Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Milan {ITA}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2018, 10:16 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Arrived 11am, upgraded from queen guest to king deluxe room , was offered a suite but this wasn't ready so took the king room as needed to freshen up, nice room 8th floor along from lounge, balcony, huge bed and it's afairly large room.......bathroom is compact with bath, shower ( not very powerful) toilet and bidet ........ view is of the front of hotel and nothing to shout about...... I did phone down for some firmer pillows and these were delivered promptly.
Water in room and extra water and chocolate sent up whilst we were out exploring milan ( I recommend going to the top of the cathedral, great views! ).
I've had a look around the hotel and took some photos for you guys....it's fairly impressive.
Now in lounge but on the terrace as inside is full of screaming kids and unpleasant....food not out yet.....will report back!

Last edited by wizla; Aug 15, 2018 at 11:15 am Reason: Extra information added
Old Aug 15, 2018, 10:48 am

CANAPÉS- Tomato pasta, brusheta, mackerel salad , veg soup and salsa......mixed salad too and some fruit.

SPIRITS - Havana club, gin , vodka and red label scotch whisky.

BEERS - Nastro azzurro
WINE - red, white and Martini prosseco ( quite nice prosseco! )

Lounge is now full including outside terrace but it's peaceful out here, nice ......will report back!
flybyFIRE likes this.

Last edited by wizla; Aug 15, 2018 at 11:40 am Reason: Beer spelling wrong
Old Aug 15, 2018, 12:46 pm

....... Booze taken away at 8pm on the dot, it's been a good night out on the terrace, a few interesting characters and a pleasant evening, jeez it's hot!.....will report back in morning!
BotB likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 1:44 pm

I would like to go back to the bus question.

if I take the bus from MXP TO MILAN CENTRAL, is it an end to end route? That means I just ride to the end of the bus route and get off, is it close to the central railway? Also, will the bus have room for the luggage? Thanks,
Old Aug 15, 2018, 2:50 pm

Programs: BA Gold (CCR), Cartafreccia, HH Diamond, Esselunga Fidaty Gold
Originally Posted by lililolo

if I take the bus from MXP TO MILAN CENTRAL, is it an end to end route? That means I just ride to the end of the bus route and get off, is it close to the central railway? Also, will the bus have room for the luggage? Thanks,
The bus from MXP to the Central station is an end to end route, with two intermediate stops, one at MXP T2 and the second (only on request) at Fiera Milano city. Plenty of space for the baggage on the underneath baggage compartment, very limited on the bus (only small bags). Travel time 50 minutes, expect 10-15 more minutes during peak hours. Bus stop is on the west side of the station (looking at the station to the left). Bus slightly cheaper and slightly faster than the train.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 2:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by lililolo

Yes. It is end to end. It terminates at the central train station (Milano Centrale), which is a few blocks' walk to the Hilton. Luggage is stored under the bus.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 11:54 pm

Slept well, bed very comfy and the blackout curtains work! , up fairly early as we are off to lane como today on a sight seeing trip, now in lounge ( sitting on the outside terrace ) just having a coffee before I hit the gym, there is no spa or sauna here which is disappointing.
So it GYM , shower then breakfast.........will report back!
Old Aug 16, 2018, 10:52 am

Now back from lake como, I can recommend this as a day trip if you are staying here on leisure, train cost 34 euros return and takes about 45 mins each way.......amazing place!.
Now in lounge, it's 6-45 and busy yet quiet, I'm actually on the terrace again and got lucky to get the sofa seat again......nice vibe but is so hot out here...I always wear a shirt in Executive lounges but the dress code in here is very relaxed......

