Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

La Quinta Resort & Club, Curio Collection by Hilton {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

La Quinta Resort & Club, Curio Collection by Hilton {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2007, 8:45 pm

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
Recent three night PL stay on a sold out weekend. Placed in upstairs 1700 unit....excellent! Great stay in every aspect.
Old Mar 9, 2007, 11:43 am

me & my family went during the president's day wkend on the PL stay. Its great! they are working on renovation but I still in doubt for their Waldorf-Astoria STatus
Old Mar 18, 2007, 12:53 pm

Spa Villas and Legacy Villas

I am a spa Villa Owner and wanted to update you on situtaion. Spa Villas and legacy Villa are privately owned residences. As a Spa Villa owner you can sign a lease agreement which allows the hotel to rent out rooms of your unit on a per night base and split the room charge. It is a very nice rental siuation for everyone involved, The villas are compltely furnished by hotel and they maintain them completely, and charge you for any repairs. We have owned for about a 2 years and it has worked out wondeful for us. We are also excited about the the new massive pool renovation that will be done in the next year and will increase our revenues in the summer.

The Spa Villas are on the actual la Quinta Resort property near the spa. The legacy villas are new and are off la Quinta Propoerty. Not really sure how this is working out but I would assume people don't like the distnace of the legacy villas
Old May 29, 2007, 11:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Nor1 Upgrades @ La Quinta

Dear holtju2,

Your reservation for xxx xx 2007 at the La Quinta Resort & Club is already confirmed (Confirmation: xxxxxxxxxxx).
currentBookingImg
Currently Reserved Room:
Run of House,
400 sq. ft., 98.96 per stay

As a special offer, you can use the new La Quinta Resort & Club Nor1 Upgrade Program to potentially upgrade this reservation to one of the following premium rooms for as little as $0 extra per night.

Note: Your Hilton HHonors Status offers you a complimentary one room category upgrade if available at check-in. As a special offer, you can use the new La Quinta Resort & Club Nor1 Upgrade Program to potentially upgrade this reservation to one of the following premium rooms for as little as $0 extra per night.

Note: Your Hilton HHonors Status offers you a complimentary one room category upgrade if available at check-in.

How This Works:
1 Click on each premium room upgrade below that interests you, then click the "Continue" Button.
2 Find out at check-in if you get your requested room upgrade.

IF YES
You agree to pay the additional amount stated below for the premium upgrade.

IF NO
Keep the room you originally booked and pay nothing extra.

Hilton HHonors Complimentary Upgrade
(Based on Availability)

Save $110 per night

Starlight Casita 1 King, 462 sq. ft.
* Private enclosed patio or yard with deck chairs, chaise lounge and large umbrella table
* Perfect for stargazing, al fresco dining or sunbathing
* Poolside location with mountain views
* "Cama De Suenos"("Bed of Dreams") King bed with down duvet
* Spacious bathroom with Talavera tile, oversized tub and separate glass enclosed shower
* Early California decor with modern appointments and fireplace

$59 extra per night for Nor1 Upgrade

Save $462 per night

One Bedroom Suite Upgrade, 1100 sq. ft.
* Spectacular mountain views
* Private enclosed patio with deck chairs, chaise lounge and large umbrella table
* Spacious suite offers large master bedroom
* Living room has fireplace, large dining area and bar/kitchen
* Perfect for stargazing, al fresco dining or sunbathing
* "Cama De Suenos" ("Bed of Dreams") Queen beds with down duvet
* Spacious bathroom with Talavera tile, oversized tub and separate glass enclosed shower
* Early California decor with modern appointments and fireplace

$125 extra per night for Nor1 Upgrade

Save $696 per night

Premium Suite Upgrade, 850-2000 sq. ft.
* Spacious suite offers large master bedroom with king size bed
* Living room has fireplace, large dining area and bar/kitchen
* Large enclosed private yard with deck chairs, chaise lounge and umbrella table
* Poolside location with mountain and garden views
* "Cama De Suenos" ("Bed of Dreams") King bed with down duvet. Complimentary rollaway available upon request

La Quinta Resort & Club Nor1 Upgrade Solution

Frequently Asked Questions

1 Who can I contact if I have any other questions regarding my reservation and the Upgrade opportunity?

For questions about your reservation and this upgrade opportunity, please call the hotel directly: La Quinta Resort & Club at 800.598.3828. If you have questions about Nor1 Upgrades in general, please refer to www.nor1.com.

