Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Rolling VIP Tier Qualification, Now Terminated: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rolling VIP Tier Qualification, Now Terminated: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2005, 5:04 pm

Programs: PC Gold; SPG AAA; HiHo Silver; Hrtz Gld; Emld Clb; UA NWA NoBody; VA EleVAte; WN MooMoo
I logged in my HHonors account today. The rolling tier works for me.
Old Feb 9, 2005, 5:36 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Originally Posted by Marq
Westcoaster:

System didn't actually say I had requalified. It said I needed three nights by Aug and I had already stayed three more nights that had not been recorded yet. Now I wonder if it will ever say I have requalified.

Marc
Thanks. Hopefully someone will get an indication when they requalify. My qualifying stay isn't until next week. Maybe they update at the end of each calendar month or something.
Old Feb 9, 2005, 10:04 pm

Programs: PC Gold; SPG AAA; HiHo Silver; Hrtz Gld; Emld Clb; UA NWA NoBody; VA EleVAte; WN MooMoo
Official: Rolling VIP Status

Just got an email from Hilton about the VIP Rolling Status.
Old Feb 9, 2005, 10:23 pm

No official e-mail in my inbox yet, but the rolling tier works in my HH account when I log in.

Do any of you think there's any chance that any of the other hotel chains will jump on this wagon and start offering rolling Elite qualification period as well?
Old Feb 9, 2005, 11:29 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, UA Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond/Ambassador, Hyatt Explor
Since I am already Diamond I didn't receive an email, but my second account(blue) got the email notice. After I logged in and check the requirements...4 more stays before the end of Oct. 2005 to maintain my Diamond status! I will have my all four stays by March 4th!

Edit.... I was a bit confused before, but a closer look show that the chart only tells you how many night you would need to maintain the ranks, not the number of nights needed like in a "Fast Track" programe. So it is still required to have the 28 stays within the 12 months period to maintain Diamond or whatever status you are trying to maintain. So basically under this new programe, I have an additional two months to maintain my status if I don't qualify by Dec, 2005.

Last edited by Motion122; Feb 9, 2005 at 11:40 pm
Old Feb 10, 2005, 5:54 am

Location: ORF & AUS; I have an ex-wife and and an ex-house in both cities.
Programs: AA Gold, DL GM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Rolling status????

Got this email today:

A New Way to Earn Hilton HHonors VIP Status
Great news! Now Hilton HHonors allows you to carry over stays from the prior calendar year to help you achieve HHonors VIP status. Starting now, you can earn or maintain your VIP status based on qualifying stays, nights or Base points earned in a rolling 12 month consecutive period. Other hotel reward programs only count earnings within a calendar year (January 1 through December 31). Only Hilton HHonors gives you the ability to reach the next VIP tier based on your own personal travel pattern. For details on HHonors membership levels, click here.

How Close Is Your Next HHonors VIP Tier?
If you’d like to see how close you are to reaching your next tier level, please sign in to your HHonors account online and check out the new
Rolling VIP Tier Upgrade chart.

Hilton HHonors Your Way
Remember, only Hilton HHonors lets you Double Dip® your way at any of
more than 2,700 Hilton®, Conrad®, Coral by Hilton, Doubletree®,
Embassy Suites Hotels®, Hampton Inn®, Hampton Inn & Suites®,
Hilton Garden Inn®, Hilton Grand Vacations Club®, Homewood Suites
by Hilton® and Scandic hotels worldwide. Plus you can earn airline miles
with any of more than 55 airline partners. For reservations or to access
your HHonors account, visit Hiltonfamily.com.

We look forward to welcoming you to a Hilton Family hotel soon!

Sincerely,

Mary E. Parks
Vice President, Marketing
Hilton HHonors Worldwide
Old Feb 10, 2005, 6:10 am

Programs: HHonors Silver
Lots of discussion and speculation at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=396576
Old Feb 10, 2005, 6:18 am

Location: ORF & AUS; I have an ex-wife and and an ex-house in both cities.
Programs: AA Gold, DL GM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Shoot...I did a search....Can't believe I missed that...Oh well.

