Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Oklahoma, USA {US-OK}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Oklahoma, USA {US-OK}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2003, 4:31 pm

I'd stay away from the Hilton on NW Expressway
Old Feb 10, 2003, 9:58 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA Ag Muti-year WN Companion Pass, A+, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat Ntl EmExElite
PaulGQ

You said:
We went to the first drugstore in the US and the female bartender at the saloon next door had no idea where it was or that it even existed.

Where exactly is this drugstore? I have to side with the female bartender about this one. Oklahoma didn't become a state until 1907, and it had the first drugstore in the U.S.? Wow and to think an Oklahoman came up with the whole idea of drug stores. And I thought the birthplace to the shopping cart, and the home of the first parking meter were Oklahoma's only claims to fame.

Well to stay on topic for MilesMonster asking about a Hilton property in downtown OKC, there are none, and I would avoid the Hilton on Northwest Expressway, as it is getting worn, it was looking worn when I stayed there in 1977 when I had a project in OKC. It also isn't in the best location for a commute daily to downtown. I have a business associate who loves the Marriott on NW Expressway and will stay there when he has to come to Norman, which is about 30 miles South of the hotel, and needless to say he passes by a lot of hotels on his commute.

The airport is close to downtown and there is an Embassy Suites and a HGI. There is also a brand new Hampton in Edmond right off I-35 north of Oklahoma City if you want to do the hotel change to add a bunch of stays to get additional stays toward Diamond level. A few months ago when the Hampton opened weekday rates were in the $60-$65 range I think.
Old Feb 10, 2003, 10:26 pm

My bad, not the the US, but in Oklahoma.

We never got to visit because by the time we located where it was, it was closed. I wish I had my facts straight, but no one could tell me where it was. We had to settle for the Banjo Festival in the Masonic Lodge - Quite something.

Here is a link.
http://www.oklahomadrugstoremuseum.com/

Old Jun 12, 2003, 3:44 pm

Any updates on the HGI or Embassy Suites on Meridian? 1st visit to OKC and I am debating between the two. Thanks in advance for any input!

[This message has been edited by SECKART (edited 06-12-2003).]
Old Jun 12, 2003, 8:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA-Plt, UA-1P, PC Plt, National ECEE
SECKART,

I stayed at the HGI in March and have no complaints. I'm not sure how old the facility is, but it must be fairly new. The rooms have free high-speed internet, which was really handy. The rates at the time were also more than reasonable. I think I paid $53/night on a AAA rate.

The location is pretty great - obviously close to the airport, but also convenient to the interstate and a few minutes drive time to the downtown area. If you get a 6th floor room at the front of the hotel, you'll have a view of the OKC skyline, FWIW. There is a variety of chain restaurants nearby.

I don't have any experience with other OKC Hilton properties, but I'd stay at the HGI again in a heartbeat.

Old Jun 12, 2003, 9:20 pm

errrmmm... why would men have naked Barbie dolls in their back pockets ?
Old Jun 12, 2003, 10:51 pm

Programs: AA Thousand Mile Club
I live 90 miles from OKC so I have occation to stay the night when having early flight, or such. The HGI is newer (about 2 years old) close to the airport, and as someone has said very close to alot of eateries. I thought the rooms were on the small side. The NW Hilton was remodeled about 5 years ago, just by my judging. Bigger rooms but not near any eateies but a Hooters and a Sonic. Not alot of differences, not sure on NW Hilton internet access.
Old Jun 14, 2003, 1:25 am

My undergraduate degree is in Pharmacy.

The first drug store (apothecary) in the United States was at Pennsylvania Hospital in Philadelphia, PA. (the hospital founded by Ben Franklin)

http://www.uphs.upenn.edu/paharc/features/psych.html
Old Oct 24, 2003, 1:34 am

Programs: AAdvantage PLT, HHonors GLD, & Others
Tulsa, OK Recommendations

Staying in Tusla, OK next weekend. I am open to any brand in the HHonors family. Any recommendations for/against any specific properties? Thanks.

[This message has been edited by kicknit (edited 10-24-2003).]
Old Oct 24, 2003, 6:39 am

There is a nice Doubletree at 61st and Yale. Stayed there 2 years ago and found it very nice. However, we were there on the weekend, and the lounge wasn't open.

There is also a Hilton that has been converted from a private label hotel around 81st and Lewis. This place was not as nice as the Doubletree, but the lounge was open on the weekend.
Old Oct 24, 2003, 2:47 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Lifetime Hilton Diamond
I also liked the Doubletree. I stayed there while passing through town. From the locals, I heard that this is one of the nicer hotels in town.
Old Oct 25, 2003, 3:03 am

Programs: AA EXP; HH Diamond
The ES in Tulsa is just fine, too. Although the exit ramp from the interstate immediately in front of the hotel has been closed due to construction the past couple of times we've stayed there. (That was a few months back. It's possible that it's open by now.) So it's a little funky to find it the first time, especially at night.

Can't compare it to the DoubleTree, however.
Old Oct 25, 2003, 8:36 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Cobijonz:
There is also a Hilton that has been converted from a private label hotel around 81st and Lewis.</font>
There is nothing wrong with this property, but it is also unremarkable and nothing extraordinary either. It is also not particularly convenient to any highway, although it is across the street from Oral Roberts University (which did nothing for me).

For no other reason, I recommend staying at this property if you get an excellent room rate or if you have no other realistic options (such as the Doubletree, to which I have not been, being sold out).
Old Feb 25, 2005, 8:59 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, United Premier
Doubletree - Tulsa

Likely staying in Tulsa later this year...anyone ever stay at the Doubletree in Tulsa? Looking for opinions on this facility...or other HH facilities in Tulsa.
Old Feb 25, 2005, 10:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I stayed at Warren Place Doubletree a year on a base rate of $69/night with Sunday thrown in free. Upgraded as Gold, with cont breakfast in dining room on days lounge was closed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.