Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort {US-HI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2021, 4:49 am

Programs: All
Originally Posted by Beachchaser
When I booked the fees were $45 for self parking and $65 for valet, I have read reviews on ta stating due to renovations they are valet only. Could any recent stays confirm this?
Confirmed last week - Valet only at $65 plus tax !
Old Sep 12, 2021, 7:13 am

Originally Posted by ma_zeoli
any chance to get them to honor the self parking price since they eliminated this option temporarily. I would rather spend that extra $150 locally.
Old Sep 12, 2021, 7:25 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Are they still renting cars from the property? Any recent experiences with this. I know car rentals are a huge issue in Hawai'i during COVID times. TIA.
Old Sep 12, 2021, 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Are they still renting cars from the property? Any recent experiences with this. I know car rentals are a huge issue in Hawai'i during COVID times. TIA.
yes the enterprise is still operating but the rates for 2 days were more than the 7 days I reserved through Costco, no experience with the on site enterprise location.
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2021, 4:40 am

Programs: All
any chance to get them to honor the self parking price since they eliminated this option temporarily. I would rather spend that extra $150 locally.
They told me no exceptions but worth a try. It is due to the on-going construction of the front entrance. And to think this is not very Covid friendly !
Old Sep 13, 2021, 6:52 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
yes the enterprise is still operating but the rates for 2 days were more than the 7 days I reserved through Costco, no experience with the on site enterprise location.
Will look into Costco as an option, thanks
Old Sep 13, 2021, 7:13 am

Will look into Costco as an option, thanks
you are welcome, I booked back in March for October as a placeholder, my reservation for maui (7 days) is still about 45% more even after the market correction, my 4 day reservation on oahu dropped about 15% so I was able to cancel and rebook.
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2021, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

When I booked the fees were $45 for self parking and $65 for valet, I have read reviews on ta stating due to renovations they are valet only. Could any recent stays confirm this?
Originally Posted by ma_zeoli
This must be new. I was there 7-25 to 7-29 and they had self parking.
Old Sep 13, 2021, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by Baze
This must be new. I was there 7-25 to 7-29 and they had self parking.
according to the response I got it started on 8/10.
Old Sep 13, 2021, 2:51 pm

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
according to the response I got it started on 8/10.
Do you know how long construction is supposed to take? I am booked for February but might cancel if this is still going on.
Old Sep 13, 2021, 4:53 pm

you are welcome, I booked back in March for October as a placeholder, my reservation for maui (7 days) is still about 45% more even after the market correction, my 4 day reservation on oahu dropped about 15% so I was able to cancel and rebook.
Just booked from OGG and kept for entire stay?
Beachchaser likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 4:13 am

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Will be staying in the Napua Tower in early October. Just wrote Concierge to ask about the construction issue and possible Omo substitution.
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 7:01 am

Just booked from OGG and kept for entire stay?
Yes, I plan to do an excursion, make a run to Costco or Safeway, get a few lunches out go to dinner every evening and possibly hit up haleakala so I figured the lack ok uber/lyft and the convenience of having a car was worth the cost of a rental and daily parking fee.
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
I miss the $45 daily valet fee plus $2 tip. $65? That’s sticker shock to me. I have the rental because we stay in kaanapali and use the car often; but boy do we rarely use it in Wailea except for suppers. I guess that’s why we need the rental. Yet another excuse to not fly to OGG right now.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 8:22 pm

$65 is absolutely absurd!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.