Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Rolling VIP Tier Qualification, Now Terminated: The Definitive Thread

Rolling VIP Tier Qualification, Now Terminated: The Definitive Thread

Old Feb 4, 2005, 8:16 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
pdhenry, thank you for explaining everything so clearly!

So, many of us will requalify early this year for Diamond which will carry us through 12/2006. If we don't make any more Hilton stays for the rest of this year and next, we will lose our Diamond status in January 2007.

Then in January 2007 we should call the Diamond Desk and ask for a fast track to Diamond promotion to regain it back!
Old Feb 4, 2005, 8:32 pm

Programs: HH Dia, HGVC Owner, MR Plat
what was the fast track Diamond promotion - like 8 stays in 90 days..?
Old Feb 4, 2005, 9:12 pm

Programs: HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by kevino
So, many of us will requalify early this year for Diamond which will carry us through 12/2006. If we don't make any more Hilton stays for the rest of this year and next, we will lose our Diamond status in January 2007.
That's my interpretation. Note that some people have been told by the Diamond Desk that the drop-off date will still be April (I still don't believe it).
Old Feb 4, 2005, 11:25 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
This is pretty excellent, if I can requalify in early 2005 until the end of 2006. Almost gives me two years of status, I guess?

I just need one more stay before the end of March to maintain Diamond...so if that means I have status until the end of 2006, that's great.

Especially, I think this will make it easier for me to maintain top status in all my three chains - normally, my Diamond status at Hilton would have expired in early 2006, so I would have had to requalify in 2005 (as I have to with SPG and Hyatt). This way, I can focus on requalifying with SPG and Hyatt in 2005 and the first half of 2006 and then focus on Hilton in late 2006, preferably completing 28 stays in early 2007 (and thereby extending until the end of 2008).

I am not sure how it helps HH business-wise, but I like and appreciate it .

Last edited by Football Fan; Feb 4, 2005 at 11:30 pm
Old Feb 5, 2005, 4:55 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
I certainly hope they add a field to show us when our status is set to expire. Maybe they'll send out new cards each time someone requalifies, but I'd like to see my expiration date online.
Old Feb 5, 2005, 5:25 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Originally Posted by Westcoaster
I certainly hope they add a field to show us when our status is set to expire. Maybe they'll send out new cards each time someone requalifies, but I'd like to see my expiration date online.
If they did not mis-word the terms completely, it is pretty clear to me that if you qualify at any time in a given calendar year based on the rolling schedule, status will expire at the end of next year.

Examples:

1) I complete my 28th stay on the rolling schedule in February 2005 -> status expires in Dec. 2006.

2) I complete my 28th stay on the rolling schedule in December 2005 -> status expires in Dec. 2006.

I might be wrong, but that is how their terms and conditions sound.

It has the weird effect that if I get my 28th stay in December 2005, I will be qualified until December 2006, but if I have another stay in January 2006 that is the 28th on a rolling schedule since January 2005, I will be qualified until December 2007, just by doing that one additional stay, so to say.

Last edited by Football Fan; Feb 5, 2005 at 5:29 am
Old Feb 5, 2005, 6:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

I cannot see it on my account screen.

Oh well maybe later!!

Regards

TBS

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Feb 5, 2005 at 7:41 am
Old Feb 5, 2005, 7:13 am

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Accor Gold
Originally Posted by attorney28
If they did not mis-word the terms completely, it is pretty clear to me that if you qualify at any time in a given calendar year based on the rolling schedule, status will expire at the end of next year.
This is my interpretation of the website. No more April change over. As anyone receive an email regarding this? They usually send a message to anounce big bonuses, I would suspect this will count as a big news.

I think this will change nothing unless you loose status. Then you will loose without the extension until April.
Old Feb 5, 2005, 8:41 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Originally Posted by attorney28

Examples:

1) I complete my 28th stay on the rolling schedule in February 2005 -> status expires in Dec. 2006.

2) I complete my 28th stay on the rolling schedule in December 2005 -> status expires in Dec. 2006.

I might be wrong, but that is how their terms and conditions sound.

It has the weird effect that if I get my 28th stay in December 2005, I will be qualified until December 2006, but if I have another stay in January 2006 that is the 28th on a rolling schedule since January 2005, I will be qualified until December 2007, just by doing that one additional stay, so to say.
I don't disagree with you in the least. I've just always thought that they should have the expiry date on our account where we can see it. With all of the discussions we've had on FT about someone receiving a card with an expiry date 2 years away and wondering if it's right and with a new program that affects SO many people who aren't on FT, Hilton could save themselves and their customers some grief by putting the expiry date there in black and white (or blue and white or whatever color someone's screen is.) How hard could it be?
Old Feb 5, 2005, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by Westcoaster
I don't disagree with you in the least. I've just always thought that they should have the expiry date on our account where we can see it. With all of the discussions we've had on FT about someone receiving a card with an expiry date 2 years away and wondering if it's right and with a new program that affects SO many people who aren't on FT, Hilton could save themselves and their customers some grief by putting the expiry date there in black and white (or blue and white or whatever color someone's screen is.) How hard could it be?
I fully agree.
Old Feb 5, 2005, 1:11 pm

Well, as far as I can tell there is nothing official from HH. I could not find any way to get to the Rolling VIP Tier website without using the link (i.e. no links to click on). I suspect that it is a new policy and more details to come. You are both right that they will need to place an official "termination" date along with your status level on their website.
Old Feb 6, 2005, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by fromYXU
Well, as far as I can tell there is nothing official from HH. I could not find any way to get to the Rolling VIP Tier website without using the link (i.e. no links to click on). I suspect that it is a new policy and more details to come. You are both right that they will need to place an official "termination" date along with your status level on their website.
Did you see this post,

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...89&postcount=7

and the links contained in it?

http://hhonors.hilton.com/en/hhonors...mbership_tiers

https://www.hiltonhhonors.com/activi...TierChart.aspx
Old Feb 6, 2005, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Thanks for the link attorney 28.

Looks nifty.

Regards

TBS
Old Feb 6, 2005, 2:40 pm

Thank you for the links, but I have seen these already. My point is that if you simply log on to HH the links are not obvious, and nothing there points to these changes. FTers often find links/promotions/news before they are made obvious. I suspect these will come over the next week or so.
Old Feb 7, 2005, 3:36 pm

You can now access the Rolling VIP Tier Upgrade website directly from your HHonors Activity page. Still no more information regarding termination dates.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.