Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Oklahoma, USA {US-OK}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Oklahoma, USA {US-OK}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2005, 11:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat
I stayed at the Hilton Tulsa last year, was upgraded as Gold. Nice place for a smaller town.
Old Feb 26, 2005, 7:23 am

I stayed at the Warren Place DT in October and found the check-in staff and bell staff very disappointing. I would probably not choose to stay there again.

The rest of the property was nice enough. And all the other staff was very friendly and helpful.

Last edited by GDIW; Feb 26, 2005 at 3:51 pm
Old Feb 26, 2005, 12:26 pm

Programs: AA GLD (1MM), DL GLD, Marriott Plat, RCL D+, X Elite
The DT Tulsa Downtown is nice enough. I think the one at Warren Place is a little newer. The Hilton Southern Hills is always nice to me. Nice rooms even for a Silver, and the people have always been friendly. Only downside is its neighbor is a super WalMart....
Old Feb 26, 2005, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by royster747
Likely staying in Tulsa later this year...anyone ever stay at the Doubletree in Tulsa? Looking for opinions on this facility...or other HH facilities in Tulsa.
there is a train that runs through DT tulsa at 5 am about 1000 yards from the hotel. this is by far the most frequent complaint that i heard from consultants when i worked for williams.

the hampton inn about 2 miles away in sand springs is my preferred destination when i travel back to see my family. it has a very nice suite that you can sometimes get them to upgrade you into (~$150 a night which is mega high for a HI). its also right across the highway from rib crib which is a must try BBQ eatery. its about 4 minutes into downtown (remember 1st exit after you merge onto 244 )

if picking between warren place or 71st and lewis for an extended stay, take warren place. 71st and lewis is having some serious gang related problems right now and wouldn't be the place to stay long term. short term, it gives you access to ORU and the praying hands which is somewhat of a landmark.
Old Feb 27, 2005, 3:16 am

Programs: Enough to Cause a Migraine
Originally Posted by jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
71st and lewis is having some serious gang related problems right now and wouldn't be the place to stay long term. short term, it gives you access to ORU and the praying hands which is somewhat of a landmark.
This is an innacurate statement. I live within 1 mile of this intersection.

71st and Lewis is a safe area.

Now I won't deny that I have seen a couple panhandlers on this corner from time to time.... this corner has a Walgreens on one corner, a Phillips 66 on another corner, a Bank of America on the other corner, and a Schlokski's Deli on the other corner... but generally South Tulsa is safer than downtown or North Tulsa.

I think you're confusing yourself with the gang activity near 61st and Peoria... which is actually mildly closer to the Doubletree @ Warren Place, considering that The DoubleTree at Warren Place is located at 61st and Yale.... but the area of 61st and Yale is a VERY nice area, located not too far from Southern Hills Country Club where the U.S. Open played in either 2001 or 2002.

Don't worry, you'd be safe at either Doubletree Warren Place or Hilton Tulsa Southern Hills.

I have stayed at both Doubletree Warren Place and Hilton Tulsa Southern Hills.

If I were you, I'd either stay at:

Doubletree @ Warren Place [first choice] or
Tulsa Southern Hills Hilton [second choice]

The Doubletree @ Warren Place is newer, and less used than the Tulsa Southern Hills Hilton. Also the DoubleTree @ Warren Place has the feeling of more ambiance than the Tulsa Southern Hills Hilton. The Doubletree is in walking distance to Kingspointe Shopping Center where there are a few restaurants. [including my favorite italian restaurant in Tulsa, Abruzzi]

However, as another poster had mentioned, the Tulsa Southern Hills Hilton is literally located in a Walmart SuperCenter parking lot; it's a good way to avoid paying high prices for hotel soda, and potentially other snacks... lol... but is in a Walmart SuperCenter parking lot. Also within walking distance to a couple restaurants at the intersection of 81st and Lewis. I also concur with the poster saying that the Tulsa Southern Hills Hilton's staff is very nice and accomodating. Often you'll see flight crews overnighting @ Southern Hills.

Both hotels offer a complimentrary shuttle from Tulsa International [cab fare to either hotel from TUL would run about $30 each way ]. Despite the free shuttle to both hotels from the airport, and the close proximity of both hotels to nearby restaurants, Tulsa is spread out, and our public transportation sucks.... so without a rental car, you'd be pretty much stuck to nearby walkable restaurants and shops. Both hotels offer free parking; Warren Place offers valet parking for a fee--- Southern Hills doesn't offer valet parking.

