Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort {US-HI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2021, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by BlueZebra
I don't recognize the name.

Diamond upgrades to the Napua Tower are rare, and technically violate the T&Cs, but they do occasionally happen. If you get one, enjoy it. Say hi to Zenith. You will know who she is very quickly.
Very possible he/she’s a concierge who can help out in Napua when needed then. Oh well, it’ll be amazing if it happens and hopefully still an amazing trip if it doesn’t. Just wasn’t sure if it was a sign of something promising.
Old Jun 17, 2021, 1:35 pm

Also not sure if this means anything, but when I replied to the email, I got an automated message that said they were out of the office till Monday, but if I needed anything to contact [email protected]. Not sure if standard rooms would get access to that email? Ugh. As I said I’m fine either way, but feel a little like I’ve been teased if this doesn’t pan out. Lol.
BlueZebra likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2021, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by April Dae Jimmeye
We leave on the 29th for a 7 night stay booked with points. I received an email last night from our concierge, asking questions about group names and ages and arrival times. I noticed her title was Guest Ambassador/Napua Club Personal Concierge. So I realize this is probably a silly question based on hopelessly wishful thinking, but if you are assigned a Napua Club concierge, does that mean you’ve been upgraded to NC? Or do all of their concierges bear that title? As a diamond I’m hoping for a decent upgrade, but of course will be happy with anything, as this trip is already a bargain at free.
i received a similar email prior to my arrival from someone with the same title and was not upgraded to NC. Did receive an upgrade to ocean view though
Old Jun 17, 2021, 5:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM, HH Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold (UA comp)
Originally Posted by BlueZebra
I don't recognize the name.

Diamond upgrades to the Napua Tower are rare, and technically violate the T&Cs, but they do occasionally happen. If you get one, enjoy it. Say hi to Zenith. You will know who she is very quickly.
Si'i is very sweet, she upgraded us as Diamond to Napua last month- totally made the stay since the club with daily breakfast and evening snack with open bar kept us smiling. This was just as the surge was starting though, so obviously YMMV.
Why not call her and find out?
BlueZebra likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2021, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by weezl
Si'i is very sweet, she upgraded us as Diamond to Napua last month- totally made the stay since the club with daily breakfast and evening snack with open bar kept us smiling. This was just as the surge was starting though, so obviously YMMV.
Why not call her and find out?
Great advice. Per her auto email response she’s out of the office till Monday, but I’ll ring her and ask then. Here’s hoping!
Old Jun 20, 2021, 9:58 pm

Questions on eStandby Upgrade at Grand Wailea...

Hi there, new to the forum. Have a trip to Maui for the upcoming week; Needed a suite for two days of the stay...

The award availability is fairly okay for dates close to check-in (people canceling reservation around the 72 hrs window?). I was able to snuggle three days with points and award certificates (on separate reservations due to availability). ~24 hours after made the first reservation, there's an email from nor1upgrade, with a reasonable price for upgrading to a suite. However, no upgrade options email was received for the second reservation... Questions here:

1) for the 'estandby', what's the chance for getting clear? Right now, I can see the suites offered are all on sale. I understand this is not a guaranteed upgrade, but will I get the upgrade, as long as the selected room type is on sale at the time of check-in?

2) for the reservation not being offered the 'etandby' option, will call the hotel directly help? Will the front desk able to pull some options? Again, I'm not familiar with the 'estandby', and found mixed answers on FT.

Any help will be appreciated! Thanks
Old Jun 24, 2021, 7:32 pm

"Empty" Doesn't Mean "Available for Upgrade"

Originally Posted by qdlzh
Questions on eStandby Upgrade at Grand Wailea...

Hi there, new to the forum. Have a trip to Maui for the upcoming week; Needed a suite for two days of the stay...

The award availability is fairly okay for dates close to check-in (people canceling reservation around the 72 hrs window?). I was able to snuggle three days with points and award certificates (on separate reservations due to availability). ~24 hours after made the first reservation, there's an email from nor1upgrade, with a reasonable price for upgrading to a suite. However, no upgrade options email was received for the second reservation... Questions here:

1) for the 'estandby', what's the chance for getting clear? Right now, I can see the suites offered are all on sale. I understand this is not a guaranteed upgrade, but will I get the upgrade, as long as the selected room type is on sale at the time of check-in?

2) for the reservation not being offered the 'etandby' option, will call the hotel directly help? Will the front desk able to pull some options? Again, I'm not familiar with the 'estandby', and found mixed answers on FT.

Any help will be appreciated! Thanks
1) There is no way to know beforehand if the standby paid upgrade will be available at check-in. If a particular room or suite type is available for a paid reservation, that does not mean that it is available for standby or complimentary upgrade. That depends on what the hotel's revenue management system and managers believe they should make available. Remember too that (while sometimes front desk managers make exceptions) in order to be available for complimentary or standby upgrades, the room you are upgrading to needs to be available for your entire stay. In your case each of the reservations would likely be regarded as a separate stay for this purpose. Sometimes at check-in they will ask if you want them to combine the reservations so that you don't have to go through the hassle of getting new room keys or possibly having to change rooms.

2) If standby upgrades are not being offered, it is generally a sign that at least one night of your stay is heavily booked. Calling ahead is usually only a good idea if you are willing to pay for the upgrade.
Old Jun 27, 2021, 12:05 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Gold - cheapass economy flyer!
Originally Posted by qdlzh
So - did you get it? And did you have to pay?
Old Jun 27, 2021, 6:52 pm

Is the water elevator still closed?
Old Jun 28, 2021, 6:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Gold - cheapass economy flyer!
Originally Posted by miss_travel
Is the water elevator still closed?
You got me curious, so I just called and asked. Yes, still closed - and they did not know when it would be reopened. Sorry for the bad news.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 3:55 pm

One of my children is almost exactly 48" - I remember staying at a Hyatt some years ago where they were very precise about height checks. Does anyone think my child runs a risk of getting turned away from the slides? Does anyone recall whether removal of flip-flops is required?
Old Jul 11, 2021, 1:33 am

Any updates on the pool chair reservation system? Do they still make you wait in a long line? And does that system apply at the beach as well? Thanks!
Old Jul 11, 2021, 5:14 pm

Does anyone know how far our they release availability for points stays? I figured a year, but I'm looking at late June 2022 and it's saying no availability for a 5 night reservation. Is that likely to change?
Thanks!
Old Jul 11, 2021, 5:38 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by Gloopgop
Does anyone know how far our they release availability for points stays? I figured a year, but I'm looking at late June 2022 and it's saying no availability for a 5 night reservation. Is that likely to change?
Thanks!
Go look again - I'm seeing 95K for many nights in a row at the end of June. I'd jump on them before they disappear. Of course, it might not be your exact dates but search by flexible dates to see full availability.
Old Jul 11, 2021, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
Go look again - I'm seeing 95K for many nights in a row at the end of June. I'd jump on them before they disappear. Of course, it might not be your exact dates but search by flexible dates to see full availability.
Using flexible dates, I don't see anything after June 23 and nothing at all in July. Wondering if I should just pick from what's available, or hold out. Ideally I'd love June 26 - July 1.
Also just noticed that there are no rooms available those dates for cash, either. Seems weird.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.