Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Oklahoma, USA {US-OK}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Oklahoma, USA {US-OK}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2013, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by SFO 1K
Any recent reviews/reports for the downtown/convention center DoubleTree in Tulsa?
Spent a night there recently. As turnpike17 says, it's perfectly acceptable if you have reason to be downtown. The property is nothing to write home about, and the public space & hallways struck me as a bit dull & unexciting, but the category 2 rate of 10,000 points/night is a great bargain. (And because I paid the $7 for overnight parking, I earned 2,000 points from the Q2 promo.^)

Anyone who stays here & doesn't take a walking tour of downtown Tulsa -- full of striking Art Deco architecture -- is really missing out. Some guides:

Last edited by beltway; Aug 28, 2018 at 3:53 pm
Old Jul 4, 2013, 2:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Thanks for these updates. I'm booked in for five nights this coming week my only concern now is the event in the Convention Center looks like a Little Miss Sunshine competition and I may move if it gets bad.
Old Jan 29, 2014, 3:08 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold
bump - any ideas as to best Hilton branded hotel in the OKC area? location is not terribly important - my normal commute to work is ~45 mins, so I can deal with a short drive to/from the local office down in OKC. Most interested in what places (if any) will give me the best perks as Diamond.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 9:14 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Doubletree Oklahoma City Airport - Stay Report 4/15-16

Location: The hotel is located on Meridian Avenue about a mile south of I-40. It's actually fairly far from the airport (3 miles away) but this is where most airport hotels are clustered. nearby are a number of other hotels, gas stations, restaurants (one called Charleston's shares a parking lot with the hotel) and the like. Do note that the turn into the hotel is often misdirected on GPSs.

Hotel: The lobby of this hotel is lovely. They must have had a recent remodel and it looks great. The rooms and upper floors are definitely a bit older. The restaurant in the lobby serves dinner from 5 PM to 11 PM and they do have room service as well as a bar.

Check In: A really subpar experience. I asked about a suite upgrade and was told that "the windows in our junior suites leak and it's going to rain tomorrow". I asked how this was possible and she told me that she'd complained to maintenance about it but nothing was done. I don't know if this is true or not but it was thoroughly bizarre. Especially as it turned out I'd been preupgraded into a junior suite anyway.

Room: Actually pretty nice. Decent sized sitting area with couch and chair and desk though there weren't any easy to use outlets near the couch or chair and a comfortable sleeping area with a big bed. The bathroom was also quite nice with lots of Doubletree amenities in it. The wifi worked fine too.

Breakfast: Breakfast runs from 6-10 on Monday to Friday and 7-11 on Saturdays and Sundays. I was pretty impressed by the buffet spread, which Diamonds get full access to. They had scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, potatoes, tortillas, pancakes, french toast, biscuits and gravy and cold items of cereal, yogurt, fruit and breads.

My rate was $71 plus tax and the hotel is pretty good, but the whole check in issue/leaky suite issue was definitely off putting.

Last edited by CMK10; Apr 20, 2017 at 9:21 pm
Old Sep 5, 2018, 12:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold
Recommendations on Hilton near Tulsa with a park or kid friendly activity?

Hello, a family of 3 will be driving to Texas from St. Louis in November during Thanksgiving week and will have to overnight somewhere in or near Tulsa, OK. We are traveling with a 2year old and would like recommendations on a Hilton hotel (no Hampton Inn or Embassy Suites -- want to take advantage of Gold breakfast) that is good for families with children. Perhaps there is a nearby park one could walk to from the hotel and/or some kind of free activities for kids? We have a really active 2 year old that needs to burn some energy after sitting in the car all day....

(I may also look into an airbnb, as well)
Old Sep 6, 2018, 10:26 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum Elite, Wyndham Rewards Gold
I would suggest staying at the Tulsa Double Tree Hotel on Yale Ave. As an HH Gold, you'll have free breakfast at this hotel. There is a small park across the street from the hospital next to the hotel, its good for a short stroll. I highly suggest visiting the Oklahoma Aquarium during your short stay in Tulsa as well.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by doss1
Hello, a family of 3 will be driving to Texas from St. Louis in November during Thanksgiving week and will have to overnight somewhere in or near Tulsa, OK. We are traveling with a 2year old and would like recommendations on a Hilton hotel (no Hampton Inn or Embassy Suites -- want to take advantage of Gold breakfast) that is good for families with children. Perhaps there is a nearby park one could walk to from the hotel and/or some kind of free activities for kids? We have a really active 2 year old that needs to burn some energy after sitting in the car all day....

I'd try and stay downtown for walking accessibility to restaurants and other stuff. Your choices are an older Doubletree or a nearly new Hampton. Not sure why you would avoid Hampton if you want free breakfast since it's always free there.

There are not any Hilton properties within walking distance, but I would definitely check out the brand new $500 million park: https://www.tulsaworld.com/news/loca...0a28d5049.html

About a ten minute drive from downtown to there.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 7:57 pm

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
Originally Posted by doss1

I am no fan of Hampton Inn breakfasts but my kids can eat their waffles every day without arguing. Depending on their age, it is an easy (and free) breakfast
Old Sep 7, 2018, 12:00 am

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
There are 10k point properties in Tulsa. Appreciate the redemption value and use the cost savings to do other activities.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 6:16 am

Programs: UA 1MM
Hyatt Regency in Tulsa is a Category 1 as well. I prefer the Hyatt over the Doubletree, but both are among the nicer chain hotels in Tulsa.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 6:17 am

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold
Thanks! I think it's a good point that I shouldn't focus too much on trying to plan a trip based on GOLD breakfast.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 6:38 am

The aquarium in Jinks is really nice. Not too huge, you can be through it in a couple hours. Nominal admission (~$15/adult), and worth the time. Not sure of that’s a type of activity you’re looking for, but if not then maybe another time.

(Of course you’re still in oklahoma, just sayin. \m/)
Old Dec 25, 2018, 9:49 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist Marriott Gold AA EXP
Originally Posted by jeebus
Hyatt Regency in Tulsa is a Category 1 as well. I prefer the Hyatt over the Doubletree, but both are among the nicer chain hotels in Tulsa.
But apparently the Hyatt burned down in November...
Old Dec 25, 2018, 9:51 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist Marriott Gold AA EXP
How is the Diamond Breakfast at the DT Warren Place? Does it include the hot items in the Duck Club?
Old Dec 25, 2018, 11:00 pm

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
Originally Posted by bbriscoe34
But apparently the Hyatt burned down in November...
I think it is reopening 01/2019.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.