2 What is "Nor1"?

"Nor1" is the brand name associated with the unique process of offering a guest the "opportunity to upgrade" to a premium room at a substantially reduced price, in return for the guest's flexibility of not knowing if he will get the upgrade until check-in. "Nor1" is also the name of the company that developed and supports the software that manages this innovative process.

3 What is an "Upgrade"?

An "Upgrade" is the term used for getting a better room at check-in, than the originally booked room. For example: A guest initially books a standard room, however at check-in he is informed that he has been "Upgraded" to a better ("premium") room.

4 Why does your hotel use the Nor1 Upgrade Solution?

We offer the Nor1 Upgrade Solution because we often have premium rooms available that would otherwise go empty. We would rather provide our guests a better experience during their stay at our hotel, and gain some additional revenue, than leave the suite empty. The Nor1 Upgrade Solution accomplishes this goal through a "Win/Win" proposition where our guests receive a discounted room upgrade if available.

5 What happens if I do NOT get my Nor1 Upgrade at check-in?

You will remain in your originally booked room and will pay nothing extra for trying the Nor1 Upgrade Solution.

6 If I do NOT get my Nor1 Upgrade at check-in, will I be charged anything for using the Nor1 Upgrade Solution?

No. You only pay extra if you get a Nor1 Upgrade.

7 Can I add to, modify, or cancel my Nor1 Upgrade request before I check in?

Yes, but due to high demand for these upgrades, any changes must be made at least 24 hours prior to arrival. Changes can be made in the following manner: 1. Return to the Nor1 Upgrade request screen web page via your confirmation email. (This will show your current requests) 2. Make any necessary modifications to your request. 3. Click on the "Submit Upgrade Request(s)" button to confirm the changes

8 Can I request more than one room type for potential premium room upgrade?

Yes. Request as many room types as you wish for upgrade. In fact, the more room types you select, the better the odds one of them will be available and you will receive a premium room upgrade at check-in.

9 Is it possible to find my position in the queue/waiting list for the Nor1 Upgrade?

No. This information is not public. We kindly ask guests not to call the hotel property requesting this information.

10 Is there anything I can do to increase my chances of getting a premium room upgrade at check-in?

Yes, there are two primary ways to increase your odds: 1. Enter your upgrade request as early as possible (submitting immediately after booking your room is suggested). 2. Request more than one premium room type. This will increase the odds one of them will be available

11 Is it possible to ask a question that is not listed here?

Yes, and it is quite simple, Write an email to [email protected] and we will be happy to answer all your questions personally.
© Copyright 2004-2007. All rights reserved, Nor1, Inc.
Old May 29, 2007, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Summary of La Quinta Resort & Club Nor1 Request(s):

Your Request Is Not Complete Until You Click "Submit Request(s)" Below.
Holtju2, you have requested to be upgraded to ONE of the following premium rooms if offered at check-in:

Requested Upgrade(s) Extra per night for Upgrade Duration of stay
Starlight Casita 1 King $0 1 Night(s)
Or One Bedroom Suite Upgrade $59 1 Night(s)
Or Premium Suite Upgrade $125 1 Night(s)
All prices subject to applicable taxes.

I have read and understand how this upgrade process works:

* I commit to paying for a discounted upgrade if awarded at check-in. Upgrade not guaranteed.
* Upgrade requests may be modified or canceled up to 24 hours prior to check-in with no penalty.