Thanks.
Old Feb 10, 2005, 7:35 am
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
I think it's great, and love this feature on the site to let you know where you are, not that it's all that hard to figure out on your own.

Maintain Diamond VIP status by completing...

7 more qualifying stays before the end of February 2005, or
10 more qualifying stays before the end of April 2005, or
11 more qualifying stays before the end of May 2005, or
12 more qualifying stays before the end of June 2005, or
15 more qualifying stays before the end of July 2005, or
17 more qualifying stays before the end of August 2005, or
19 more qualifying stays before the end of September 2005, or
21 more qualifying stays before the end of October 2005, or
25 more qualifying stays before the end of January 2006, or
27 more qualifying stays before the end of February 2006
Old Feb 10, 2005, 8:04 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors Gold, Delta Silver Medallion, Hyatt Discoverist
Sure, it's nice to know I only need five more stays by June to requalify to Diamond and those are already booked. I'm wondering at the downside of all this, namely the swelling in the ranks of Diamonds, which will make it harder to get perks?
Sure, it's great for more of us to get more points, miles, etc. But if more people start booking award stays by virtue of all the points we've accumulated, won't Hilton start again bumping up the points needed to cash in? All of a sudden, the 175,000 I spent on a GLONP2 will seem like a bargain. Status is nice, so long as something is conferred. It's hard to get an upgrade if 100 Diamonds show up at the desk to check in.
Perhaps this will herald a super-elite Hilton tier. Not that I would qualify. I made my first Diamond the hard way last year, 28 stays, 29 nights. My wife thought I was crazy, but I didn't hear her complaining about not paying for six nights at the HWV.
Old Feb 10, 2005, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by kingalien
Since this post I have had four stays and all have posted to my account and the rolling tier now reads:

8 more qualifying stays before the end of April 2005, or
I had a single night at a Hampton Inn this weekend. It incremented my 'stay' and 'night' buckets in my profile yesterday, but the chart still is not updated today. For those who have seen the chart updated with stays, how long after the stay did you see the chart updated?
Old Feb 10, 2005, 12:07 pm

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
Originally Posted by murrayhill
Sure, it's nice to know I only need five more stays by June to requalify to Diamond and those are already booked. I'm wondering at the downside of all this, namely the swelling in the ranks of Diamonds, which will make it harder to get perks?
I'm convinced that if you are already Diamond, your 5 stays will merely "re-confirm" your status, and not extend your expiration date. Of course, I'd like to be proved wrong so that I can start hitting Starwood hard--but Hilton knows that and that's why I don't expect that 5 stays in Feb will make me Diamond thru 4/07. Reading thru this thread, I expect that there are going to be some disappointed people.
Old Feb 10, 2005, 12:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Jailer
I'm convinced that if you are already Diamond, your 5 stays will merely "re-confirm" your status, and not extend your expiration date. Of course, I'd like to be proved wrong so that I can start hitting Starwood hard--but Hilton knows that and that's why I don't expect that 5 stays in Feb will make me Diamond thru 4/07. Reading thru this thread, I expect that there are going to be some disappointed people.
I agree, from what I am reading this doesn't continually extend your stay. But I do like it - for people like me that missed out on Diamond last year and weren't willing to make a matress run, this gives me a chance to make it early this year.

I'll have Diamond at the end of this month if I don't end up cancellling anything.
Old Feb 10, 2005, 12:11 pm

Programs: HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by Jailer
I'm convinced that if you are already Diamond, your 5 stays will merely "re-confirm" your status, and not extend your expiration date.
It all depends on when the elite status expires - 12 months from the last "re-confirmation" or the end of the next calendar year.
Old Feb 10, 2005, 12:22 pm

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
Originally Posted by omegadeal
I agree, from what I am reading this doesn't continually extend your stay. But I do like it - for people like me that missed out on Diamond last year and weren't willing to make a matress run, this gives me a chance to make it early this year.

I'll have Diamond at the end of this month if I don't end up cancellling anything.
Don't get me wrong, as I posted a page or two earlier, I think it's a neat enhancement, just not quite the giveaway that some folks want to project.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.