FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Hilton Key West Resort and Marina {US-FL} (no longer Honors) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/570631-hilton-key-west-resort-marina-us-fl-no-longer-honors.html)

jwhite4 Jan 6, 2001 9:39 am

Hilton Key West Resort and Marina {US-FL} (no longer Honors)

Has anyone eaten there, specifically at the restaurants on Sunset Key island (Latitudes and Bistro 245)? They often have special dining promotions for holidays, and I was thinking about taking my parents there for Mother's Day dinner.
They are on the pricey side (Latitudes can be $60/pp), but the sound really nice, but I'd rather not spend that much money if they aren't really special and/or worth the money.

Thanks.

Jeff

Family flyer Jan 6, 2001 2:02 pm

I spent a week there in Feb. and ate at both places. They were fine, typical hotel fare. Latitudes is the more casual of the two. Nothing special.

If you want special, I'd recommend:
Roof Top Cafe
Two Friends, and my favorite
Casa Cayo Hueso

chix Jan 6, 2001 5:54 pm

Just got back. Latitudes is much nicer than the Bistro. However, it is more expensive. The service is much better at Latitudes and your meal includes the quick boat trip to Sunset Key.

I recommend trying Latitudes. Bistro is nothing special.

dranz Jan 8, 2001 7:22 am

Latitudes is upscale hotel fare. Better
food available on Duval.

We spent Thanksgiving at the Hilton, but
went to the Marriot for their T-day buffet.
Very nicely done on the 'food' end. Waiting
20 minutes for plates and another 10-15 for
silverware was ... well ... rather dull.

-doug

Beckles Jan 8, 2001 1:13 pm

I didn't think there was a Marriott any more ... do you mean the Casa Marina, which has been a Wyndham for a little while now (before Thanksgiving for sure ...)?

Georgie Oct 29, 2001 5:33 pm

Key West Hilton Resort & Marina

Interested in experiences/comments for the Key West Hilton. Planning a trip in middle December and wonder if upgrades are a possibility with the Gold Card; and if so, what is included?

keywestbars Oct 30, 2001 6:37 am

The Keywest Hilton is a great property. I live about 2 blocks from there. I am a diamond member at hilton when my family comes down - (too many relatives in one house is not a good thing) I put them up at the hilton. My wife is a gold (we have not yet merged the accounts), we were always given breakfast coupons, upgrade are hard to come by sometimes due to sell outs almost every weekend. But during slower times upgrades where given without asking. The hotel is within walking distence to everything. So many bars so little time. Take a look at www.keywest.com, : try the schooner wharf bar lots of fun, great outdoor/indoor bar with live music in the afternoon thru evening. A local legend play there "Michael McCloud" in the afternoons. Also, Sloopy Joes amd the Hogs Breath Saloon are a must. The all can be found on the web site I mentioned. You picked a great place to stay.

Steve B Oct 30, 2001 6:48 am

Keywestbars is right on the money with Schooner Wharf. Mike sings there most every afternoon and is a "must". Sit outside in the sun and throw a couple of dollars into his jar and request that he sing "Tourist Town Bar"

Sweet Willie Oct 30, 2001 6:52 am

Georgie,

Please make sure to post your experiences as I (and I'm sure others) are interested in treatment at this property.

thanks.

Georgie Oct 30, 2001 3:35 pm

Thank you all for your response on the Hilton; we had reservations at the Pier House, but found a better rate at the Hilton. I know they are both located in a great location, and we had a great time last year at the Pier House, but thought we would give the Hilton a try this year (especially with the great rate). I will be sure and post our experience when we return.

keywestbars Oct 31, 2001 6:48 am

You will love the hilton. Take the little boat ride to the beach on island just off of Key West (where the hilton sunset key cottages are- free for hilton guests, 1 minute ride, nice little beach bar/resturant with great views. If you go to see Michael Mcload , it's well worth it. You will get to here the Conch Republic song. Also just around the cornor from schonner wharf, is Turtle Kraals, has a great open air bar www.turtlekraals.com and next door to tk's is the Half shell raw bar. Tk's and schooner
are right on the water with great views and great happy hour beer prices and crowds. I go there atleast 2 a week for happy hour.
Have a grat trip

Biffy Nov 23, 2001 9:07 am

Key West Executive Level?

Is anyone familiar with KW Hilton. Is there an executive level or only suites?

chix Nov 23, 2001 9:27 am

Hi Biffy and welcome to FT.

No executive level, only suites!

Check this link for more information:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/002209.html

Or do a search and a number of topics for Key West Hilton come up.

[This message has been edited by chix (edited 11-23-2001).]

techlady Dec 24, 2001 6:32 pm

Sunset Key Cottages in Key West

Still searching for a vacation... Has anyone stayed at these cottages? The write up sounds nice but I can't find them on the award stay lists. Does anyone know if they simply don't allow award stays?

Thanks again!

techlady

keywestbars Dec 25, 2001 8:11 pm

The cottages are great, however the hilton keywest does not offer the cottages as a part of the rewards(just the main hotel).