I am interested in getting occasional emails from La Quinta Resort & Club's partner company, Nor1, regarding upgrades and savings on airlines, car rentals, cruises, spectator events, and more. Privacy Policy
Old May 29, 2007, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

FYI I did not choose Nor1 upgrades.
Old May 31, 2007, 5:29 am

Programs: IC Royal Ambassador, SPG Platinum, HH Gold, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum
Originally Posted by holtju2
Summary of La Quinta Resort & Club Nor1 Request(s):

Your Request Is Not Complete Until You Click "Submit Request(s)" Below.
Holtju2, you have requested to be upgraded to ONE of the following premium rooms if offered at check-in:

Requested Upgrade(s) Extra per night for Upgrade Duration of stay
Starlight Casita 1 King $0 1 Night(s)
Or One Bedroom Suite Upgrade $59 1 Night(s)
Or Premium Suite Upgrade $125 1 Night(s)
All prices subject to applicable taxes.

I have read and understand how this upgrade process works:

* I commit to paying for a discounted upgrade if awarded at check-in. Upgrade not guaranteed.
* Upgrade requests may be modified or canceled up to 24 hours prior to check-in with no penalty.

I am interested in getting occasional emails from La Quinta Resort & Club's partner company, Nor1, regarding upgrades and savings on airlines, car rentals, cruises, spectator events, and more. Privacy Policy
I understood the offer a slightly (but significantly) different way. If you get the upgrade requested, you may the extra fee per night. If not, you simply take the room originally booked but no not pay this extra fee.

Whether it is value for money or not, depends on your expectation of getting a decent upgrade in the first case based on your existing status;-)
Old Jun 19, 2007, 9:39 pm

Programs: AAdv GLD(MM), QF LTS, UA MP_nada, HH Gld, SPG, GoldenCircle Jade
Diamond at La Quinta PSP

We have a paid stay during Jul 4 period. Having read the previous posts, it seems no free breakfast nor exec lounge (since it's a resort).

According to HHonors.com as a Diamond I get two of:

- upgrade
- 1000 HHonors points
- various discounts

Given it's low season, I assume the upgrade won't be a problem? We booked deluxe casita - should I be expecting a suite? What's "one class upgrade" from deluxe casita?

Can i expect the resort fee to be waived? Or is that part of "various discounts" - frankly on a 4 night stay I would rather have the resort fee waived than 1000 Honors points (if that's the choice). The discounts are probably not that useful so i may go for 1000 Honors points.
Old Jun 20, 2007, 8:20 am

Programs: ua mileage+, hertz gold, hhonors diamond *wood gold
I think you will have a good chance at an upgrade. Not sure if it would be a suite but perhaps a starlight casita (that's what I've been upgraded to since it became a Hilton but I am gold , you may do better as a diamond). They also brought some dried fruit and candy to the room with 2 Fiji waters. If you have amex platinum or centurion they have great rates at LaQuinta and then you do get free breakfast daily, a lunch for 2, upgrade if available and late checkout.
Old Jul 4, 2007, 10:51 pm

Originally Posted by beachfamily
I think you will have a good chance at an upgrade. Not sure if it would be a suite but perhaps a starlight casita (that's what I've been upgraded to since it became a Hilton but I am gold , you may do better as a diamond). They also brought some dried fruit and candy to the room with 2 Fiji waters. If you have amex platinum or centurion they have great rates at LaQuinta and then you do get free breakfast daily, a lunch for 2, upgrade if available and late checkout.
we checked in today. My checkin docs said I was Gold despite having called the Diamond desk and made cetain my reservations reflected my new Diamond status

Anyway, they register us and give me the keys. I inquire as to what type of room. They say Deluxe Casita. I say that's what i booked but as a Diamond I believed I was entitled to an upgraded room (would have phrased it better had I thought about what I was going to say - but did not expect to have to insist on this).

