Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

La Quinta Resort & Club, Curio Collection by Hilton {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

La Quinta Resort & Club, Curio Collection by Hilton {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2016, 5:29 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
memorial weekend stay

stayed here for two nights during memorial weekend. book regular room and upgraded to deluxe. one category upgrade for diamond member, receive two appetizer voucher, which i can use it at the twenty6 or adobe grill. They have 38 pool through out the resort, but it's really small size pools. no slide, no kids pool. there is $28 dollar resort fee which includes parking, and etc, not free for diamond member.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 8:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
There was one bigger pool (near the tennis courts, IIRC) that seemed to attract kids. We enjoyed our small pool since no one else other than the occasional nearby guest was using it. (Small is relative...they were still decent-sized pools, each one somewhat larger than the typical indoor pool they put in new Hiltons, Embassies, Homewoods, etc.)
Old Jun 13, 2016, 11:47 am

Staying here in a few days. Its looks like the resort fee has gone from 27 to 30. Should I expect to pay $27 since that's what it was when I made my reservation? I know its not that much but hey that's worth a couple beers over the course of the stay
Old Jun 27, 2016, 11:18 am

Stayed her last week, regrettably during the 120° heat wave.

First time utilizing Chase's Luxury Hotel and Resort Collection booking engine. Had used Amex FHR in the past so I was interested in any possible differences.

At check-in was immediately recognized as booking via Chase, free breakfast at Twenty6 and the $100 resort credit were noted. When I asked how breakfast worked was told that each person received a $30 credit each day @Twenty6, different from Amex which everything was waived.
No room upgrade was offered nor did I ask for one. I had a Spa Villa Room booked already at a good rate. Apparently I reserved a two queen room so I asked for a King which was granted.
Appetizer vouchers (for a specific app) were given for each day of the stay as a Diamond benefit. Resort fee was not waived.

A few hours after check-in a two bottles of Acqua Panna and fruit were delivered to our room, nice gesture but it seemed as if the tray was sitting in the sun for some time. Everything was fairly hot, we had a fridge so that's where the waters and fruit went to allow them to chill.

The restaurants other than Adobe Grill were very enjoyable.
The waitress at Adobe was pleasant however service was incredibly slow, and based off of the grumblings of neighboring guest we weren't the only ones affected. Took a long time to get our order in and the tableside Guac (free app) was finally served as we were midway through our entrée. If you want Mexican food, I'd recommend going somewhere else.
The other two restaurants were very good, David @ Morgans was an excellent waiter and so was Jorge at the AM shift for Twenty6.
My only minor (very minor) complaint is being given appetizer vouchers that had to be used for one specific app. The option at Twenty6 was beef sliders, very good!, but I would've preferred something lighter as I was in the mood for a chicken sandwich but didn't want to eat a mini-burger AND a chicken sandwich. The app at Morgans was out of season so we were allowed anything on the starter menu except the oysters.

The pool near our room was nearly always empty which was a plus (last time there were a ton of kids running around and on skateboards, we even had a kid enter our room from the patio), I believe the rooms in that block were mostly unoccupied. I only ran into another guest once during our stay.

The room was very spacious for two people. included a small desk area and chair, fireplace (not needed) mini-fridge with a small counter above it for coffee.
Bathroom included a separate shower and tub with a two sink vanity along with additional closet space.

At checkout the entire breakfast charges were waived, even those in excess of $60 which was nice and unexpected. I wonder if the stated $30 cap per person is to discourage abuse.

all in all it was a great stay. ^
Old Jul 4, 2016, 12:34 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by dascc
At checkout the entire breakfast charges were waived, even those in excess of $60 which was nice and unexpected. I wonder if the stated $30 cap per person is to discourage abuse.
Was there during the same timeframe and was charged an overage of $2 on the breakfast w/ a Virtuoso reservation. Not going to complain about it since it's not much but literally nothing was explained in terms of benefits at the time of check-in. Really disappointing check-in experience. Like I mentioned to others, I'd much rather visit the WA in PHX instead. If I had to come to the PSP area, I'd go to the Hyatt Regency as I had a much enjoyable stay over there in terms of service (minus one employee).
Old Oct 15, 2016, 2:13 pm

Booked a room using a free night certificate for tomorrow. I'm at the Desert Trip concert and the lowest rate is $649.

