Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Tokyo Narita Airport {JPN}

Hilton Tokyo Narita Airport {JPN}

Old Feb 3, 20, 8:12 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy gold. hold AA, UA, BA, AMEX, Citi
Thank you! Already printed out the shuttle info before you posted. It does appear clicking on restaurants through google maps along that route (although often times not accurate), many operations close at 5pm while others open at 5pm and there are fair mix closed completely on Sunday. So while not hopping, it does look like there will be some options open on a Sunday evening.
Old Feb 21, 20, 7:36 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy gold. hold AA, UA, BA, AMEX, Citi
If I want to see planes from a queen deluxe, do I want an odd or even numbered room? Kind of hard to tell with the curvature of the building.
Old Feb 21, 20, 10:15 pm

Programs: AA (EXP), Hilton (Diamond), SPG (lowly Gold)
Originally Posted by saaveraward View Post
If I want to see planes from a queen deluxe, do I want an odd or even numbered room? Kind of hard to tell with the curvature of the building.
The rooms (at least on the 11th floor) aren't even on one side, odd on the other, they are sequential next to each other.

I would suggest emailing the hotel in advance and requesting a room with a good view of the airport. You can email them atI've stayed many times over the years, and never have had a view of the airport. I wasn't aware the hotel had such views.
Old Feb 21, 20, 10:29 pm

Odd or even number fine as long as on outside part of curve. Rooms closer to elevators sit more directly under flight pattern usually but this can vary.
Old Feb 22, 20, 3:25 am

Hilton app shows floor plans for many properties (not sure how universal a feature it yet has become). Can you do OLCI and pick your own room? If so, that would definitely show a floor plan and you can easily pick one that faces the flight paths.
Old Feb 22, 20, 6:44 am

Originally Posted by arlflyer View Post
Hilton app shows floor plans for many properties (not sure how universal a feature it yet has become). Can you do OLCI and pick your own room? If so, that would definitely show a floor plan and you can easily pick one that faces the flight paths.
yes. I can, but the building is a half circle and rooms facing east? Would be the best. But never been on property, so hard to tell if those facing north are on approach or those facing south would show landings. Wind dependent of course.
Old Feb 22, 20, 7:22 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
yes. I can, but the building is a half circle and rooms facing east? Would be the best. But never been on property, so hard to tell if those facing north are on approach or those facing south would show landings. Wind dependent of course.
Take a look at the hotel on Google Maps satellite view, gives you a good idea of what rooms would face what direction in relation to where the airport and flight paths would be.
Old Feb 22, 20, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by JJeffrey View Post
Take a look at the hotel on Google Maps satellite view, gives you a good idea of what rooms would face what direction in relation to where the airport and flight paths would be.
Not sure if this is universal, but the floor plans I look at in the app generally have integrated google maps functionality. I don't know the specific programming terminology but that seems to be the platform upon which they are overlaid. So it's pretty easy to see compass directions and adjacent landmarks right in the floor plan feature of the app. Looking at a couple of my reservations right now.
Old Feb 22, 20, 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by arlflyer View Post
Not sure if this is universal, but the floor plans I look at in the app generally have integrated google maps functionality. I don't know the specific programming terminology but that seems to be the platform upon which they are overlaid. So it's pretty easy to see compass directions and adjacent landmarks right in the floor plan feature of the app. Looking at a couple of my reservations right now.
yes. All of this is possible but I don't know flight patterns or building obstructions so thus the question for previous guests.
Old Feb 22, 20, 7:48 pm

Programs: AA (EXP), Hilton (Diamond), SPG (lowly Gold)
I suggested (in #648 ) asking the hotel by email, since they are on site all the time and would likely be in the best position to know and to allocate rooms you desire. Is there a reason not to do so?
Old Feb 22, 20, 8:23 pm

Programs: HH Gold, Marriott Gold
I think I faced towards the runways, but the view was obstructed. I wasn’t high enough. The good news is the windows were double paned and you could not hear a plane. The bad news is that I remember the outside of the windows being tinted and really dirty, so vision was really hampered. I saw a few planes, but it didn’t seem to be the best view.
Old Feb 23, 20, 9:31 pm

So to answer my own questions, I think XX31 would be the best view for plane spotting. Amazing takeoffs so close you can almost read the tail number. You can see the entire roll from floor 11 or 12. When it flips, you'll get the final minute of approach and touchdown. Outstanding views.

Virtually nothing is open on the walk from Narita City to the Temple on a Sunday afternoon. So the hotel was ill informed and that was the main driver to spend the night at Narita.

Otherwise, the price is right. Be aware, if you don't want to have breakfast, there's a dead zone where you can't be served a meal between 10 am and 11:30 am on weekdays. Got a sandwich out of the gift shop and couldn't believe I couldn't sit down to eat at 11 am anywhere.

Taxi from Narita was 2700 which seemed awfully high for distance covered

Last edited by saaveraward; Feb 23, 20 at 10:00 pm

Search this Thread
Search Engine: