Old Dec 6, 2000, 8:52 pm
Original Poster

Arrow Hilton Milan {ITA}

Has anyone stayed at this property?
Is it fancy? Is it in a good location?
Old Dec 6, 2000, 9:53 pm

Pretty much a business hotel, rooms are
pretty small and drab. The hotel is in a
good location, so its easy to get around.
There are no executive floor rooms (at least
that I know of).
The lounge is also nice, with free wine,
and expresso. On the whole a decent hotel,
service was very very good though. I'd
go back there as long as it stayed
inexpensive. Last I heard they were
putting in a gym, no pool though.
Old Dec 7, 2000, 5:26 am

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
I stayed there on an award 2 years ago. The flight crew we flew with on Delta was also there.
I LOVED my room.
They upgraded me to the penthouse suite. We could of had dinner for 10 in the dining room. 3 leather couches, 3 TV's etc.
Aren't all the rooms like that?
They let me keep my rental car on the curb in front of the hotel.
Good location.
Old Dec 7, 2000, 5:31 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
the Milan Hilton also hosts the terminus station of the Alitalia airport bus (to/from both Milan airports).
Old Dec 9, 2000, 5:23 pm
Original Member

There is an executive floor, with a good continental breakfast. The hotel is nice, and very close to the train station (where the Malpensa Shuttle will drop you off if you are flying in to MXP). The nicest hotel in Milan is supposedly the Four Seasons, but it usually costs about 4x as much as the Hilton. Room service at the Hilton is also surprisingly good.
Old Dec 10, 2000, 9:46 am

Programs: UA Prem Exec MM Life, Marriott Planinum Life
Stayed there many times last few years - standard Hilton business hotel. Lobby area remodeled last year. OK if you need Hilton credit. Very good service. Beats the Marriott hands down in service and location.

Much prefer Sheraton Diana Majestic, Sheraton Principe di Savioa, or Westin Palace.

------------------
Have passport, will travel...
LAX, LHR, et.al.

[This message has been edited by World20 (edited 12-10-2000).]
Old Dec 12, 2000, 6:14 am
Suspended

The entire hotel was revamped earlier this year and I had the pleasure of staying there shortly after the re-opening. My room on the executive floor was huge and the service in the lounge was excellent with a wonderful selection of breakfast goodies.
Old Jul 19, 2001, 11:42 pm

Programs: HL Gold, SPG Platinum, HY Platinum, EY Gold Elite, EK Gold, LH Gold, AF Platinum
Hilton Milan - what a dissapoitment

Some comments about my stay in Milan:

I was staying 4 nights in Milan Hilton last week. Normally their rates are pretty high, so I was kind of expecting hotel to be really nice. Well, cannot really confirm that.

I am Diamond VIP, so I called in advance to supervisor and got a confirmed upgrade to executive floor. Room was ok, pretty basic, nothing extras, bathroom was not that nice.

We were having one small water bottle in the room, nothing else when we arrived. I was calling later to check in and asked do they have any extras and they said that I already have a bathrobe and upgrade to executive floor, so what more do I expect. I was saying that a plate of fruits would be nice and they told me to go to executive lounge to have them - fine. Maybe I am a bad persons, since I do not give extra value for a bathrobe.

They never brought an other bottle of water - funny that they have a paper in the room telling executive floor benefits and there they state that a new bottle of water everyday. I got newspaper on 2 mornings out of 4 and just after calling and requesting it.

Staff was really arrogant and some of them seems to have problems understanding english. I know I am under 30, but as a Diamond VIP I still expect the same service as older persons...I am still paying the same rate as they are.

When I was checking out, I noticed that the rate was different than the one they have confirmed when I was making a reservation (by phone). I told them it and then they called supervisor. He told that he cannot do anything, but promised to talk with the person who made the reservation (I made it directly to the hotel). The supervisor promised that they will call me on Monday (it was sunday when checking out).

I waited until Wednesday, but nobody called me, so I called to the hotel again. The reservation supervisor has never heard about it. He also refured to correct the bill, since I was not having written evidences about the rate (I was believing then rate was told in the phone) and told that I have maybe made a mistake. He also said that since I have signed the paper when checking in stating the rate, it was my mistake.

I anyway told, I would still like to talk with general manager. He said the manager is currently busy, but he will call me later. Now it has gone already 2 days, but no calls. I think he will never call...so this is treatment in Hilton Milan for Diamond VIPS...

NEver back there..next time one of the nice Sheratons/Westins.

