Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

La Quinta Resort & Club, Curio Collection by Hilton {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

La Quinta Resort & Club, Curio Collection by Hilton {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2012, 9:25 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by lewende
Great report!

I thought you look familiar...you posted a trip report to Hilton Waikoloa Village, right?

Will be there in 3 days, and this report came just in time!
Yes my wife wrote that reprot also, try to have breakfast or lunch at the mountians and dunes golf club house, you can charge to your room and the view there is the best in the resort
Old Jun 25, 2012, 11:19 am

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
I just had my second stay here (week long desert links package) and while the price was great ($150 with $25 credit and unlimited golf) there were some issues. Nice upgrade to Starlight room that was on the side closest to the golf courses which was nice for a 2 minute drive to play. Unfortunately, the A/C broke on day 2 and I came back to a room hotter than the outside temp of 104. I was told it would take 4+ hours to cool down and then asked for another room and if possible, an upgrade, due to having to repack and move. I was transferred to a 1 bedroom spa suite which, while very nice, could have been a condo anywhere and was without much character.

Now for the "issues"

3 of the 5 golf courses in the desert links package would be closed at least part of the time I would be there (three days, 3 of 5 were closed). No notification was given. The Mountain course is nice but gets old after 7 days. The Nicklaus Tournament is great but slow play (I guess in part due to other course closure).

Housekeeping was spotty. The first night my room wasn't touched and I was told because I had the privacy sign out. I was in the shower for 20 minutes before leaving for golf in the morning and it was available for 8+ hours after 0900. They just never returned. Some issue about bottled water being provided and was told I'd have to call room service.

Room charges: After I was moved, I began to notice multiple charges on my room that weren't mine. Front desk said they would investigate and get back with me about the reason but never did. They were taken off and then reappeared a number of times and I had to call multiple times. There was some suggestion I had forgotten the charge but when I asked them to check the time of the charge for one false item and then check a charge I had at the golf course at the same time, they backed off. Sort of ticked me off insinuating I was trying to get out of the charges.

Resort food: Twenty 6 was overpriced and poor quality along with lots of flies both inside and outside. Enough said. Mountain course breakfast was average, sandwich wraps were decent. Ernies bar was decent price for happy hour but portion size very small, good beer prices.

Staff: Mixed bag. Some were really good and some were really bad. The golf course staff were very helpful except for the starters at Nicklaus and Stadium courses. I did find the "cart guys" at the Dunes/Mountain to be friendly if you stopped and let them clean your clubs (for a tip) but if you just wanted to go to the car you'd get "bring the cart back down after unloading your clubs". Front desk by phone were poor and had to speak with managers twice and never did get a call back from one manager regarding a mistaken charge issue. Check-in/out had long lines and no dedicated HHonors line (really staffing with 2 people at 1:00 pm isn't adequate for a resort this size).

Would I return? At this rate, even with the above, yes. For $1,200 I received $175 resort credit, 43,000 HH points (with Q2 promotion), 15 rounds of golf, and an upgrade. Staff could have made the difference between a good stay and a great one.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 8:08 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold
Does anyone have any experience of upgrades here? I stayed here in June and was upgraded to a Spa Villa Suite. I am about to return to the resort and am being todo they no longer upgrade to suites as they are privately owned.

Just curious if anyone knows. I have an estandby offer to a suite that I am debating whether to do or not.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by brit44
Does anyone have any experience of upgrades here? I stayed here in June and was upgraded to a Spa Villa Suite. I am about to return to the resort and am being todo they no longer upgrade to suites as they are privately owned.

Just curious if anyone knows. I have an estandby offer to a suite that I am debating whether to do or not.
I have doen the nor1 suite upgrade and got one with a 2000 SQFT private yard and hot tub for 99 extra a night, i also have asked politely at FD if spa suites were avaiable and if i could have a complimentary upgrade, and was accomidated.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 11:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP(.96MM), AMEX Platinum, United Premier Silver, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum 50, Hilton Gold VIP
i'll be staying at this hotel tomorrow on a $98 Amex FHR rate , called and they said resort fee is waived for Golds and Platinums.. will report back with a review
Old Jul 24, 2012, 8:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP(.96MM), AMEX Platinum, United Premier Silver, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum 50, Hilton Gold VIP
I stayed at the La Quinta Resort & Spa hotel in La Quinta, CA on a $98 Amex FHR Rate

I arrived at 11am for checkin and an early check in was granted. I booked the lowest category room and was upgraded to a Starlight Casita on the 2nd floor of the 900's building which has a private sundeck with 2 lounge chairs and an outdoor table. It feels more like a junior suite since it has a dining room table, living room sofa, tv, fireplace, and bed all in one large room!

$100 resort credit to be used at any of the restaurants, golf, spa, etc. (FHR benefit)

Breakfast for 2 is held at the main restaurant Twenty 6. You can basically order ANYTHING off the breakfast menu including mimosas and it would be taken off at checkout. just charge breakfast to your room. (FHR benefit)

4pm late checkout was granted as well (FHR benefit)

2 bottles of water (dropped off to the room)

Free in-room movie (HHONORS GOLD amenity choice benefit) or 1,000 points

$27 resort fee is waived for HHonors Gold & Diamond members.

Free Internet , Free Parking (display on the dash), and this place is beautiful!!

