Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort {US-HI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2023, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Staying here now. Feel free to ask any questions.
Did you get a Diamond room upgrade? Was it offered, or did you have to request it?

Is anything else closed/under construction other than the spa?
Old Feb 18, 2023, 11:48 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
No upgrade was possible, we were splurging on this trip. Aside from spa, some rooms are still being renovated. Construction noise has not been an issue—yes have heard it at times when walking around the property, never bothersome.
Old Feb 18, 2023, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
enjoy! Are you enjoying the pools? Water elevator still out? How much is the weekday brunch buffet these days?
Old Feb 18, 2023, 6:26 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by gaobest
enjoy! Are you enjoying the pools? Water elevator still out? How much is the weekday brunch buffet these days?
pools are great, didn’t get crowded until today. Water elevator still out, waiting on a part. In Napua, so no idea about the breakfast buffet price. Did go down & have a look at it, wide variety of goodies, can’t justify paying for it on top of Napua $
Old Feb 19, 2023, 1:46 pm

pools are great, didn’t get crowded until today. Water elevator still out, waiting on a part. In Napua, so no idea about the breakfast buffet price. Did go down & have a look at it, wide variety of goodies, can’t justify paying for it on top of Napua $
you mentioned spa in your previous post, but didn't say if open or closed...has it reopened fully like the way it used to be?
enjoy your trip
Old Feb 19, 2023, 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by LovePrunes
you mentioned spa in your previous post, but didn't say if open or closed...has it reopened fully like the way it used to be?
enjoy your trip
Spa looks to be completely under construction/renovation.
Old Feb 19, 2023, 8:18 pm

Spa looks to be completely under construction/renovation.
dang, the saga continues...i think its been closed at least 12=18 months so far? yowza.
Old Feb 20, 2023, 6:38 am

Originally Posted by LovePrunes
dang, the saga continues...i think its been closed at least 12=18 months so far? yowza.
At least the lobby & Botero bar are open and beautiful. My SO had never gotten to see this area before and was wowed.
Old Feb 20, 2023, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
At least the lobby & Botero bar are open and beautiful. My SO had never gotten to see this area before and was wowed.
oh nice! Will you go to morimoto’s where the andaz is so pretty?
have a great time with the SO!!
agreed that there’s a lot of beauty in this part of Maui. We loved the black rock beach area.
ps noted about water elevator etc. My spouse is disappointed to hear about this.
Old Feb 21, 2023, 2:30 pm

Programs: AS gold
Quick update regarding Diamond upgrades. Upon checkin, Feb 22, as a Diamond, using a free night certificate, I was offered:
1. An ocean view room overlooking construction, including a huge 4 story crane between the room and the beach at no additional charge.
2. A terrace room overlooking the huge parking lot at no additional charge.
3. An unobstructed ocean view room for $75 per night.
3. A mountain view Napua room for an additional $400 per night.
5. An ocean view Napua room for an additional $500 per night.

These offers are consistent with our recent stays at Hilton resorts in Tucson and California, where we have been offered at most a one category
upgrade and the Hilton is monetizing anything above that.
comeflywme likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2023, 2:56 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by macfadsj
Quick update regarding Diamond upgrades. Upon checkin, Feb 22, as a Diamond, using a free night certificate, I was offered:
1. An ocean view room overlooking construction, including a huge 4 story crane between the room and the beach at no additional charge.

These offers are consistent with our recent stays at Hilton resorts in Tucson and California, where we have been offered at most a one category
Appreciate the info! Curious what you ended up going with. Any regrets?
Old Feb 21, 2023, 3:48 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by macfadsj

What was your original room?
Old Feb 21, 2023, 5:42 pm

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Never heard of a Mountain view Napua room. In any event, you do get just a few extra amenities with a Napua Tower room...
Beachchaser likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2023, 7:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
First visit to GW. Staying 4 nights in March. If I were to get a complimentary Diamond upgrade → Ocean View or Deluxe Ocean View, what wing should I ask for? Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 21, 2023, 7:56 pm

is the $25 per person $50 max food and beverage credit still active?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.