Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort {US-HI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2022, 12:57 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by CalvaryMike
I'm going to need a car while I'm there. Since they raised the daily parking fee to $65, what do you tip the valet? And is that on the way in, out or both? I know it's not the fault of the valets, but $65 a day is ridiculous. With no other parking options. I feel they're taking advantage of their clientele. When I booked this trip, the parking wasn't that high.
If you have a confirmation from when you booked that shows a lower fee, they should honor it.

People are all over the lot with what they tip valets, we do it on pick-up only, not drop off.
Old May 14, 2022, 12:59 pm

I am in the park on the street camp. Unless you need a car everyday, a few walks on the beach path to get your car behind the Fairmont beats waiting for the valet to get your car, not to mention the ridiculous bill and having to think about how much to tip.
CalvaryMike likes this.
Old May 14, 2022, 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
If you have a confirmation from when you booked that shows a lower fee, they should honor it.

People are all over the lot with what they tip valets, we do it on pick-up only, not drop off.
Thanks. I didn't think about that. My confirmation shows $45 for valet parking.
Old May 15, 2022, 12:58 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, UA Million Miler Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Beachchaser
I am noticing this as well, hopefully they will open op inventory soon.
March is Spring Break. It is rare to find value in Maui and at GW but it certainly will not happen in March or the second half of December.
Old May 16, 2022, 11:47 pm

Visited last week. No issue checking in using parent's reservation. Even was able to extend the same room more nights as hotel opened up availability and burned more FNCs across a few accounts.

Hotel is undergoing construction but they did open Botero lounge and the sushi is good albeit expensive. They have some fun dishes like Kobe A5 and nice sashimi. Chef is very friendly and came by twice to talk to us, this was their second day open. Good place to burn the $250 Amex credits though I probably would not go often as it does end up being expensive (our dinner or two was over $250).

Old May 17, 2022, 9:37 am

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
Thanks, drekin, we were too early for the lounge reopening last stay at the GW, but will definitely walk over from next door in November. Although the prices are high, not really more so than the neighboring resorts and being surrounded by, IDK, $50 million in fine art kinda takes the sting out of the bill. Best I could tell, construction worked around most, if not all, of the sculptures which were wrapped and protected like preparing for the Blitz.
Old May 18, 2022, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by HawkeyeFlyer
March is Spring Break. It is rare to find value in Maui and at GW but it certainly will not happen in March or the second half of December.
I am perplexed on how there are no standard rooms 11 months out which is the furthest you can book a room.
Old May 18, 2022, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by Beachchaser
I am perplexed on how there are no standard rooms 11 months out which is the furthest you can book a room.
Previous user was not accurate IMO. Plenty of people on this thread got Xmas space when it opened up in January. Spring Break hasn't been too difficult to get IME pre-pandemic, and got it last year fwiw. Things are nuts now though, hard to gauge.

I called in-house reservations and asked about them no opening up past Feb and one week in March. It seems that they are planning room availability around construction. The agent promised it would be opening up, probably within the coming weeks.
Old May 18, 2022, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by tjbrooks
Previous user was not accurate IMO. Plenty of people on this thread got Xmas space when it opened up in January. Spring Break hasn't been too difficult to get IME pre-pandemic, and got it last year fwiw. Things are nuts now though, hard to gauge.

I called in-house reservations and asked about them no opening up past Feb and one week in March. It seems that they are planning room availability around construction. The agent promised it would be opening up, probably within the coming weeks.
were you able to confirm this was for standard rooms?
Old May 18, 2022, 2:51 pm

All rooms types You can't even book with cash right now.

Pure speculation on my part, but likely related to the planned new wings where the chapel is, that are in limbo due to new Maui County laws trying to keep tourist numbers in check.....
Old May 18, 2022, 2:57 pm

All rooms types You can't even book with cash right now.

Pure speculation on my part, but likely related to the planned new wings where the chapel is, that are in limbo due to new Maui County laws trying to keep tourist numbers in check.....
ok, I see reservations are now open through mid April but all premium rewards.
Old May 18, 2022, 8:30 pm

Looks like they did release a lot more today (I checked yesterday) but still weird where some weeks are blocked out, between weeks with full standard availability.
Old May 18, 2022, 8:48 pm

[QUOTE=tjbrooks;34262063]Looks like they did release a lot more today (I checked yesterday) but still weird where some weeks are blocked out, between weeks with full standard availability.[/QUOTE ] where did you find weeks of standard award availability? I was only able to find 7 days for 1 week over the next 12 months.
Old May 19, 2022, 8:34 am

I misspoke, I was referring to the single week in early March with standard space for about 7-9 days. Two of those days are now gone.
Old May 19, 2022, 10:48 pm

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, UA Million Miler Gold, Marriott Platinum

The only two years I have missed going to GW over Christmas in the last 21years were during covid. I have also been in March, June and July over the years. I am telling you I am not wrong. Re-read my post, I said finding VALUE. You can get reward night but they are high points, especially in recent years. How many standard rooms do you think they are offering.....the bare minimum required I assure you and how many people are on line or the phone at midnight the day they become eligible trying to get those same rooms. I booked for October about 6 weeks ago and felt lucky to get rooms at 110,000 per night

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.