Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

La Quinta Resort & Club, Curio Collection by Hilton {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

La Quinta Resort & Club, Curio Collection by Hilton {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2018, 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by kevinhd

Hi i want a quiet room. Which area from my Options should i choose?
Hi. In general, you may want to be away from the main pool, lobby building and facing a road/parking.

The 100s or those nearer the waterfall area are usually peaceful, even on weekends when the resort takes on a new life, no matter the time of year.

Below is a where you can find a resort map to download showing accommodation numbers/layout.

https://www.laquintaresort.com/resort-map/
Old Aug 1, 2018, 12:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: United GS+
Originally Posted by SFO 1K
As you likely discovered, these do not stack. It's one or the other.
They stack. $100 F&B credit and daily breakfast from Virtuoso, plus $30/day F&B for being Diamond.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 3:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Originally Posted by jgsx

They stack. $100 F&B credit and daily breakfast from Virtuoso, plus $30/day F&B for being Diamond.
I had a Virtuoso booking in June and they positively didn't stack. They treat Virtuoso as a non-Hilton booking channel and therefore do note provide Diamond amenities. I had three discussions with front desk staff over this very issue. I couldn't even get a room category upgrade through Virtuoso because I wanted a ground floor unit and the only "upgrade" they were willing to give me was the a 2nd floor Spa Villa with some extra square footage. No accommodation for alternate upgrade given we had a wheel chair and it was off season.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 5:45 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by SFO 1K
I had a Virtuoso booking in June and they positively didn't stack. They treat Virtuoso as a non-Hilton booking channel and therefore do note provide Diamond amenities. I had three discussions with front desk staff over this very issue. I couldn't even get a room category upgrade through Virtuoso because I wanted a ground floor unit and the only "upgrade" they were willing to give me was the a 2nd floor Spa Villa with some extra square footage. No accommodation for alternate upgrade given we had a wheel chair and it was off season.
I guess I was lucky, or you were unlucky.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 3:04 pm
Suspended

Confirmed that I didn’t get lucky. Here are the benefits they just gave me on check in:

With the Virtouso Amenities you will receive a $60 credit towards breakfast and $100 resort credit. For being Diamond member you also receive a $15 credit towards breakfast which we can honor towards all F&B.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 9:01 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
We're a family of 4 - 2 adults and 2 kids. No status and we're quite interested in the Starlight casita for 3 nights.

Looking at rate options, I see the AAA family plan and Virtuoso rates are identical. The AAA plan includes breakfast for all 4 of us, and the Virtuoso rates seem to include a $60 credit for breakfast per day plus $100 F&B credit. Putting aside the upgrade possibility with Virtuoso, would it be safe to assume breakfast for 4 would cost about $100/day and therefore the AAA plan would be slightly better for us ($300 vs. $280)?

In looking at the upgrade possibilities, based on what I see from nor1, it looks like the Hideaway casita would be the next category of room. I think that would give us less space for the family, so perhaps the only upgrades of interest would be one of the larger suites with a separate bedroom or private pool - which I don't think we should expect.

Am I thinking about this right - that the AAA rate is clearly the way to go?

Thanks,
Old Sep 4, 2018, 2:04 pm

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
FWIW, the Starlight Casita is ideal for a family of four, assuming the kids can share a queen sized sofa bed.

The AAA family plan provided a $100/day breakfast credit, so for stays of 3+ days it was a better deal for us than Virtuoso.

Service was great, food was pretty good but not worth the menu prices given all of the options within a few miles of the resort.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 2:45 pm

Programs: UA MP, NW WP, AA
Has anyone stayed at a vintage casita? It's hard to find any pictures or information on these casitas.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 8:41 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Originally Posted by LAX/HKG
Has anyone stayed at a vintage casita? It's hard to find any pictures or information on these casitas.

I stayed in the San Pedro Casita. I believe it is the only solo casita on the property and was very nice. There are some photos by googling la Quinta resort casita photos. Here's a resort map - I like the area where the 100's are but you do have to walk to the pool. https://www.laquintaresort.com/wp-co...stMap_2017.pdf
Old Nov 17, 2018, 2:26 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
Originally Posted by LAX/HKG
I've stayed in one about a decade ago. We moved into it since we showed up early and our booked room wasn't available. I think they have since been renovated a bit, but they are fun and closest to the main lobby/building complexes. Only downside is that there is a lot of foot traffic that passes by, so if one is sitting out on the porches there will be people walking past - sometimes very late at night as well. There are some fun OLD pictures of the compound from 75 years ago when it was just those units. Must have been quite an experience.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 10:03 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
We are staying here for Christmas and I was hoping for one of the rooms around the pool, but we would prefer a quite room.... any recommendations? I have requested an upgrade via the app for the Eisenhower Suite for an extra $171 a night which doesn't seem bad if that goes through, has anyone stayed in this suite?
Old Nov 20, 2018, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Gomac
We are staying here for Christmas and I was hoping for one of the rooms around the pool, but we would prefer a quite room.... any recommendations? I have requested an upgrade via the app for the Eisenhower Suite for an extra $171 a night which doesn't seem bad if that goes through, has anyone stayed in this suite?
I don't have your answer. But I love the line "hoping for one of the rooms around the pool" line. There are like 30 pools.
Gomac likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 9:09 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Originally Posted by indufan
I don't have your answer. But I love the line "hoping for one of the rooms around the pool" line. There are like 30 pools.
Actually, it is 41 pools.
indufan likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by tkelvin69
Actually, it is 41 pools.
I was going to say 40 but I didn't want to overestimate. Thanks.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 11:49 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
I just checked in. There seems to be confusion as to how the Diamond breakfast credit works. Based on reports here, it seemed like it would be a general F&B credit and wasn't a "use it or lose it" each day - that you could apply it across various parts of the stay. On property, I'm being told that it only works between 7 and 11 am, with additional confusion about which venues. Can anyone who has stayed recently say how it actually worked?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.