Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2019] Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort {US-HI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2019] Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2019, 7:45 am

Programs: HH Diamond, MR LTGold, UA, AA, AS, DL, Global Entry & TSAPre✓
Originally Posted by ShortTermParking
Just returned from four nights at the GW, and thought I'd provide an update on the Diamond breakfast benefit. The $30/room/day credit is gone.
The benefit is now a $15 credit per person to be used only in the Grand Dining Room. FYI, the full breakfast buffet is $39/person, and a la carte items range from $20 (Grand Acai Bowl) to $30 (Create Your Own Omelette), juice and coffee included. Tax and tip extra.
No welcome letter was provided as the benefit was only recently updated.
Disappointing, and not much of a benefit IMO; I stuck with grab and go from Kula Cafe or Island Market at the Shops.
Thanks. We arrive in a week, so helps to set my expectations. But I agree it is disappointing.
Also amazed how many times they have changed the benefit during such a short period. I will report back as well.

BTW, I received two separate proactive messages from the resort -- actually from TrueWaldorfService -- each with a different "personal concierge" name listed, asking if we wanted to make advanced reservations, for example. I responded once to the individual's email, and the second time to the group email. Never received a response to either. I'll try the overall GWconcierge email next, as opposed to GWpersonalconcierge, and see if I can get a response.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 11:46 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by BlueZebra
The high end suites have 2 and 3 bedrooms. Otherwise I don't see you getting 5 in a standard room there.
Can you get 3 in a Terrace King room?
Old Jan 18, 2019, 12:35 pm

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Originally Posted by Cledaybuck
Can you get 3 in a Terrace King room?
Yes.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

...........The $30/room/day credit is gone. The benefit is now a $15 credit per person to be used only in the Grand Dining Room..........
Unbelievable. It is Diamond breakfast benefit of the month. I wonder what it will be for February.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 2:36 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA, B6, BA (airline status-free leisure traveler), Hilton Diamond
Just returned from four nights at the GW, and thought I'd provide an update on the Diamond breakfast benefit. The $30/room/day credit is gone.
The benefit is now a $15 credit per person to be used only in the Grand Dining Room. FYI, the full breakfast buffet is $39/person, and a la carte items range from $20 (Grand Acai Bowl) to $30 (Create Your Own Omelette), juice and coffee included. Tax and tip extra.

No welcome letter was provided as the benefit was only recently updated.
Disappointing, and not much of a benefit IMO; I stuck with grab and go from Kula Cafe or Island Market at the Shops.

Apologies if someone else has already posted on this topic.
Thank you for sharing! I am not a fan of this new breakfast benefit. It forces us into the most expensive option that the resort offers.

I thought that the previous $15/person credit was rather miserly, with how much everything costs at the GW, but at least we had options of where to use it.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 3:37 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by loomis
Thank you for sharing! I am not a fan of this new breakfast benefit. It forces us into the most expensive option that the resort offers.

I thought that the previous $15/person credit was rather miserly, with how much everything costs at the GW, but at least we had options of where to use it.
I wonder if you have to use or lose the credit each day, or can it be cumulative and use it when you scrabble enough days together to actually eat there? Terrible. It's not a breakfast benefit if it doesn't cover the cost of breakfast! Why do they get to be so rogue with the rules over there?
Old Jan 18, 2019, 5:40 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, AS MVP Gold
It’s most definitely use or lose
Old Jan 18, 2019, 8:43 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by BlueZebra
Yes.
How? Are there sofa beds or do you request a rollaway?
Old Jan 19, 2019, 5:49 am

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Originally Posted by Cledaybuck

How? Are there sofa beds or do you request a rollaway?
I believe you will be using a sofa bed. But have also seen rollaways in use.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 2:16 pm

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, UA Million Miler Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by loomis

We had a 10 night stay right after Christmas. We were given a $30 per day credit for Food and Beverage. We did not use it one day and still got a $300 credit to our bill when we left
Old Jan 19, 2019, 2:36 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by HawkeyeFlyer
We had a 10 night stay right after Christmas. We were given a $30 per day credit for Food and Beverage. We did not use it one day and still got a $300 credit to our bill when we left
Did you have to use it at the Grand Dining Room?
Old Jan 20, 2019, 4:29 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond, United Global Services
Just returned from four nights at the GW, and thought I'd provide an update on the Diamond breakfast benefit. The $30/room/day credit is gone
I am here now. When checking in I heard the front desk manager tell a gold it was 30/day in the dining room. After a few minutes of the other girl checking me in, and when she was pretty much finished checking me in (without any diamond recommendation I asked her if I received 30/day for food at any place. She said yes, I said OK just confirming it is anywhere on the resort, and she again said yes. I wonder had I not asked if she would have told me anything at all. Checking out tomorrow, so we will see how if it gets applied to my account or not.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by JetSet05

I am here now. When checking in I heard the front desk manager tell a gold it was 30/day in the dining room. After a few minutes of the other girl checking me in, and when she was pretty much finished checking me in (without any diamond recommendation I asked her if I received 30/day for food at any place. She said yes, I said OK just confirming it is anywhere on the resort, and she again said yes. I wonder had I not asked if she would have told me anything at all. Checking out tomorrow, so we will see how if it gets applied to my account or not.
That's weird. Checked out yesterday and I was told the $30 credit only applies to the dining room, which is breakfast only. They also give me a printed letter which says the same thing. Please do post here if you receive the credit by eating at other restaurants automatically or if you have to ask for an adjustment.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 7:23 pm

Simply amazing how this “aspirational” property continues to mess with frequent HH guests.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 7:40 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond, United Global Services
Originally Posted by ezak
That's weird. Checked out yesterday and I was told the $30 credit only applies to the dining room, which is breakfast only. They also give me a printed letter which says the same thing. Please do post here if you receive the credit by eating at other restaurants automatically or if you have to ask for an adjustment.
Interesting that you received a welcome letter, and I did not. As I mentioned, I had to ask the front desk if I received 30/day anywhere, and she confirmed. After reading the updates on the forum, I was curious what would happen upon check out. Sure enough, my original receipt did not give the credit ($150). I called the front desk, and he explained to me that it was for the grand dining room only. I informed him what my front desk agent told me, his response was only “Sorry, she told you wrong”. I asked how that was my fault, and how should I know. He again only apologized. I asked to speak to a manager on duty, and he put me on hold. After a few minutes he came back and informed me he was able to apply the $150 credit to my bill.

I also noticed that sometime during my stay, the stated benefits on the app was updated to state that the diamond benefit was $15 per person per day, max 2 people, for the grand dining room only. It also states that the credit would be applied at the time of purchase at the restaurant. I have no idea when this app update occurred, as it was not listed this way when I checked in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.