Much key-clanging later I get a new room - One Bedroom Suite. It's very nice - separate bedroom with kind and master suite with bath and shower, living area, dining area and full kitchen, plus a second bathroom (shower only). All upstairs with undercover car parking underneath and no one next to us or under/above us. Two balconies - one off the bedroom and one off the living/dining.

Seems not many people around - unsurprisingly given the low season and 115-120 temps.

Given how sparsely the resort is populated I think it's a bit weak of them not to have given me the upgrade without my asking.
Old Aug 2, 2007, 12:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP;*Wood PLT; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by alect
Much key-clanging later I get a new room - One Bedroom Suite. It's very nice - separate bedroom with kind and master suite with bath and shower, living area, dining area and full kitchen, plus a second bathroom (shower only). All upstairs with undercover car parking underneath and no one next to us or under/above us. Two balconies - one off the bedroom and one off the living/dining.
Was that a spa suite or a premuim suite? I have stayed her in the starlight casitas a couple years ago and from what I remember they were actually superior to the one bedroom spa suites. Have an upcoming stay and will see if we get recognition as Diamond.

T
Old Aug 3, 2007, 7:51 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA (Gold), Alaska MVP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, SPG Gold,
Stayed at LQ last month on a very low off season summer rate. Mid July, resort was 19% occupied according to the bellman. I don't have HH status, just minimal points in my account. Booked the Deluxe Casita, took the NOR1 upgrade offers for either a Luxury Casita (+ $20 per night) or a Hideaway Casita (room with private patio and private hot tub, +$59 per night). Had the print-out with me that said if either of these available at check-in I would be upgraded.

Checked in (very indifferent front desk staff, not particularly friendly or welcoming).

her: Here's your room, sign here.

me: (as I'm signing) What type of room is this?

her: Deluxe Casita.

me: I had requested an upgrade, is that available?

her: Well what type of upgrade do you want?

me: (Going for the best) Hideaway Casita.

her: Okay, here are your keys (tosses the sign-in card in the box without updating the card).

The room (665) was great. Had a private hot tub, patio with 6 ft high privacy walls. It was not a suite, just a large room with large bathroom.

Only welcome amenity was two small bottles of water. No recognition that this stay was a special occasion (my 50th birthday) which I had put into the reservation. Except the unfriendly check-in clerk did say Happy Birthday after our check in experience as we were leaving the lobby.

None of that mattered in the end, lovely room, lovely resort. And the best part is they never billed us the extra $59 per night. Although they did try to double bill the $25 per night resort fee but fixed that immediately when I questioned it.

Didn't see the inside but the Starlight Casitas looked nice, they are on the second floor with private patios (but not private hot tubs). We had friends that stayed in the Hideaway Suite (not to be confused with the Hideaway Casita). The suite was a 2000 sf house with private enclosed yard, patio and hot tub.
Old Aug 3, 2007, 1:01 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA (Gold), Alaska MVP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, SPG Gold,
Somehow I posted my response to this post in the other La Quinta post :

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...=574378&page=2
Old Aug 4, 2007, 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by stuartfla
Was that a spa suite or a premuim suite? I have stayed her in the starlight casitas a couple years ago and from what I remember they were actually superior to the one bedroom spa suites. Have an upcoming stay and will see if we get recognition as Diamond.

T
Not sure I know whether it was spa or premium suite - what's the difference?

As far as being recongized as diamond - per my experience expect to push the point yourself
Old Aug 5, 2007, 10:39 am

Programs: AWA Platinum;hhonors Diamond
La Quinta and roaches

My wife and I are wrapping up her birthday weekend trip here at LQ. We've been coming here for the past seven years for her birthday. We were upgraded to a Starlight casita. Nice room.

We usually enjoy our stays here. Unfortunately, I had to kill a massive roach in the bathroom this morning. I don't enjoy hearing my wife scream. I let management know.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.