Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort {US-HI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2022, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by Cledaybuck
The flight will be like any other Southwest flight you have ever been on with few more snacks. I would think if you were in your car by 8, you would be fine, especially if you have pre check.
that swa snack box for a 5 hr flight wasn't enough, next time I will make sure to hit the food court.
Old Apr 5, 2022, 6:29 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by Beachchaser
that swa snack box for a 5 hr flight wasn't enough, next time I will make sure to hit the food court.
It certainly isn't a full meal. I was fine having had a big breakfast that morning, but was certainly hungry by the time we got to SAN. I wouldn't kill me to miss a few meals though.
Old Apr 5, 2022, 11:57 pm

Programs: UA - 1K, Marriott - Titanium, Hilton - Diamond, Hertz - PC
Here for a few more days, happy to field or find answers to any questions you may have
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 2:29 am

Originally Posted by ethw
Here for a few more days, happy to field or find answers to any questions you may have
I would like to know, if the ground floor rooms ( in the area, between Chapel wing & Napua tower) are good room to request . They are listed as ocean view room.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by vnfilm1
I would like to know, if the ground floor rooms ( in the area, between Chapel wing & Napua tower) are good room to request . They are listed as ocean view room.
Your view is going to be better if you go higher up, although as someone mentioned up above, all rooms are a good distance from the water. If you want to be able just walk out your patio onto the grass, they are good rooms.

Edit: I might take that back. Where are we talking? I didn't realize there was an area between the Chapel wing and the Napua tower.

Last edited by Cledaybuck; Apr 6, 2022 at 11:00 am
Old Apr 6, 2022, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by vnfilm1
Yes there's a view of the ocean, in the background, behind the chapel and the nice lawn area. If you anticipate going in and out of the room, those rooms will be great. You will see more ocean the higher you go if that is important.

Chapel Wing (VIew from Wailea Wing)

Room 0037 Chapel Wing

Chapel Wing

View from Room 0037 patio area
Old Apr 6, 2022, 1:39 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
If my ground floor room was right across from the pool, that would be great. But here they are not. Although that's pretty nice furniture - I don't recall our balcony furniture being padded like that, maybe I just don't remember.

Can you go inside the Chapel?
Old Apr 6, 2022, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by ethw
Yes there's a view of the ocean, in the background, behind the chapel and the nice lawn area. If you anticipate going in and out of the room, those rooms will be great. You will see more ocean the higher you go if that is important.
The problem with going in and out of the room that way is that there is no way to lock the sliding door behind you.
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
Yes.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 2:38 pm

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
If my ground floor room was right across from the pool, that would be great. But here they are not. Although that's pretty nice furniture - I don't recall our balcony furniture being padded like that, maybe I just don't remember.

Same padding and furniture they have had for years.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by Cledaybuck
The problem with going in and out of the room that way is that there is no way to lock the sliding door behind you.
Yes.

That's true. Put valuables in the safe, should be ok!!
Old Apr 6, 2022, 9:05 pm

[QUOTE=Eujeanie;34142820]If my ground floor room was right across from the pool, that would be great. But here they are not. Although that's pretty nice furniture - I don't recall our balcony furniture being padded like that, maybe I just don't remember.

Chapel wing is pretty close to the adult pool. Lagoon wing rooms are really close to the main pool/lazy river, no ocean view on the ground floor though.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 9:29 pm

[QUOTE=ethw;34143875]

Chapel wing is pretty close to the adult pool. Lagoon wing rooms are really close to the main pool/lazy river, no ocean view on the ground floor though.
I was in a ground floor Chapel room a few weeks ago and had an ocean view. It’s nothing like the 8th floor room I had on my previous stay, but you can still see plenty of ocean. I preferred the proximity of the chapel room to the lobby, pools, and gym. However, I did miss my mornings and evenings staring at the ocean, whale spotting that is afforded when you are higher up.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 9:48 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Any word on when the renovation work in the lobby will be finished? I was here last Oct, and have another stay this Oct. Surely it will be finished by then?
Old Apr 6, 2022, 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by msp3
Any word on when the renovation work in the lobby will be finished? I was here last Oct, and have another stay this Oct. Surely it will be finished by then?
The walls are down and they were working on the fountains when I was there a couple weeks ago. I’m not sure what their scope is, but with the walls coming down it should be a good sign that things are wrapping up.
msp3 likes this.

Last edited by brodielayne; Apr 7, 2022 at 8:25 am
Old Apr 8, 2022, 7:40 pm

using parent's reservation and wristbands

My and my brother's family are planning to arrive in early May (total 8 people across two rooms), but rooms are booked using FNCs on free nights in our parent's names. Any issue checking in "first" or should we just get our parent's ids and pretend to be them? Do they still apply wristbands at checkin.

I know the checkin is pretty relaxed, but since there are 8 of us outside of the two parents who are not arriving, if they are strict on wristbands the "parents checking in later" might not work.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.