I'd advise against staying at the Doubletree downtown.

Last edited by Max M; Feb 27, 2005 at 3:24 am
Old Feb 27, 2005, 10:01 am

this is the story i was going off of...

http://www.ktul.com/news/stories/0205/208094.html
Old Feb 27, 2005, 6:32 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, United Premier
Thanks for all your feedback...I really appreciate. As this is a 'taking my son to college driving across the USA trip', I am looking for the best facility for the least $$ (e.g. this is not a business trip). I am HHonors Diamond.

Thanks again..any further thoughts??
Old Aug 8, 2005, 4:06 pm

Any new feedback on Tulsa HH properties?
Old Aug 8, 2005, 7:33 pm

Programs: UA GS 2MM
Any new feedback on Tulsa HH properties?
The Southern Hills is my top choice. The DT would be my second choice. Avoid the ES, it is very old and the HI next door is better and cheaper.
Old Aug 10, 2005, 10:12 am

Programs: Air Canada Elite , Hilton Honors
Thumbs up

I last visited Warren Place at the end of April, and as usual they treated me very well.
The upgraded room was great, and I particularly like the little park/walking trail located behind the hotel. Turned out the UA aircrew from my flight in was also staying there, so the airport shuttle met my plane.
The little mall on the corner now has a decent restaurant and a good cigar store, so I don't even need to leave the area if I'm there for a few days.
One of my favorite Doubletrees.

Commander Bob
And those Tulsa folks are so nice.
Old Aug 10, 2005, 10:54 pm

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond, DL Diamond & 2M Miler, Marriott Titanium
DT Warren Place

"Lived" at the DT Warren Place for 8 months while working at a nearby location. Nicer bedding on the executive floor than the others. Rooms on either end of the hotel have small balconies. Lounge has free beer and wine during happy hour. They also refund local phone charges for Diamonds and executive floor guests. Better workout facility than most hotels. Late night check-ins can be very slow if a crowd suddenly appears after a late flight. The property has also won several service awards from Hilton. Should the ol' ticker give out you're right across the street from Saint Francis Hospital. Overall a very good bet for TUL.
Old Aug 12, 2005, 5:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Originally Posted by BNAChairman
Late night check-ins can be very slow if a crowd suddenly appears after a late flight.
My only complaint with the Warren Place DT is that the front desk can be rather clueless - particularly those on duty late afternoon and evening.

I've only stayed at the downtown DT once or twice. It was fine, but I prefer the WP property.

Originally Posted by BNAChairman
Should the ol' ticker give out you're right across the street from Saint Francis Hospital.
Yes, and their EMTs are very prompt. Years ago, when our oldest daughter was just a toddler, she somehow accessed a bottle of my mother's medication. We called Poison Control and 9-1-1. The paramedics arrived within minutes with hotel management types hot on their heels. In our concern for our daughter, we hadn't thought to notify the desk that medical help had been summoned. The sight of paramedics racing to a room was enough to bring several worried hotel officials to our door right behind them. Our daughter was fine - apparently small doses of Premarin aren't toxic to young girls - but I have always appreciated the care and concern exhibited by the DT staff during our brief crisis.
Old Aug 15, 2005, 4:31 pm

I ended up with a reservation at the Embassy Suites...anyone stay there recently? Any movies and/or malls near there?
Old Aug 15, 2005, 4:45 pm

Programs: Starwood Platinum, HH Gold
I ended up with a reservation at the Embassy Suites...anyone stay there recently? Any movies and/or malls near there?

I stayed there a few years ago. It seemed like a typical ES. The best option for malls/movies would be to go to the Woodland Hills mall area (71st and Memorial). It is Tulsa's nicest mall and there are a ton of places to eat around it. It has a large movie theatre.. but the IMAX theatre is close to it at 71st and hwy 169. These are both around 5 miles away. If you are looking for other things to do you could always check out the Gilcrease Museum or Philbrook Museum of Art. There is also the Jenks area that has a nice new boardwalk and the Oklahoma Aquarium.
Old Oct 3, 2005, 9:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
Any recent experiences at the ES or HGI by OKC? Trying to decide between the two and the Sheraton and Four Points. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.