I highly recommend this hotel because the food is excellent and the staff is very welcoming. Everyone says hello to each other here and this hotel boasts 41 swimming pools and over 50 hot tub jacuzzi's

Last edited by jammanxc; Jul 24, 2012 at 9:07 pm
Old Jul 25, 2012, 11:44 pm

Originally Posted by jammanxc
I stayed at the La Quinta Resort & Spa hotel in La Quinta, CA on a $98 Amex FHR Rate

I arrived at 11am for checkin and an early check in was granted. I booked the lowest category room and was upgraded to a Starlight Casita on the 2nd floor of the 900's building which has a private sundeck with 2 lounge chairs and an outdoor table. It feels more like a junior suite since it has a dining room table, living room sofa, tv, fireplace, and bed all in one large room!

$100 resort credit to be used at any of the restaurants, golf, spa, etc. (FHR benefit)

Breakfast for 2 is held at the main restaurant Twenty 6. You can basically order ANYTHING off the breakfast menu including mimosas and it would be taken off at checkout. just charge breakfast to your room. (FHR benefit)

4pm late checkout was granted as well (FHR benefit)

2 bottles of water (dropped off to the room)

Free in-room movie (HHONORS GOLD amenity choice benefit) or 1,000 points

$27 resort fee is waived for HHonors Gold & Diamond members.

Free Internet , Free Parking (display on the dash), and this place is beautiful!!

I highly recommend this hotel because the food is excellent and the staff is very welcoming. Everyone says hello to each other here and this hotel boasts 41 swimming pools and over 50 hot tub jacuzzi's
I'm currently here at the hotel and originally booked 2 starlights casitas (I think it was $116 in the great giveaway) and was upgraded to a hideaway casita, but was offered $50 per night to upgrade to a spa villa suite and an extra $25 per night for the adjoining room which I took. I had the estandby option for a premium suite but they are all currently occupied.

They have tried to charge resort fee every time I have been here this year. Is that being waived just a FHR benefit I wonder? I'm fully expecting to have to pay it.
Old Jul 29, 2012, 1:48 am

Just as a follow on from this I can confirm that Every HHonors member, regardless of status, has to pay the resort fee.

There may be something that comes up during your stay that would make them comp the resort feel but it is an out of the box fee everyone has to pay.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 11:06 am

I go here maybe 4-5 times a year and am charged the resort fee about 50% of ths time. with no rhyme or reason, i was once charged the resort fee for only one of a two night stay. I am heading there this saturday so I will see what i get for a resort fee on this trip. I am trying the Luxury Hotel and resort collection rate from Chase it seems to have similar benefits as FHR from amex with the free breakfast and 100 credit.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by particlemn
I go here maybe 4-5 times a year and am charged the resort fee about 50% of ths time. with no rhyme or reason, i was once charged the resort fee for only one of a two night stay. I am heading there this saturday so I will see what i get for a resort fee on this trip. I am trying the Luxury Hotel and resort collection rate from Chase it seems to have similar benefits as FHR from amex with the free breakfast and 100 credit.
6 night stay for 2 rooms, was charged 10x daily rate.

If the Chase rate is through Visa Signature it only has $25 credit resort credit, and the breakfast credit is $25 for the Twenty6 per person. 3 pm checkout as opposed to 4pm with FHR.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by brit44
6 night stay for 2 rooms, was charged 10x daily rate.

If the Chase rate is through Visa Signature it only has $25 credit resort credit, and the breakfast credit is $25 for the Twenty6 per person. 3 pm checkout as opposed to 4pm with FHR.
no its similar to the visa signature but it clearly states 100 credit. i looked at the visa and it was just 25. you must have the sapphire prefered or the united explorer or united club card, im not sure if others work also but iy is a different website also can be found here https://explorelhrcollection.com/
Old Aug 3, 2012, 9:06 am

no its similar to the visa signature but it clearly states 100 credit. i looked at the visa and it was just 25. you must have the sapphire prefered or the united explorer or united club card, im not sure if others work also but iy is a different website also can be found here https://explorelhrcollection.com/
Good call, you are right. The Visa Signature offering is inferior to this one.
Old Aug 3, 2012, 8:42 pm
mmo

Wow great rate coming up even for a one night stay. Do you still accumuliate Hilton Honors points when booking this way? Thanks for the tip!^
Old Aug 6, 2012, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by mmo
Wow great rate coming up even for a one night stay. Do you still accumuliate Hilton Honors points when booking this way? Thanks for the tip!^
just got back from a weekend stay. they said i would get points for the stay.
checked in sat at 11:00 am room was ready they put us in a spa villa king fireplace, we had booked traditional casita, got 100 credit taken off bill for dining and retail, and had the breakfast erased from teh bill, it was $85 and included bacon bloddy mary's and a childs breakfast for our 4 year old, but they waived it all. think we will be going back on a sunday in a few weeks when the rate dropps to 98 per night

also they did not charge me the resort fee this time.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 2:15 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Spire
Stayed here weekend of 28th July. Booked lowest priced room and was upgraded to spa suite on check in. $50 resort credit given and resort fee also waived. Had a cheese and fruit platter in the room when we got back from swimming.

Myself and partner had a great time at the hotel. Only slight criticism was the room air conditioning had difficulty keeping room cold, but it was the end of July and very hot outside.

Will certainly be going back. One of the best hiltons I've stayed at.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.