Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Luxembourg (was Hilton Luxembourg) {LUX}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Luxembourg (was Hilton Luxembourg) {LUX}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2001, 6:46 am
DOC 2 BE

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by I'mNeverHome:
any news on when this is going to be in the system?</font>

I've just received word that you should be able to book this hotel via HHonors telephone reservations!!

The Hilton website still does not reflect this property, nor does the Pegasus booking engine.

Good Luck!

[This message has been edited by DOC 2 BE (edited 06-12-2001).]

Old Jun 12, 2001, 10:08 am

Woohoo!

Just Booked a two-night reward stay for July 6th and 7th, can't wait.....

Whoops, nevermind, agent was confusing with another hotel. The Luxembourg Hilton is available for reservations but apparently not for reward stays. In order to avoid the problems i had if you are going to call 1-800-HHONORS, the location code for this property is - LXMHI

Hopefully they will be able to accept points before i get there.
Old Jun 18, 2001, 9:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold
The Hilton Luxembourg can now also be found on Hilton's website.

So long,
Muerz
Old Jun 18, 2001, 10:49 am
DOC 2 BE

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by Muerz:
The Hilton Luxembourg can now also be found on Hilton's website.

So long,
Muerz
</font>
http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/hotels/i...tyhocn=LXMHIHI

Old Jun 23, 2001, 10:13 pm

got a Reward room through Diamond desk, will let you know how it is.
Old Jun 25, 2001, 5:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold
Great news for all FT'ers!

Muerz
Old Jul 30, 2001, 1:39 pm

So i just returned from my European vacation to six countries, but the highlight was being the FIRST person to redeem a HHonors reward for a stay at the Luxembourg Hilton!!!

The hotel was certainly not anywhere near anything else as far as dining and entertainment, but it was still nice. Shortly after arrival they brouhgt me champagne and fruit, and the room i was upgraded to was rather large.

Unfortunately, they were utterly confused when i tried to check out, as it was their first time dealing with a reward certificate.

They said that according to their records the room was booked at a normal rate, and not as afree stay. I told them that it was booked through the Diamond Service Desk, and that i didn't do it myself. They finally let me go, but after all the confusion i wasn't going to try to get my breakfast comped.
Old Sep 8, 2002, 6:51 pm

Hilton Luxembourg - any opinions?

I am considering the Hilton Luxembourg for a weekend break and was wondering if anyone has stayed there. Have tried searching but there's very little on it in (as either Luxembourg or Luxemburg ). In particular, I'm wondering how it compares to 5 star hotels in the UK and how far it *actually* is from the main tourist areas.

Old Sep 8, 2002, 7:35 pm
Suspended

Will staying there Oct 3/5 will write a report hope that not too late for you.
Mike
Old Sep 9, 2002, 5:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
I stayed there a couple of years ago when it was still an InterContinental.

As an I-C, it was fine and offered the I-C perks. I imagine Hilton's Honors perks will compare.

The main thing is the hotel is remote, some 2-3 (?) miles from downtown Lux. We had a car, so that was no problem. I remember bracing country walks up the hill. Otherwise, no strong memories, good or bad.
Old Sep 9, 2002, 8:29 am
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
I stayed there two years ago. It is out of town at the airport, so you'll need a car. It's an average hotel - nothing special, but nothing wrong with it either. There's not a lot of options in Luxembourg City as I recall. We stayed at the Hilton after the hotel we originally booked that was billed as a nice place turned out to be highly unsatisfactory.
Old Sep 9, 2002, 12:22 pm

Thanks for the replies - and we weren't planning anything till closer to Christmas so October reviews eagerly received, thanks!

I see that the hotel has a lot of suites but no Exec floor - I'd be particularly interested to hear if it offers any upgrade for Hhonors members.
Old Sep 9, 2002, 1:07 pm
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
You know, if you want a nice weekend in Luxembourg, visit Echternach. Really a beautiful area, with fabulous hiking, lovely hotels and a charming town. You could still travel to Luxembourg City for a day. We really loved this hotel in Echternach. http://www.hotels.lu/Hotels/Centre/E.../Gran_eng.html
Old Oct 17, 2002, 2:51 pm
Suspended

Hilton Luxembourg - trip report, might want to avoid

Hilton Luxembourg.

