Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Milan {ITA}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2017, 2:34 pm

Happens all the time. Just call hilton and have them put a note in the first reservation to link it to the second. Worst case you will have to do a re-key.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 2:06 am

Does Hilton Milan ever have standard room available for reward booking?

I am trying to book a room using points in coming September. I have been checking the site for weeks and never once I saw any standard room available. the Hotel only offers premium room for 90,000 points per night.

Is Hilton Milan very popular or there will be some events in town during the month of September?

Anybody knows? Thanks,
Old Feb 18, 2018, 5:49 am

Programs: ua-mm *G, hilton-gold
check out the new Hilton lake como. it is not to far away and the photos look great. 80000 for standard reward.

Last edited by bearkatt; Feb 18, 2018 at 5:57 am
Old Feb 18, 2018, 10:37 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
I have stayed there three times. Once in 2015, and twice in 2017. All on standard rewards. Of course, there is no fixed price for "standard" rewards. It usually just means a standard room at whatever the going rate is. In 2015 our stay was 50K per night, In 2017 the stays were 49K and 37K per night. Our best upgrade, to a large suite, was on the 37K stay.

I do recommend the place.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 10:55 pm

Programs: QFF LTG , HHD
Originally Posted by lililolo
I am trying to book a room using points in coming September. I have been checking the site for weeks and never once I saw any standard room available. the Hotel only offers premium room for 90,000 points per night.

Is Hilton Milan very popular or there will be some events in town during the month of September?

Anybody knows? Thanks,
Milan is a huge event city, particularly events associated with the fashion industry. September is the time of year for an annual fashion week and I'd think you'd be very lucky to find standard reward rooms, or cheap rates, at that time. I can see plenty of dates at other times of the year when standard reward rates are available,
Old Apr 6, 2018, 9:46 am

We stayed here in March on a weekend. Standard room booking which was upgraded to Executive as HH Gold. Early check-in granted at 1030am as soon as the rooms were ready (had to wait about 30 minutes). The room itself was very spacious and well appointed and the staff at the front desk and concierge extremely friendly and helpful.

The main disappointment was with the Executive Lounge. It was not well appointed and always overcrowded, with a line of people sitting in the corridor waiting to get in during the evening reception. The staff were also unhelpful, probably due to the amount of work they had to do, and would refer any questions to the front desk team rather than answering themselves. We tried to go to the lounge for breakfast but it was so crowded and the dishes mostly empty that we chose instead to eat in the downstairs restaurant which had an excellent buffet (and ironically had less guests in a much larger space).

This would be a much better property if they put a little bit of effort into improving their Executive Lounge, or at least reduced the number of complimentary upgrades. When everyone is upgraded, nobody is upgraded.
hugolover likes this.
Old May 31, 2018, 9:49 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by B747-437B
We stayed here in March on a weekend. Standard room booking which was upgraded to Executive as HH Gold. Early check-in granted at 1030am as soon as the rooms were ready (had to wait about 30 minutes). The room itself was very spacious and well appointed and the staff at the front desk and concierge extremely friendly and helpful.

The main disappointment was with the Executive Lounge. It was not well appointed and always overcrowded, with a line of people sitting in the corridor waiting to get in during the evening reception. The staff were also unhelpful, probably due to the amount of work they had to do, and would refer any questions to the front desk team rather than answering themselves. We tried to go to the lounge for breakfast but it was so crowded and the dishes mostly empty that we chose instead to eat in the downstairs restaurant which had an excellent buffet (and ironically had less guests in a much larger space).

This would be a much better property if they put a little bit of effort into improving their Executive Lounge, or at least reduced the number of complimentary upgrades. When everyone is upgraded, nobody is upgraded.
I just completed a 4-night stay here, and had mostly the opposite experience.

I checked in on a Thursday afternoon, and checked out on a Monday morning. The only time the lounge was crowded was on Friday evening, and we only had to wait about 5 minutes for a table to open up.

My father is Kosher/vegetarian when he travels, and the lounge was very heavily weighted toward pork and shellfish. When he explained his dietary restrictions to the lounge staff, they had the kitchen prepare him vegetarian-friendly dishes.