Old Jul 20, 2001, 7:42 am

Groan... the treatment you received sounds so Italian... I know what it's like to feel nickled-and-dimed and ripped off, even for small amounts (I grew up there and go back every year). Unfortunately, in Italy prevails the attitude that it is better to screw somebody out of a few more thousand lire at least once, I guess assuming that repeat business won't occur anyway. I find this attitude again and again, especially in the travel industry, every time I go back. The only recourse you have, in a situation like this, is probably to take the issue up w/Hilton Corporate (perhaps with Adam Burke here) in the States, or somewhere *other than Italy*. I can almost guarantee you won't get satisfaction in dealing directly with the hotel. Now, there are a few happy exceptions to the grim picture I painted here: for example, I haven't stayed, but it seems that Starwood properties in Milan and other Italian cities are rated highly by many at FT. But unfortunately, what you experienced is pretty typical of consumer "service" in the Italian travel industry (don't even get me started with car rentals...). Good luck in resolving this problem.

[This message has been edited by honu (edited 07-20-2001).]
Old Jul 22, 2001, 1:33 pm

Programs: HL Gold, SPG Platinum, HY Platinum, EY Gold Elite, EK Gold, LH Gold, AF Platinum
Well, looks like you are right. Now it is already Sunday and no contact from the hotel. I was still believing that Hilton Hotels care about customers and expecially Diamond VIPs, but looks like I was wrong.

I will anyway inform our company travel manager to keep our travellers out from that hotel.
Old Nov 6, 2001, 10:25 am

Location: Austin, TX - AA ExPlat (1.4MM); Hyatt Plat; Hilton Dia; SPG Plat; National ExecElite, Hertz 5*
Milan Hilton Trip Report

Just returned from a CO mileage run to Milan last week and am pleased to report that for the most part, the Milan Hilton was terrific.

First, the hotel is very nice and looks new and up to date. It is very close to the Centrale Metro (subway) stop for those who plan to travel via public transportation - which is VERY easily, conveniently and inexpensively done in Milan.

We checked in at 10am without any trouble despite the fact that we were checking in prior to the official check-in time. Without even asking (I'm Gold), we were given a beautiful room upgrade (#902) on the 9th (top) floor of the hotel with a large outside patio overlooking the street below. Room was large, nicely furnished with desk, table, two sitting chairs, etc. and had a large bathroom, especially by European standards. We were invited to enjoy the Executive floor lounge during our stay.
Alas, this room had a King bed and I needed a room with two twins. Called downstairs and they sent up the bellman with keys to a new room on the 8th floor - it was a corner room, although not quite as large as the previous room and there was no outside patio. No big deal though, since we didn't plan to be in the room that much anyway.

We went out sightseeing and returned to the room later that afternoon to freshen up before dinner. Waiting for us in the room was a welcome card and a nicely wrapped jar of Italian olives as a welcome gift.

The only real snag that cropped up during our stay was that the Executive floor lounge was closed the entire length of our stay with no real explanation as to why. However, there was a sign posted in front of the lounge inviting everyone to the hotel restaurant for breakfast and to the bar in the lobby for free drinks throughout the day. We took advantage of both the restaurant and the bar and everyone was as friendly and nice as could be - no hassles at all with giving us the food and beverages as long as we showed them our Execeutive Floor card.

All in all, I would heartliy recommend the Hilton Milano.

Old Nov 6, 2001, 11:26 am

IAHRoadWarrior, nice report. I am taking a similar trip in December. The last time I was at the hotel, my service was not as nice as yours. Glad that you were taken care of. Can you give me details on your journey from MXP to the hotel. In the past I have arrived and departed only by train which is 3 blocks away. Please include location of train station at MXP, connections from train to metro, metro vs taxi in town, etc. Thanks.
Old Nov 6, 2001, 11:51 am

Location: Austin, TX - AA ExPlat (1.4MM); Hyatt Plat; Hilton Dia; SPG Plat; National ExecElite, Hertz 5*
Cobijonz: I suspect that my trip from MXP was similar to your experience previously. Took the Malpensa Express train to Cadorna station (which, incidentally, is NOT express in the sense of "non-stop" - it actually stops 4 times en route each way for a total ride time of 40 minutes), then take Green Metro line to Centrale station and walk the 1.5 blocks to the Hilton. You could always take a cab from Cadorna to the Hilton for about $10 including tip if you don't feel like taking the subway/walking. Incidentally, the Metro is the deal of the day - for example, a 48-hour unlimited usage ticket costs 9,000 lire (about $4.50).
Old Nov 6, 2001, 1:51 pm

Thanks, IAHRoadWarrior, very helpful. I'll follow up with my experiences after I get back from my trip.
Old Apr 14, 2002, 8:36 pm
Original Member

Hilton in Milan

Planning a trip to Milan next month (may). Can i get some feedback on how the hotel is in Milan and where can I find the cheapest rates ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.