Property is a somewhat unattractive 19 story building perched on a hill surrounded by woods
and a short drive from the old hill city of Luxembourg.
Hotel appeared to be fairly full on arrival date (check at Hilton website found only rates which was at least double my booking)

1) At check-in desk CSR could not find my reservation, but presented her with confirmation
print-out and then she had trouble in-putting my Hhhonors number in the system.
Rather dour supervisor comes over and helps and makes a sort of show about my supposed upgrade room on 5th floor.
2) Inquired about if they had executive lounge/breakfast and was told no lounge and since I got ”a room upgrade”, no breakfast .
When I told her what is listed in the Hilton Honors handbook and offered to show her a copy
She said “ I am well aware what the rules are” She then said she would call me in 30 mins after checking with the hotel manager.
Phone call, no breakfast, was told “ we do not serve continental breakfast “
Browsing through room-service menu, first item listed - continental breakfast.

3) Room OK, bit dated furniture does not appear to be much of an upgrade.
No coffee pot, first Hilton I can ever recall not having a small pot in the room.

4) Fire Alarm: About 900 am alarm goes off, instructions given in various languages including English that one should leave room immediately but not take the lifts etc.
Grab my laptop and hurry the wife down 5 flights of stairs ( I suppose I should be glad she did’nt up-grade me to the 19th floor - but then I would have been really, really pissed-off)
Get to the lobby and the staff is going around as if nothing has happened, go over to the concierge desk and told matter a-factly “ oh don’t worry about it” no explanation no nothing.

Check out shortly after, not likely ever come back there.
Stay here only if you need the points or absolutely must. Place appears the understaffed.
The concierge plus his usual job, also parks the cars and brings the luggage down from your room.
Only plusses as far as I am concerned, nice second floor bar and very helpful and very funny British evening concierge, reminds me of Michael Pallin of Monty Phython fame.

Mike
Old Mar 30, 2005, 4:57 pm

Programs: LH SEN (*G), Sixt Platinum, Hilton GOLD VIP, Steigenberger
Thumbs down Worst Hilton Experience...

A few weeks ago I have stayed at the Hilton in Luxembourg. I was driving with my own car to the hotel and had difficulties to find the hotel. If you drive from the center to the Hilton there are signs which show you the way, but if you are coming from the opposite direction, there are no signs or at least I did not find them. By the way, for my taste the hotel is too far away from the city centre. Anyway I parked my car on the free parking area. When I wanted to check in nothing was prepared and they could not find my reservation. The lady behind the counter went into a room behind the checkin and came back after 5 minutes. She asked my for my Credit Card and I handed it over to her. A few seconds later she told me that my Credit Card was not accepted. My GF offered me her Credit Card but I did prefer to use cash deposit. A day later in the Hilton Lyon my Credit Card did work perfectly fine so it was not the credit card which was not working. Things like that can happen. Nothing to worry about.

There were three staff at the Concierge but none of them was offering us a hand for our luggage. There was no benefit at all of being a Hilton Gold. My GF assumed that they overlooked my status. I did not bother to complain and I was very tired after along day of driving from Germany to Luxembourg. Entering the room was making me feel sick. The room was old and dirty and lots of the normal stuff was missing. Maybe because we were checking in late they had nothing else to offer but I have made some photos of the room and I will send them to the General Manager in Luxembourg. Inside the bedside table was a huge mouldy thing. The bathroom needed desperately a renovation! My GF did not want to complain and told me it was just for one night and did not want any more excitement. The breakfast buffet did look nice, but when you go for a second plate, they replaced our knife and fork from the plate and put them onto the table instead of giving us new ones.

Well, overall I will never ever stay at the Hilton in Luxembourg again. I will write to the Director a letter with photos so they might not use the room I slept in again even if they are fully booked.

It was so nice arriving at the Hilton Lyon in contrast to the Hilton Luxembourg. There was a letter of the director and there was a personal letter of the floor manager. Apart from that they placed two plates of sweets into our room. We did not have to ask for the room upgrade, it was done automatically and the service and the friendliness was unbeatable. And the room did look pretty new. The executive lounge was also very good. Nice view and friendly service staff!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.