Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Key West Resort and Marina {US-FL} (no longer Honors)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Key West Resort and Marina {US-FL} (no longer Honors)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2002, 9:32 am

Programs: Delta Plat, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I've stayed at the Hilton Keywest. It is the best location. Sunset celebrations are in the back of the hotel nightly. Cruise ships come into port right there. Lots of nice shops and boat rentals available at the dock. The pool and restaurant are great. They charge for parking though! Hotel room is okay.
Old Oct 9, 2002, 4:44 pm

Location: Currently a man without a country; American Airlines-3MM, Executive Platinum; US Airways-Doesn't Matter AAnymore; Hilton-Diamond; Starwood-Platinum; Hyatt-Diamond
Mrs. 2paris and I are thinking of KW for our 18th anniversary in January. Is this hotel a good investment of 100,000 points for 3 nites (when I could get 6 nites on Hawaii for same points-listen to me whine, I have 400,000 points in the bank!) or should I do a combination of paid and award and try to work in a 2 for 1 coupon I have? Looks like rates are in the $3++.++ area

Just curious...thanks!

Old Oct 9, 2002, 4:58 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond USAirways CP Hertz Pres Cir
Spent time in Dec. around Christmas there a couple years ago and had a great time. On an award I was upgraded to a nice suite, not huge room, but looked bigger than most -- but perhaps because I'm diamond?

The hotel is certainly in the best location and I thought worth the extra points simply becuase the prices were extremely high when I wanted to stay.

They also have cabanas out on a little island off shore, but they won't give them to you on an award!!! -- oh well.
Old Nov 19, 2002, 2:02 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
I'll be at the Hilton Key West for the next six nights on a GLONP ... keywestbars has mentioned that upgrades can be hard to come by, but my brother just called me and had checked in to the hotel (he's been there a few days already, I don't get in until late tonight) and informed me that the room was unacceptable and we'd be needing something better than a two bedroom suite with only three balconies.

I was a Diamond when I made the reservation, which must be why I got the generous upgrade (and I'm sure the hotel is full this week because of the APBA Offshore World Championships), but I'm only a lowly Gold now ...

Needless to say, my vacation's off to a good start and I haven't even left work yet ... it doesn't get much better than that ... now if only I could get upgraded on my Beechcraft 1900 flight from Tampa to Key West tonight ...
Old Nov 19, 2002, 2:42 pm
Suspended

has anyone who is Diamond ever been upgrade to the rooms(huts or whatever) that is on the island i believe called'sunset key'.
Again this would be by reserving the cheapest room at the reg hotel.
Old Nov 20, 2002, 2:31 am

I think that Sunset Key counts as a seperate 'hotel', although the check in is the same.

Also I don't think that Hilton own it, they just operate it. I'd be very surprised if they upgraded people from the main hotel to Sunset Key.

Best of luck trying though!
Old Nov 20, 2002, 8:42 am

Key West doesn't really have good beaches, and the weather in Dec. is cooler than Hawaii, so if you want to go in the water Hawaii might be better. 100K for an ALON is a much better value.
Old Jan 23, 2003, 11:08 pm

Location: DTW- USA, NWA Gold, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Gold, Marriot Plat, Hertz PC
Points? Sunset Key Guest Cottages - Key West

Hi all! Anyone know whether or not points can be redeemed at this property? I have heard that the property does not participate in rewards, however the diamond desk HAS performed miracles for me in the past! Just wanted to hear your experiences - thanks!

[This message has been edited by ccost (edited 01-23-2003).]
Old Jan 24, 2003, 10:24 am
Suspended

when in EYW recently stopped by to get the inside info.Was told NO UPGRADES by anyone to the Sunset prop, nor free passes I believe it was $10 a day per person. Nor could I get a room there with pts. Its owned by the people who own Hilton EYW, but has its own office etc for check-in.
As for earning pts I was told that that can be done.
Old Jan 24, 2003, 10:48 am

you can definitely earn points at the property, and it's $10 a day for guests at the Key West Resort to use the beach (and only the beach!).

(edited to fix typo)

[This message has been edited by danam (edited 01-24-2003).]
Old Jan 24, 2003, 9:41 pm

Location: DTW- USA, NWA Gold, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Gold, Marriot Plat, Hertz PC
Thanks for the info - called the Diamond desk and they said the same thing you guys said.
How is the beach there - is it nicer than other beaches on kw?
Has anyone tried the restaurant Latitudes at the resort? How does the private meal on the beach work -
Thanks!
Old Jan 25, 2003, 3:20 am

Latitude's is worth visiting. The food was fantastic.

We had our meal a little distance from the main part of the restaurant (not quite on the beach). Basically they have wooden platforms in the sand where the table/chairs are, and if it's in the evening they light torches in the sand too.

I didn't spend much time on the beach. There's a few hammocks spread around, some sun loungers and a view of lots of moored boats. The attendant provides towels.

The beach isn't that big really, but I never saw it crowded. Apart from those staying on Sunset Key they limit the number of visitors from the Key West resort every day.
Old Jan 25, 2003, 7:46 am

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by craz:
I believe it was $10 a day per person</font>
FYI-There is no $10 charge to take the boat if you are dining at Latitudes.

Old Jan 27, 2003, 1:08 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ccost:
Anyone know whether or not points can be redeemed at this property?</font>
No and IMO this is one HUGE negative of the HHonors program, not being able to book suites/oceanfront rooms for additional points. Marriott & *wood allow it for extra points and I feel Hilton should as well.
Old May 15, 2003, 9:40 am

Programs: Delta Plat, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Hilton Key West

I have an award stay there in July for three nights. Does anyone know (from past experience) if they will upgrade you as a Hilton Gold V.I.P.? Also, Do they have an executive level lounge? Thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.