Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Tokyo Narita Airport {JPN}

Hilton Tokyo Narita Airport {JPN}

Old Jan 20, 04, 10:21 pm
  #61  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: AA EXP
Posts: 1,109
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by PremEx:
I'm a little confused reading the above. I see mention of a hotel shuttle running to Keisei Narita Station, but is there a hotel shuttle that runs from NRT airport to the hotel itself? Thanks!</font>
There are two (2) shuttles, one for Downtown Narita and one for the airport. BTW, I recently stayed there on a remarkable 7000 yen Net Direct Rate, I was able to pay in cash, no CC charge and they charged me *NO TAX* (that was a surprise, the total was 7000yen), a breakfast coupon that says "continental", but was invited to the entire buffet, so maybe it is full afterall and a delightful sleep after 3 long hard days of work! Recommended and will return! Waiting on the 10,000 bonus points for ACAQ on this stay too!

Too bad, I had to fly the deplorable J service of AA176 to DFW afterwards. If I was on CX, it would have been perfect.
Cygnus X-1 is offline  
Old Jan 21, 04, 2:50 am
  #62  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: Texas, U.S.A.
Posts: 19,523
Thanks!
PremEx is offline  
Old Jan 21, 04, 9:09 am
  #63  
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: JFK based (¯`'•.¸AAdvantage Gold * Delta Silver * Marriott Plat * HHonors Gold¸.•'´¯)
Posts: 212
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Cygnus X-1:
...BTW, I recently stayed there on a remarkable 7000 yen Net Direct Rate, I was able to pay in cash, no CC charge and they charged me *NO TAX* (that was a surprise, the total was 7000yen)...</font>
Hi Cygnus X-1,
Is that net direct rate still available & if so can you provide some more info ? Thank you.
dragonmp11a10 is offline  
Old Jan 21, 04, 6:23 pm
  #64  
Moderator, CoronaVirus and Hilton Honors
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: grounded for now
Programs: some
Posts: 70,929
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Cygnus X-1:
There are two (2) shuttles, one for Downtown Narita and one for the airport. BTW, I recently stayed there on a remarkable 7000 yen Net Direct Rate, I was able to pay in cash, no CC charge and they charged me *NO TAX* (that was a surprise, the total was 7000yen), a breakfast coupon that says "continental", but was invited to the entire buffet, so maybe it is full afterall and a delightful sleep after 3 long hard days of work! Recommended and will return! Waiting on the 10,000 bonus points for ACAQ on this stay too!

Too bad, I had to fly the deplorable J service of AA176 to DFW afterwards. If I was on CX, it would have been perfect.</font>
I couldnt find a rate even close to this when I stayed, but also noticed no tax charge. Either that or they somehow wrapped it into the rate and I was too jetlagged to notice
Kiwi Flyer is offline  
Old Jan 22, 04, 5:36 pm
  #65  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: AA EXP
Posts: 1,109
Thanks for asking the questions! I was able to find it again and I booked it again. The rates are actually ADVANCED PURCHASE rates where they deposit it to your card, but it is not charged until you make the stay. From that point you can either pay cash or CC (Japan is a cash economy, so I pay the cash). The rates went 7000 yen for January 7500 yen for February and 10200 yen (I think) for March. These are not Net Direct Rates (my error) in which your card is CHARGED. There is a difference between a deposit and a charge. However, if you no show, it will be likely you will be charged. Hotel discretion.

These are off-peak rates and can only be found around Sunday - Tuesday. Monday is always a holiday for the press in Japan. I grabbed the 7500 yen rate for February, thanks you everyone asking. I did not check for the other days. You will not get them again until next year. The hotel normally charges 15,000 yen as their lowest level.