No point reporting on offerings , exactly the same as last night!.....not fussed as was are out to dinner later however there is some cheese to go with the bruschetta......may indulge......will report back!
Old Aug 16, 2018, 12:58 pm

......... genuinely nice evening here tonight, very relaxing drinking prosseco and chatting to other diamonds out here on the executive lounge terrace......interesting folk much story swapping and things in common, one of them occasions when everything is perfect and enjoyable........... we are now off to dinner albeit a bit late but worth it...........will report back tomorrow!
Old Aug 16, 2018, 1:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold (CCR), Cartafreccia, HH Diamond, Esselunga Fidaty Gold
Originally Posted by wizla
Now back from lake como, I can recommend this as a day trip if you are staying here on leisure, train cost 34 euros return and takes about 45 mins each way.......amazing place!.
Actually a single train ticket from Milano to Como costs only 4,80 euros, twice the price for a return, and the travel time is 37 minutes from the Central station. If you want to save 1 minute there is the Eurocity train that in these days costs from 9,90 euros to 11,90 euros if you buy it the day before.
Several train options from many Milan stations at 4,80 euros, including the slower suburban lines, and you can reach the more convenient Como Nord Lago station, directly on the lake.
Quite strange you paid it a lot of money, even for first class (totally useless for a very short trip).
Old Aug 16, 2018, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by Aldebaran
Actually a single train ticket from Milano to Como costs only 4,80 euros, twice the price for a return, and the travel time is 37 minutes from the Central station. If you want to save 1 minute there is the Eurocity train that in these days costs from 9,90 euros to 11,90 euros if you buy it the day before.
Several train options from many Milan stations at 4,80 euros, including the slower suburban lines, and you can reach the more convenient Como Nord Lago station, directly on the lake.
Quite strange you paid it a lot of money, even for first class (totally useless for a very short trip).
Yeah that was for two of us first class return and on any train ( I should have mentioned that I guess ) ...... but fair play , you are a resident here and have access and knowledge of the best fares......however I guess being from London I thought the price I paid was good for the experience I had today..........that lake was worth every penny.
treppenlaeufer likes this.

Last edited by wizla; Aug 16, 2018 at 3:52 pm Reason: Typo
Old Aug 17, 2018, 1:29 am

......slept well, went to grab a coffee from lounge 7-45am , chatting to lounge dragon , friendly guy who says hotel is very quiet at the moment due to holidays........now back from gym, I don't have my running trainers with me some just done some resistance work, nice area and only myself in there ( will upload some photos )

This morning we are off for a wander after breakfast before getting a train to airport and then fly home later this afternoon, I'm going to try for a 2pm check out..........will report back!.

UPDATE - 2pm check out received .

Last edited by wizla; Aug 17, 2018 at 1:42 am Reason: Update.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 1:31 am

GYm this morning -
Attached Images   
Old Aug 17, 2018, 4:36 am

Breakfast finishes at 11am for the whole of this month...... we arrived at 10am and to be honest it was a bit of a shambles, most items had run out and it was very busy.......no plates , hot food tepid , staff disorganised ....... we went to breakfast early yesterday and it was fine....... tip is to get there early.
Now in lounge, it's 12-20pm and the is a good selection of sandwiches and fruit out ..... nice!
Got late check out until 2pm so just having a soda and sandwich before we leave for airport......will report back!
treppenlaeufer likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 3:42 am

Checked out at 1-30pm, simply used the express check out box by the FD and I'm on my way to the train station ( 5 min walk from hotel ) where we got a train to mensepa airport ( this takes roughly an hour ).

CONCLUSION - No complaints, I did notice the walls are a little thin on the 8th floor, the guy next door took a shower at 6am and I could clearly hear the water running, the guy the other side was talking on his phone quite late but not intrusive........the lounge food was the same both nights but it was tasty ......also breakfast was disorganised ( get there early ! )
Onto the positives I found everyone friendly and helpful, got a great suite upgrade which I declined for a room that was ready ( still a very nice room ) and Marco in the executive lounge was very attentive indeed.......if I return to Milan I would definitely stay again!......Milan is live!

ROOM NO - 858

NEXT PLANNED STAY - Doubletree Greenwich ( 26/8/18 )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.