Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Utah, USA {US-UT}

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Utah, USA {US-UT}

Old Jan 29, 2003, 11:52 am

Programs: HHonors, UA/MP
I too stayed at Ruby's last spring. Spent a couple days hiking Bryce with my daughter. It ain't the best, but if your just looking for a place to overnight, it will do. Have fun, wish I were coming along.

------------------
HH Gold
Old Jan 30, 2003, 7:18 pm

Bryce is wonderful.

Make very, very sure that the chicken is cooked!
Old Mar 4, 2003, 11:19 am

Anyone with current info about the Airport Hilton? We will arrive at 1.00 am and leave early the next morning, so despite the negative comments it looks like the best place to stay. Upgrades or breakfast for golds are common?
Thank you
Old Mar 4, 2003, 2:25 pm

I did end up staying at the Airport Hilton one night.

I did get upgraded to Executive floor as a gold, I don't recall if I had to pay for breakfast or not. I did eat at the restraunt.

My room was OK, not great, but not bad. It was good size. It could have definitely used good update.

Old Mar 4, 2003, 6:50 pm

Programs: HH Silver, SPG Gold, PC Plat, IC Royal Ambassador, UA 1K, Founder www.SeatExpert.com , CO Platinum
Lorena, you should be able to get a partial night rate instead of the full daily rate.

In February, I had an almost exact scenario as yours as far as arrival and departure times are concerned.

I had booked for one night on 2/6, however last minute changes caused me to arrive at 2:00am on 2/5 instead. I called from the SLC airport, and the airport Hilton quote a part day rate of $69 instead of the $119 that was originally reserved. They also send over their shuttle immediately to pick me up.

I checked out at around 10am on 2/5, and told them that I will not be staying night of 2/6 as originally reserved. They told me that there is no problem for the cancellation, and indeed only charged $69+tax. My 1000 point booking bonus was posted promptly, along with the points for the stay, as well as # of stays and # of nights.

I did not do this on purpose, just happened to have plans change on me, and not enough time to re-book everything. It works out great at the end, so perhaps I will try this again the next time I am due to arrive in early.

------------------
International airlines seat desirability map
Old Apr 16, 2003, 7:25 am

Programs: AC, AA, SPG, Hilton
Salt Lake City Hiltons

I am going to SLC for work this Sunday.
There isn't much info (from doing searches) on this city's Hilton's family of hotels.

Which ones do you guys prefer and why?
I'd preferring finding a place closer to downtown (restaurants, nightlife)
Old Apr 16, 2003, 7:36 am

Where exactly downtown do you need to be? What activities are you planning on doing? What kind of budget are you on? I am thoroughly familiar with the different neighborhoods and transit options, if you are not renting a car, and can advise you on driving if you are.
Old Apr 16, 2003, 9:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Add another that is curious. I haven't spent much time in SLC for three years.. i'll be spending my weekends in SLC and weekdays in Ogden/Layton so I;m interested as well
Old Apr 16, 2003, 4:10 pm

Location: DTW- USA, NWA Gold, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Gold, Marriot Plat, Hertz PC
The downtown hilton is nice and is located in the heart of the city - haven't stayed at any other hilton properties in the area.
TrojanHorse - if you'll be in Ogden during the week, you'll most likely want to find a hotel in Ogden - its normally a half hour drive from slc to Ogden, however with traffic, drive time could easily double or triple!
The weekend rates at the downtown hilton are usually very good.
If you ski/board, you should have some good spring snow - big storms moving through the mountains!
enjoy!

Old Apr 16, 2003, 6:03 pm

Location: ORF & AUS; I have an ex-wife and and an ex-house in both cities.
Programs: AA Gold, DL GM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
I have a conference downtown this summer and plan to stay at the downtown Hilton. I have an early the morning after the conference, do I am moving to teh SLC airport Hilton (I figure it is worth it for an extra stay and 500 more points for a room that I'll spend 8 hours in). Is this hotel any good?
Old Apr 16, 2003, 8:43 pm

I stay at the SLC Airport Hilton about 3x a year. The property itself is a bit worn, in need of a facelift for sure. Rooms are OK, decent size, but the service has always been very good for me as a HH Dia.

The bar's fun, even by SLC standards; you have to be "sponsored " by the private club, which seems to be a running joke in there... another patron at the bar always "sponsors" me when I walk in, waiving the $5 "club fee".

I like the staff and have always been treated well here. No reason for me to switch as the rates are always much better than downtown. Upgrades have been hit and miss.
Old Apr 16, 2003, 9:07 pm

Location: MHT, DL DM & now KM!/ formerNW Plat /HH Diamond/SPG plat
The downtown Hilton is very nice - good location. I would stay there over the airport location. It doesn't take more than about 10 -15 minutes tops to get to the airport from the downtown location so no need to move the night before - unless you just need the "stay". The Olive Garden is on the ground floor there - but I recommend going across the street and over 1/2 block to Cafe Pierpont - pretty good food and reasonable - mexican (Utah style) with a seafood twist. There are many good restaurants downtown to try. The light rail is about 2 blocks away and will take you throughout the south valley. If you need more specific info just ask - appears many of us live here.

[This message has been edited by kathnunley (edited 04-16-2003).]
Old Apr 17, 2003, 5:30 am

Programs: AC, AA, SPG, Hilton
For those who have been to Utah....

Instead of Salt Lake City, I might have to stay in Provo, about 40 miles away.

Although there is a Hampton Inn there, I'd rather stay in Salt Lake. How is the traffic like in the morning on major routes? How long does it take to go from Salt Lake to Provo during rush hours?

Old Apr 17, 2003, 7:07 am

Location: ORF & AUS; I have an ex-wife and and an ex-house in both cities.
Programs: AA Gold, DL GM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Another twist. I am staying at the Downtown Hilton but my conference is at the Marriott (yes, I need the stay; just like the move to the airport...travel budgets are tight this time of year). Is that within walking distance or will light rail take me?
Old Apr 17, 2003, 8:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Thanks for the post, I will stay in the Ogden area during the week but will bounce around to get my stay credits up on the weekend and probably do that in SLC between the downtown Hilton, Airport, and a few HI's or the Homewood in Sandy. I was just trying to figure out which are the best in the city. Also if anyone happens to know what are parking fees at the city hotels???

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ccost:
The downtown hilton is nice and is located in the heart of the city - haven't stayed at any other hilton properties in the area.
TrojanHorse - if you'll be in Ogden during the week, you'll most likely want to find a hotel in Ogden - its normally a half hour drive from slc to Ogden, however with traffic, drive time could easily double or triple!
The weekend rates at the downtown hilton are usually very good.
If you ski/board, you should have some good spring snow - big storms moving through the mountains!
enjoy!

</font>

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.