Mind you the extra perks are for Gold members or higher. If you are not Gold, you will not get breakfast nor the health club pass (includes the pool). Many cargo pilots stay at this hotel, including the FedEx crews!
Cygnus X-1 is offline  
Old Jan 23, 04, 3:00 am
  #66  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: Texas, U.S.A.
Posts: 19,523
I'm there right now. Gold treatment is very good. Went to front desk to check-in and the minute I presented my Gold card, he called a Concierge over who took me to his desk to check me in there.

Presented with the Spa pass and continental breakfast coupons, which he said were actually good for the full breakfast buffet. Without prompting, he inquired as to if I might need a bit extra time on my check-out date. He asked my flight time and said that he could extend check-out without charge to 3pm. He also upgraded me without prompting to the top floor (which is the only one with hi-speed internet, I gather).

Then escorted to my room, to be given the full tour of it's features.

Extremely nice treatment. I didn't have to do a thing but sit there and take what they offered, and Thank them.

Next time I would probably take a taxi instead of the comp hotel shuttle bus. After stopping at Terminal 1 it goes to Terminal 2 for a stop and load, and then also stops at the Excel Tokyu Hotel, before finally hitting the Hilton. Took 35 minutes from Terminal 1. Would have been another 30 minutes longer if the bus didn't happen to be sitting there when I arrived.
PremEx is offline  
Old Jan 23, 04, 6:45 am
  #67  
Moderator, CoronaVirus and Hilton Honors
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: grounded for now
Programs: some
Posts: 70,929
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by PremEx:
I'm there right now. Gold treatment is very good. Went to front desk to check-in and the minute I presented my Gold card, he called a Concierge over who took me to his desk to check me in there.

Presented with the Spa pass and continental breakfast coupons, which he said were actually good for the full breakfast buffet. Without prompting, he inquired as to if I might need a bit extra time on my check-out date. He asked my flight time and said that he could extend check-out without charge to 3pm. He also upgraded me without prompting to the top floor (which is the only one with hi-speed internet, I gather).

Then escorted to my room, to be given the full tour of it's features.

Extremely nice treatment. I didn't have to do a thing but sit there and take what they offered, and Thank them.

Next time I would probably take a taxi instead of the comp hotel shuttle bus. After stopping at Terminal 1 it goes to Terminal 2 for a stop and load, and then also stops at the Excel Tokyu Hotel, before finally hitting the Hilton. Took 35 minutes from Terminal 1. Would have been another 30 minutes longer if the bus didn't happen to be sitting there when I arrived.</font>
Only some of the buses stop at Excel Tokyu and terminal 2 stop is only if passengers disembarking or ready to board (ie it doesnt wait there).
Kiwi Flyer is offline  
Old Jan 23, 04, 9:58 am
  #68  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: AA EXP
Posts: 1,109
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by PremEx:
Next time I would probably take a taxi instead of the comp hotel shuttle bus. After stopping at Terminal 1 it goes to Terminal 2 for a stop and load, and then also stops at the Excel Tokyu Hotel, before finally hitting the Hilton. Took 35 minutes from Terminal 1. Would have been another 30 minutes longer if the bus didn't happen to be sitting there when I arrived.</font>
Taxi's are 660 yen for the first 2 KM and jump 80 yen each 1/8th of a KM thereafter. All the buses run on exact schedules. Take the shuttle, enjoy the ride.
Cygnus X-1 is offline  
Old Jan 23, 04, 4:03 pm
  #69  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: Texas, U.S.A.
Posts: 19,523
BTW, this "small" earthquake may hardly have been felt a whole lot at the lobby level, but up here on the 12th floor, it was very noticable indeed. About 30 seconds of rockin' and rollin':

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...e_040123113606

But being a Californian where we're used to quakes, it didn't even get my heart pumping. There was a bit of excited activity out in the hallway, by some earthquake inexperienced Westerners, however. And I did my best to calm them down by shouting, "Run for your lives! This is the big one!"
PremEx is offline  
Old Jan 23, 04, 6:02 pm
  #70  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: Texas, U.S.A.
Posts: 19,523
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Yes! Gold's get "Continental", but Diamonds get full in most cases.</font>
In addition to my experience mentioned above with the Concierge presenting me (Gold) with my "Continental Breakfast" coupons and specifically mentioning without prompting that they were actually valid for the entire full breakfast buffet...