Was given the basic room casita in the 300s. What can I expect or should try to ask for as an upgrade? I'm an HH Diamond.
Old Oct 15, 2016, 4:04 pm

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
Originally Posted by triger02
Booked a room using a free night certificate for tomorrow. I'm at the Desert Trip concert and the lowest rate is $649.

Was given the basic room casita in the 300s. What can I expect or should try to ask for as an upgrade? I'm an HH Diamond.
I stayed there in March during the tennis tournament and was booked into the 300's. They are by the main road but the vegetation keeps things fairly quiet. A bit on the small side, but its just a different experience in casitas compared to a "normal" hotel. I'm a diamond as well and received no upgrade because it was a busy weekend... I think they gave me a coupon for a free appetizer but I didn't end up using it.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 8:53 pm

Not very familiar with WA properties. I was charged a $30 resort fee on a free night certificate. Is this standard? I had stayed at a few Hilton and Hyatt properties but was never charged a resort fee when there was one while paying for a stay.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 11:49 am

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
Originally Posted by triger02
Not very familiar with WA properties. I was charged a $30 resort fee on a free night certificate. Is this standard? I had stayed at a few Hilton and Hyatt properties but was never charged a resort fee when there was one while paying for a stay.
I was not charged a fee when i used free night cert. That was 2 years ago though
Old Oct 21, 2016, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by mintcilantro
I was not charged a fee when i used free night cert. That was 2 years ago though
I used points for a stay back in march and was not charged a resort fee either.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 6:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
I'm considering staying here for a few nights in February using points with my family...wife and two boys (10 & 12).
Any idea what the diamond amenity is here? Having free breakfast for 4 is a huge money saver and would definitely push us in this direction.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by bsdstone
I'm considering staying here for a few nights in February using points with my family...wife and two boys (10 & 12).
Any idea what the diamond amenity is here? Having free breakfast for 4 is a huge money saver and would definitely push us in this direction.
All I got was a coupon for a free appetizer (and it was limited to certain choices). I'd look elsewhere if you are wanting a free food benefit.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by skitch23
All I got was a coupon for a free appetizer (and it was limited to certain choices). I'd look elsewhere if you are wanting a free food benefit.
Thanks. I think after reading through the reviews, it seems like a nice place...BUT, with my 12 year old eating us out of house and home right now, I'm thinking we may head somewhere else!

thanks for the tip!

ETA: Wife got involved and now we're staying here! :-)

We aren't big breakfast eaters, we'll just have to stock the room for the boys...this place seems to have the best pools of all the Hilton properties in the area!

Last edited by bsdstone; Dec 22, 2016 at 6:36 pm
Old Dec 23, 2016, 11:22 am

Thanks. I think after reading through the reviews, it seems like a nice place...BUT, with my 12 year old eating us out of house and home right now, I'm thinking we may head somewhere else!

thanks for the tip!

We aren't big breakfast eaters, we'll just have to stock the room for the boys...this place seems to have the best pools of all the Hilton properties in the area!
if you book via Chase Lux hotel collection you get free breakfast for two, which according to the front desk agent was a $60 per day toward your meal, although we went over a few times and wasn't charged the difference.

Virtuoso is the same full breakfast for two and Visa signature hotels has "continental" however La Quinta doesn't have a continental option so maybe its $60 for all three booking agents.

Enjoy your stay though that place is great!
Old Dec 23, 2016, 12:54 pm

thanks for the tip!

They certainly do have a lot of pools, but they are on the smaller side IMO. I can't remember if I used the one outside our casita, but I do remember the spa being super hot (this was in March), so be careful. I'm not sure if all rooms have mini-fridges, but ours did. We bought a bunch of stuff at the grocery store down the street and loaded it up.

Also as a tip - don't go into your stay thinking it will be like a normal resort hotel experience. It is more like a vrbo with maid service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.