The staff was pretty consistent in keeping the food offerings well stocked, but there were some times where they fell a bit behind.

I guess this is another instance of YMMV. Maybe I just happened to time my stay for a less-busy stretch.
Old May 31, 2018, 12:07 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
I'm here mid August.......will do trip report!
Old Jul 30, 2018, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by wizla
I'm here mid August.......will do trip report!
BUMP - okay, here's the plan..... I fly into Malpensa Airport on 14th Aug, I STAY one night at the Hilton garden inn but the next day I need to get to Hilton Milan...... im guessing get the shuttle bus back to the airport after breakfast and get a train or bus to the Hilton from there, I've heard it's quite a journey to downtown milan from the airport .......any tips appreciated.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 4:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
BUMP - okay, here's the plan..... I fly into Malpensa Airport on 14th Aug, I STAY one night at the Hilton garden inn but the next day I need to get to Hilton Milan...... im guessing get the shuttle bus back to the airport after breakfast and get a train or bus to the Hilton from there, I've heard it's quite a journey to downtown milan from the airport .......any tips appreciated.
I arrived on a train from Basel, so I can only speak from the experience of doing this trip in the reverse. Milan City Center is quite a distance from MXP. I would definitely take the shuttle bus back to MXP, but you should allow yourself about 90 minutes to get from the shuttle drop off point to Milano Centrale. It's a 5 minute walk from the train station to the Hilton. Just exit through the front of the station, walk past the (SPG) Excelsior Gallia (which will be on your right), make a right, walk 2 blocks, and the Hilton will be on your right.

I took the bus, because it was easy on/easy off, and the buses run every 10 minutes from Milano Centrale. The bus ride took almost an hour. Just make sure to book your morning shuttle reservation from the HGI to MXP with the front desk in advance, because there aren't a lot of seats. You shouldn't have a problem if booked in advance, and I guess worst case you will know your shuttle time if your desired shuttle time is booked up.

Old Jul 31, 2018, 10:32 am

Programs: BA Gold (CCR), Cartafreccia, HH Diamond, Esselunga Fidaty Gold
Best option is a train from Somma Lombardo (the town where the HGI is located) to Milan. From HGI to the station a short 10-15 mins walk.
Travel time 65 mins. Cost 5.5 €s.
Unfortunately no direct service to Central station, so you have to change at Rho or otherwise plan a 3 minutes metro ride from Porta Garibaldi station to Central station. trenitalia.com for info.
If you feel unconfortable with this option take the shuttle to the Airport.
From MXP bus is cheaper than the train so I can suggest this option. Remember 15th Aug is an holyday in Italy so Milan will be almost deserted. The same for the Hilton being a business hotel, so you could reasonably expect a nice upgrade.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 3:08 pm

.....thanks guys, these tips are very helpful, I've not been to Italy before!
Old Aug 1, 2018, 9:43 am

Programs: BA Gold (CCR), Cartafreccia, HH Diamond, Esselunga Fidaty Gold
.....thanks guys, these tips are very helpful, I've not been to Italy before!
In August Milan is not at its best: usually temperatures are very hot (yesterday afternoon temperatures in town were in the range of 38-39 °C) but at least is not crowded because 15th August is the peak day of the holiday season, so the locals are not in town and all the people you will see around are probably tourists. On the negative side expect reduced public transportation service.

Anyway I hope you will enjoy you trip to Milan, and if you need any suggestion feel free to PM me.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by Aldebaran
In August Milan is not at its best: usually temperatures are very hot (yesterday afternoon temperatures in town were in the range of 38-39 °C) but at least is not crowded because 15th August is the peak day of the holiday season, so the locals are not in town and all the people you will see around are probably tourists. On the negative side expect reduced public transportation service.

Anyway I hope you will enjoy you trip to Milan, and if you need any suggestion feel free to PM me.
Many thanks...very helpful, I may just do that.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 11:40 pm

I'm here tonight guys, preupgrade says " hidden" so unknown what that means.......will do live trip report as usual.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.