when I checked in, they put me in a normal club room in Napua tower for first night, since the remaining 5 nights were posted there and they wanted to combine.

first time trying to check in through the app but seems strange to me? When i checked in in person i checked the app and the first night switched from royal club suite to a regular Napua tower room. Am thankful all nights are in Napua tower though but thought this seemed odd. Was looking forward to trying the suite, oh well. Room is nice though, probably better than what I had expected, and likewise for Napua tower.
Are you able to get into the lounge? I'm still shaking my head over that one a few months ago who said he was "upgraded" to Napua Tower but had no Napua Lounge access.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 11:54 am

Hey Barry! Thanks for the follow up! We check in Wednesday and I am still showing Terrace View, but I see the hotel as sold out for some of your dates as well, so I will keep my fingers crossed!!!! Did you happen to notice if they updated your info in the "your stay" section a couple days prior, or was it just when you pulled up the online check-in? (I know, way too much of an overly-anxious type of question :-) )

Also curious to find out about booking third party events via concierge and if the corresponds with any points! It sounds like our stays will be over lapping, so I am sure we will say "hey" to each other without realizing it. (yellow hand thumbs up emoji)
Old Jun 17, 2019, 12:15 am

It's not possible to have a room in the Napua tower and not have access to the lounge. Lounge is pretty good btw, way better than I expected. It can replace a dinner for sure.

tours booked through the concierge got charged to my room, which helped trigger some amex offers I had (spend 500 get 100 back).

I think it says terrace view room until day of, so would just check then.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by wally5505
Hey Barry! Thanks for the follow up! We check in Wednesday and I am still showing Terrace View, but I see the hotel as sold out for some of your dates as well, so I will keep my fingers crossed!!!! Did you happen to notice if they updated your info in the "your stay" section a couple days prior, or was it just when you pulled up the online check-in? (I know, way too much of an overly-anxious type of question :-) )

Also curious to find out about booking third party events via concierge and if the corresponds with any points! It sounds like our stays will be over lapping, so I am sure we will say "hey" to each other without realizing it. (yellow hand thumbs up emoji)
Our stay last week had three terrace view rooms through points redemption. Two of them were upgraded to ocean view a couple of days earlier. One was upgraded to garden view before arrival, but was upgraded to ocean view after I chatted with the front desk during check-in. Of course I have the Diamond status through Aspire card.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by Boringbarry
It's not possible to have a room in the Napua tower and not have access to the lounge. Lounge is pretty good btw, way better than I expected. It can replace a dinner for sure.

tours booked through the concierge got charged to my room, which helped trigger some amex offers I had (spend 500 get 100 back).

I think it says terrace view room until day of, so would just check then.
I spent a bit over $1000 with Aspire card for dinning, parking and snorkeling tours. Both Amex offers were triggered: $200 off $1000 Hilton brands in Hawaii, $100 of $500 Waldorf. These are in addition to $250 resort credit.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 7:24 am

We check in today and no update to the app as of yet. Oh well. Even if we do not upgrade, we will have a good time. We will still give it the ol' college try and when arrive as well :-)
Old Jun 19, 2019, 1:23 pm

Good luck keep us posted. Wouldn't worry do not think it's such a big deal, you'll have a great time either way this place is gorgeous
Old Jun 20, 2019, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by wally5505
We check in today and no update to the app as of yet. Oh well. Even if we do not upgrade, we will have a good time. We will still give it the ol' college try and when arrive as well :-)
how is the trip so far and did you get a coveted upgrade?
Old Jun 23, 2019, 12:11 pm

Hey! The trip has been fantastic so far! We actually did get upgraded to Deluxe Ocean View and love it! The staff has been absolutely fantastic, all the food choices have worked out perfectly as well. The luau was impressive and our kids loved it. I will give a full report upon our return. I should also note that our stop before Hawaii (Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills) was ridiculously impressive as well.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 4:10 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion & Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Diamond, Hertz President's Club
In case anyone has an upcoming stay with the $200 off $1000 and $100 off $500 Amex offers expiring on 6/30, I was able to call in to the Grand Wailea reservations desk and make an advance deposit of $1,000 for my stay next May. This triggered the 2 Amex credits plus the $250 resort credit. We have 3 couples going so I actually did this 3x and will get $3,000 of resort credit for $1,350 (will be trying to negotiate for a suite upgrade before my stay). I am hoping these offers show up again next year (they have for the last 2 years).
Old Jun 28, 2019, 4:34 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by lucjos0224
In case anyone has an upcoming stay with the $200 off $1000 and $100 off $500 Amex offers expiring on 6/30, I was able to call in to the Grand Wailea reservations desk and make an advance deposit of $1,000 for my stay next May. This triggered the 2 Amex credits plus the $250 resort credit. We have 3 couples going so I actually did this 3x and will get $3,000 of resort credit for $1,350 (will be trying to negotiate for a suite upgrade before my stay). I am hoping these offers show up again next year (they have for the last 2 years).
That's great! Unfortunately we're an all-points reservation and although we'll spend a bundle on parking, restaurants, etc. I don't think they'd be able to do anything for us since we don't already have a charge on the books, but what a great idea for a future paid stay at a resort - thanks for the tip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.