The charming hostess at the restaurant (just an hour ago) knew 2 English phrases at least. When I presented her my Continental Breakfast coupon she seated me and then with palm up, arm outstretched, and a wide sweeping motion, said, "Everything."

I pointed to my coupon (now in a little round holder on the table) and questioned just to be sure, "Everything?"

"Hi" she replied sweeping her arm again in a wide gesture, "Everything."

Nobody tracks your visits to the buffet and there is not even a check. At the end of my meal, the waitress just pulled my coupon out of the holder, gave it back to me and said, "Cashier."

Up to the Cashier (who was the hostess who seated me) and presented my coupon, to which she responded with a smile and a "Thank You" and gestured me to the exit. And that was that. No check. Nothing to sign for.

So it seems to me at least that despite what it says on the coupon, that Golds and Diamonds both get the full breakfast buffet.

Which was indeed great, as others have posted above.
PremEx is offline  
Old Jan 25, 04, 3:56 pm
  #71  
Zip
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Akron, OH
Programs: UA-MM, 1K; Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Posts: 1,342
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Zip:
Is this place convenient to use as a 1-day base for sightseeing in the area? (No, I don't want to do sightseeing at NRT).</font>
To answer my own question, the answer is NO (or at least, would be very inconvenient to do so). However, we did use it as a base for a day visit to Narita after all, and had a great time, especially at the temple, and various restaurants on the way to it.
Zip is offline  
Old Feb 7, 04, 8:38 pm
  #72  
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Rewards Gold, Fairmont President Club Platinum
Posts: 9,054
We (including my wife and 8 yr old duaghter) will be staying there on a HHonors award - but I am a Gold member. So we will get the the breakfast coupons (officially "continental" - practically "full buffent"?). There is no lounge? Can reward stays be upgraded?

In terms of signtseeing to Tokyo - can one take a bus tour? - or a taxi/limo tour?
FlyerGoldII is offline  
Old Feb 8, 04, 6:03 am
  #73  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: Texas, U.S.A.
Posts: 19,523
FlyerGoldII...my post above of Jan 23 3:00am was indeed a HHonors award stay. So yes...you may be upgraded on an award stay, if available.

As others have pointed out, as a Category 1 hotel, this has to be one of the best bargains on award usage in the chain. Especially considering the quality of this property and it's staff.

The hotel can arrange for packaged organized tours of Tokyo and other parts of Japan from various suppliers. Or they can assist you in building an "on your own" plan to get to Tokyo by bus/train.
PremEx is offline  
Old Feb 21, 04, 8:12 am
  #74  
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Rewards Gold, Fairmont President Club Platinum
Posts: 9,054
Best transportation options to Narita Hilton

Next month, my wife, my 8 yr old daughter, and I will be arriving on a ANA flight, from Hong Kong, shortly after 8 PM. We will have several pieces of checked baggage/luggage.

Reading other threads, in other forum - one option is to take the complimentary shuttle to the hotel - problems are that it is difficult to find the shuttle loading zone at the terminal builing curb, and that the shuttle comes infrequently.

I would like to take the most convenient transportation option - taking account the time factor, and the cost.

PS-To go to Tokyo, do the trains go from the airport, or from downtown Narita. I may want to go at least one day, to Tokyo, for sightseeing purposes.
FlyerGoldII is offline  
Old Feb 21, 04, 10:38 pm
  #75  
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Terra Australis Cognita
Posts: 5,344
If the free shuttle is too inconvinient/slow for you, the only other option is a taxi. Not sure how much it'll set you back, but Japanese taxis ain't cheap...

And yes, the trains to Tokyo leave directly from the airport, you even have three to choose from (JR N'EX, Keisei Skyliner, Keisei ordinary).
jpatokal is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: