Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Utah, USA {US-UT}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Utah, USA {US-UT}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2005, 3:14 pm

Programs: NW Platinum, WN, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold, BWGCCI, Priority Club
Orem/Provo Hampton

Originally Posted by SFO-SJC Flyer
@:-) Thank you for the information. When you say the Hampton in Orem/Provo, are you referring to the Hampton on South 40 East in Provo or the Hampton on West 1250 South in Orem? Being a Gold, what do you think the chances are for an upgrade to a room with a Jacuzzi?

Again, thank you for the information. I really appreciate it.

The Orem/Provo Hampton Inn I stayed at is actually in Orem on West 1250 South @ Exit 272. Not sure about upgrade possibilities. Since I really wanted to relax after a long flight and with a long drive the next day to Moab, I booked the jacuzzi room r/t a regular room.

amanuensis, is correct. I was surprised at the heavy traffic between Salt Lake City and Orem and Provo on my trip two years ago. On my last trip I arrived at SLC around 2pm and the drive to Orem was pre-rush hour and was fine.
Old Mar 28, 2005, 7:51 pm

I have stayed at the Hampton in Orem as well. As Hamptons go, it is anice one. I have been upgraded to suites a few times, but letely I have just been booking the suite, as it is usualy only a 20 buck more. They have suites with and without the Jacuzzi's. So just because you get upgraded, you might not not get a jacuzzi.
Old Mar 29, 2005, 3:07 am
In Memoriam

Programs: CO Gold, DL Gold, AA, AS, VX, Hilton Diamond, Marriot, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis Preferred
Possible Choices

Originally Posted by amanuensis
I could help you more if you supplied more information about where in Salt Lake City and Utah County you and your wife needed to be, how often you two needed to be there, and what time(s) of the day you will be traveling. For example, traveling from Provo or Orem towards Salt Lake City on I-15 from about 4:30 pm to 6:30 pm on a weekday is likely to be a very slow experience because many people who work in Provo or Orem live in suburbs northward.

I think all of the properties you named are good properties that would meet at least your minimum requirements, so it comes down to what would work for you in your particular scenario.

Thank you for your interest and assistance. Our schedule will be generally in flux. We will not necessarily know where we will be at any given time and until we have to be there. If I had to make a decision now based on our business needs and location only, my first choice would be the Hampton in Sandy. My second choice would be the Homewood in Midvale. Between Homewood and Hampton, with everything else being equal, I would choose Homewood. However, the other amenities I mentioned can be of equal or greater importance.

Again, thank you very much for your comments. If you have any other suggestion, based on what I wrote, I would certainly appreciate them.
Old Mar 29, 2005, 6:52 am

Good luck on your trip!
Old Nov 6, 2005, 5:33 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by xyzzy
I've neve had a problem at the airport Hilton. They usually even offer me coupons for free appetizers and drinks in their "club" (ie the bar) if I arrive on the weekend. The downtown Hilton is MUCH nicer, but it should be for 2.5x the price.
Spent last night at the SLC Airport Hilton. I was pleasantly surprised. The property was clean, my room was very spacious, (they did have the thermostat set for heat, but a maintenance man opened the window for me, and I had good fresh air). Moreover, the restaurant was pretty decent (for an airport hotel). Staff quite friendly. All in all, would not hesitate to stay at this property again. For LAX traveler needing some quick miles to top off an account, this is ideal for one not wanting to turn around same day. Lakeview was quite nice, as well.
Old Jan 22, 2006, 2:26 am

Programs: SAS Lifetime Gold, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, TK*G Elite+, airBaltic VIP, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold
Salt Lake City recomendations

Any advice on Salt Lake City property for travelling in April? I will be traveling by car, property might be located not in the center of the city.

Exec lounge or free breakfast would be nice. I'm gold member.

Egons
Old Jan 22, 2006, 6:25 am

Programs: EK Platinum, FB Ulti PFL, Marriott Ambassador, IHG Spire RA
Originally Posted by dabee69
Any advice on Salt Lake City property for travelling in April? I will be traveling by car, property might be located not in the center of the city.

Exec lounge or free breakfast would be nice. I'm gold member.

Egons
The Downtown Hilton has tons of parking underneath the builing (at a fee).
The airport Hilton has plenty of parking in front of the building (free)

The exec floor in the downtown Hilton has great views. As a gold you're ususally upgraded to this floor, in the weekend however, the lounge is closed and you're offered complementary breakfast (good choice of food)
The airport Hilton has an exec floor as well but the one time I stayed here it was fully booked and they gave me a room with a huge inroom bath and complementry breakfast (not as good as the downtown but still OK)

Personally I'd opt for the downtown as there are also some nice things to to in downtown
Old Jan 22, 2006, 7:54 am

I much prefer the downtown hilton over the Airport Hilton. There is really nothing to do out by the airport. Plus the airport property was always just OK, while the downtown property seems much better maintained.

I know their is an ES downtown as well, but that has been booked solid anytime I have tried to get a room their.
Old Jan 22, 2006, 11:19 am

Programs: SAS Lifetime Gold, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, TK*G Elite+, airBaltic VIP, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold
Thanks for your toughts! I opted for ES as it was $60/night cheaper. As I'm going to stay there for 3 nights it is a considerable price difference.

Originally Posted by RoadWeary
I much prefer the downtown hilton over the Airport Hilton. There is really nothing to do out by the airport. Plus the airport property was always just OK, while the downtown property seems much better maintained.

I know their is an ES downtown as well, but that has been booked solid anytime I have tried to get a room their.
Old Jan 22, 2006, 5:16 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH Gold, UA silver, Hertz PC
good choice, free parking at the ES, however if you want to stay at the Hilton Downtown, keep looking at the website for rates, I have gotten a rate as low as 78.00.
Old May 7, 2006, 11:56 am
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

SLC Airport: Hilton vs Hampton Inn

I am trying to decide which property to stay at on an upcoming trip to SLC. I will arrive at 10:30 pm and have an 8:30 am flight the next day. I know some people have not been happy with the Hilton but have not heard much about the Hampton.

Which property would you stay at?
Old May 7, 2006, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I stayed at the Hampton a year or so ago - not long after Hilton took over the property from Sheraton (the old logos were still on the phone instruction cards beneath the plastic plate); the staff were very nice, and the property was a typical Hampton, neither better nor worse than others.
Old May 7, 2006, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
I like that Hilton, but I haven't stayed at the Hampton Inn, so I can't compare.
Old May 7, 2006, 1:47 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by HNL
I am trying to decide which property to stay at on an upcoming trip to SLC. I will arrive at 10:30 pm and have an 8:30 am flight the next day. I know some people have not been happy with the Hilton but have not heard much about the Hampton.

Which property would you stay at?
For that short of a stay I probably wouldn't care, to some extent. But that Hilton is one of my favorite properties, I love the location, the lounge, the pool, the jogging trail around the lake...curious to know what issues people have had with the place! The only negative I have with it is the slightly high price of beer in the bar!
Old May 7, 2006, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
I like the SLC airport Hilton. Since I usually arrive on a weekend they give me coupons for a free drink and appetizer in the bar ... er ... club. I've not stayed at the Hampton, though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.