Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Note: This hotel is 100% nonsmoking

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2006, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I just noticed this on the booking page when checking the Hilton San Diego/Del Mar. I wonder if this will be a nice new trend for HH props. I have stayed at a few Westins lately and I can notice an air quality difference.

MisterNice
Old Jun 1, 2006, 7:34 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Thumbs up Let's hope!

Originally Posted by MisterNice
I just noticed this on the booking page when checking the Hilton San Diego/Del Mar. I wonder if this will be a nice new trend for HH props. I have stayed at a few Westins lately and I can notice an air quality difference.

MisterNice

Great News! I hope all Hilton Properties go "non smoking"! ^

Last edited by KENNECTED; Jun 1, 2006 at 7:52 am
Old Jun 1, 2006, 7:51 am

Programs: UA MM, Hilton-Dia
Let's not

I hope all Hilton properties will still allow smoking ^
Old Jun 1, 2006, 7:59 am

Programs: NW Platinum Elite, *Wood Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
I have a NS room at my Embassy Suites in DC, either I'm getting it from a different floor, or the last guest light up in there. Being that I've been at the property since feb, and never noticed it, I'm guess it's the latter of the two.

I personally wouldn't mind all NS. Seems to be a trends with all the legislation and Westin going NS'ing.
Old Jun 1, 2006, 8:38 am

Programs: UA AU MM,HH Diamond,Hyatt Globalist , Marriott Gold
I am on the booking page for Hilton San Diego Mission Valley:

"THIS HOTEL IS 100% NONSMOKING"

This may be a trend in CA.
Old Jun 1, 2006, 8:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I would love to see the trend spread! ^ Did CA pass a law or is HH doing this on their own? I haven't done any CA stays in the past 6 months or so, but for my last one (a Marriott stay), I don't recall any 100% nonsmoking language.
Old Jun 1, 2006, 10:36 am
In Memoriam

Programs: HH Diamond, Amtrak Exec
You can add the Hilton Ontario Airport to the list of 100% non-smoking hotels in California.
Old Jun 1, 2006, 11:37 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Non Smoke State Policy

I think alot of states are passing "non smoking in public areas" laws.

I know NY, NJ are both non smoking and OH & IL, among a few other states who will be deciding if their states go "smoke free"
Old Jun 1, 2006, 11:52 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite
The Hilton Garden Inn, El Segundo, CA is also 100% non-smoking but you can book a smoking room there on the Hilton website.
Old Jun 1, 2006, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Originally Posted by MisterNice

MisterNice

It's a great hotel; I stay there at least twice a month. I was really, really pleased to see a completely non-smoking property. Naturally, I do expect this trend to slowly spread throughout the Hilton network.

I don't remember, but are Hilton's in countries like Ireland or Scotland, where smoking is severely restricted, are the hotels there completely non-smoking too? (Someone just told me that Scotland has some sort of ban too.)
Old Jun 1, 2006, 1:18 pm

Programs: Diamond HH
Originally Posted by tide
I hope all Hilton properties will still allow smoking ^
I second that. Anyone heard of choice these days? 15% of people smoke, and they all know it's bad for them. What does chasing them out of hotels like witches achieve?

On numerous occasions I have been unable to get a smoking room because they are all taken. How often are non-smokers forced to take smoking rooms? Other than the 3 second interval they may notice a slight smell walking past a smoking room, is there any other inconvenience by allowing others to do as they choose?

I would like to have all Hilton properties ban the use of mayonnaise because I personally think it tastes bad and contributes to obesity and heart disease.
Old Jun 1, 2006, 1:30 pm

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
Originally Posted by B-money
I second that. Anyone heard of choice these days? 15% of people smoke, and they all know it's bad for them. What does chasing them out of hotels like witches achieve?

On numerous occasions I have been unable to get a smoking room because they are all taken. How often are non-smokers forced to take smoking rooms? Other than the 3 second interval they may notice a slight smell walking past a smoking room, is there any other inconvenience by allowing others to do as they choose?

I would like to have all Hilton properties ban the use of mayonnaise because I personally think it tastes bad and contributes to obesity and heart disease.
When you smoke in your room, the secondhand smoke travels thru the ventilating system into other rooms.
Old Jun 1, 2006, 1:31 pm

Programs: UA AU MM,HH Diamond,Hyatt Globalist , Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by B-money

I agree with the mayonnaise bit, but when I can't get a smoking room, I just go outside. I go outside at work, at home..... It isn't that big of a deal.
Old Jun 1, 2006, 1:40 pm

Programs: DL-Dirt Medallion;US-Cast Iron Preferred; HH-Gold; Avis First
The HGI in Corvallis, OR has been 100% NS for at least a year and a half. When checking in there, they require you to sign an agreement that you are liable for a $200 cleaning charge if you smoke in the room.
Old Jun 1, 2006, 1:44 pm

Hotel smoking

Originally Posted by ContinentalFan
I don't remember, but are Hilton's in countries like Ireland or Scotland, where smoking is severely restricted, are the hotels there completely non-smoking too? (Someone just told me that Scotland has some sort of ban too.)
In Ireland smoking is not (yet) prohibited in hotel rooms and jail cells. So while smoking is prohibited in public areas of hotels, they can have some smoking rooms, if these are clearly designated. Hotels can of course decide not to bother designating any rooms as smoking rooms.

Incidentally a recent European survey found very high (80%+) approval levels for smoking restrictions in places like Ireland and Sweden that actually had them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.